• Latest reply 9 months ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

(resized).png

#1 10 months ago

Just got an Excalibur and the pop bumper doesn’t work.

It has the separate pop bumper board like most gtbs.

I have swapped in another board, but still doesn’t work. I’m not entirely sure the other pop bumper board works though.

Can you help me figure out if it’s the board?

I have verified there is power at the coil.

The switch has continuity.

The switch doesn’t register in test, but I’m not sure that switch is part of the switch test.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

Erik

#2 10 months ago

Are you getting good 5v and GND at the board?

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Are you getting good 5v and GND at the board?

That's what I thought when I read the post, especially if he's switched the board and it didn't fix the problem. It's either that or something related to the coil (The coil itself or the plunger).

#4 10 months ago

You need good +5 volts and ground at the connector on the pop bumper driver board. Sometimes the connector header pins develop bad solder joints.

#5 10 months ago

One I worked on, the GND (far right) pin on the pop bumper board connector was measuring 1.2 volts to cabinet ground. Fixed a broken wire going to the reset board and that brought the GND pin down to reading zero volts. This may not be the only possibity though. (resized).png

#6 10 months ago

Thanks for the ideas guys. I’ll check on all this stuff and report back.

1 week later
#7 9 months ago

Sent the mpu and driver out for bulletproofing so I can completely rule those out of the equation. I’ll look at it again once those come back and I can repin some connectors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
$ 22.95
Electronics
Pinballrom
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!