Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by WizardMod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I bought a Avengers AIQ Premium NIB 2 weeks ago. Set it up right away and can’t keep away from it. My wife and I play all night. Already have 500 plays on it. Do we need to slow down for the life of the machine?

#2 3 years ago

No. Make sure the balls are in good shape and wipe it with a microfiber cloth to get rid of dirt if it start accumulating.

#3 3 years ago

It’s a pinball. It’s meant to be played. Enjoy

#4 3 years ago

Everything that would wear out is replaceable, and most of it easy and/or cheap to replace.

edit

Quoted from isJ:

No. Make sure the balls are in good shape and wipe it with a microfiber cloth to get rid of dirt if it start accumulating.

What he/she said, too. Accumulating dirt makes things worse, wipe it down with Novus 1 or Wizards Mist-n-Shine every 100 games or so.

#5 3 years ago

I have a customer with a st pro. Over 10 k plays in home . Enjoy and play more!
    Buy another game!

#6 3 years ago

I would be more worried about injuring your wrists/hands than the game being abused. I guess if your not nudging or slap saving frequently then no risk there but I can't have a decent game on AIQ without doing so.

#7 3 years ago

No, unplug it. Put a blanket over it and don't play for 5 years. Will sell for more money!! Kiddin, enjoy it, thats why you bought it!!

#8 3 years ago

Yes!

The worst thing you can do to a pinball machine is play it.

#9 3 years ago

Haaaaaaaaa!!! Thanks all for the insight!! I’m a new pin owner so all of this is foreign to me!!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I bought a Avengers AIQ Premium NIB 2 weeks ago. Set it up right away and can’t keep away from it. My wife and I play all night. Already have 500 plays on it. Do we need to slow down for the life of the machine?

Hell fucking no.

#11 3 years ago

Suggest you buy a few more pins.

#12 3 years ago

400 of which were quick three ball drains in which nothing much was hit on the playfield, bet

#13 3 years ago

Wait you guys take your games out the box?

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I don't even take delivery. Just flip my spot on Pinside and double my cash. I love pinball!

#15 3 years ago

You will put thousands of plays on it and that will still pale in comparison to well routed game. Keep pf clean, replace balls as needed, and fix anything that breaks and enjoy.

#16 3 years ago

My opinion is that the reason that you purchase a machine is so that you can play it as much as you want for free.
    Add to that that fact that you can clean and maintain the machine so that it plays perfectly, instead of getting neglected on a route and abused by customers that have no respect for an expensive pinball machine.
    It's your machine and you get to use it anytime you feel like it, for as long as you like.
    I have never understood why people will purchase an expensive machine and play it 100 times and sell it.
    It's like buying a new car and trading it in when it's time for an oil change.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I take it out of the box, throw the game in the trash and keep the pristine box in my pinball box collection. Cardboard boxes are darn great to collect, doesn't weight that much either!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I would be more worried about injuring your wrists/hands than the game being abused. I guess if your not nudging or slap saving frequently then no risk there but I can't have a decent game on AIQ without doing so.

Man this is no joke, I've damn near put my shoulders out from slap saving recently.

#19 3 years ago

I think I torn a ligament in my elbow when I tried to slide save an Alien at a show. That cabinet is a beast!

#20 3 years ago

If your worried about excessive play buy another game. Easiest fix

3 weeks later
    #21 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

You will put thousands of plays on it and that will still pale in comparison to well routed game. Keep pf clean, replace balls as needed, and fix anything that breaks and enjoy.

For comparison, the operator I work with leaves his games on usually 24/7/365 and has NEVER changed the batteries. The No Fear I was just working on had Duracell’s that were dated 2005 and that’s usually their “10 year guarantee” date.
    The game has been on so long those 25 year old batteries were still good and fully charged. It had about 300,000 plays on it. Never been shopped or had anything changed every.

It plays like shit obviously, but the fact that everything but the skull works as it should is a testament to how rock solid Williams games are. Needs a flipper rebuild badly, but it still was hobbling on.

#22 2 years ago

600 plays is where the game will just fall apart & melt. Savor those last few plays!

2 weeks later
    #23 2 years ago

The machine is built to handle kicks from the angriest player. Just keep playing until it is a pile of dust!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/excessive-plays?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.