(Topic ID: 234284)

exchange Theatre of magic with pirates of the Caribbean?

By ababapanos

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tommyp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello
    I have a suggestion to exchange theatre of magic, with pirates of Caribbean ( 2007)
    what is your opinion?

#2 5 years ago

I would do it - but only temporarily. POTC is fun but it doesn’t have as much variety as TOM

#3 5 years ago

No, unless you want to go from a pin with flow (ToM) to one with no flow (POTC).

#4 5 years ago

If it's a perminent trade, the TOM is worth a couple thousand more than POTC. It would be a lopsided trade.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If it's a perminent trade, the TOM is worth a couple thousand more than POTC. It would be a lopsided trade.

I agree. TOM is a more sought after, highly desired 90s pin. Stern POTC is a cool pin, I owned one, but definitely not worth as much as the TOM.

#6 5 years ago

thank you for the answers. I do not care about the issue of value, I'm interested if the pirates are more fun in the game

#7 5 years ago

Pirates is a great game with many cool toys. Sink the ship, spinning compass multiball, treasure chest, mini upper level. I like the unique design and flow. That being said TOM is a great game with cool toys too.

#8 5 years ago

I'm interested in playing more fun. pirates are fresher, but they are even deeper rules?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from ababapanos:

Hello
    I have a suggestion to exchange theatre of magic, with pirates of Caribbean ( 2007)
    what is your opinion?

No way.

Quoted from ababapanos:

I'm interested in playing more fun. pirates are fresher, but they are even deeper rules?

They're both pretty shallow, but I think PotC is shallower. You could make a much better deal selling the ToM and with the cash choosing any one of a number of newer pins with more fun and longevity than PotC.

#10 5 years ago

has anyone else to give an opinion?

#11 5 years ago

Nobody is going to stop you if that's what you want to do. Just play the game a few times and see how much you like it.

#12 5 years ago

Personally I would not, not on value, not on game play. If you are just using TOM as capital and are not totally in love with it, then I would sell it outright to keep it from being a lopsided trade.

#13 5 years ago

ToM is way better than Stern POTC in my opinion. I would not do it.

#14 5 years ago

Hell no. I couldn't get rid of POTC fast enough. Its boring as hell. TOM gets old fast too but not like POTC.

#15 5 years ago

I agree with the rest. Keep tom, or if you need to at least get potc plus cash for it. 1-1 you're losing out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/exchange-theatre-of-magic-with-pirates-of-the-caribbean?hl=ababapanos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.