(Topic ID: 358061)

Excalibur: Flippers stopped working

By Morning-Zombie

27 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 27 days ago

Im in a deep need of a pdf manual for excalibur(gottlieb).
The flippers suddenly stopped working. I cant find any obvious wrong with them...
I recently changed the mpu for a lisy. And the flippers worked fine. But then I came up with the bright idea of cleaning the playfield and changing the rubbers. After that the flippers wont work.
All fuses are good.
I changed back to my old mpu that is a little unstable. But no change..
If anyone got a pdf manual. It would be nice if you could email me it...

#2 27 days ago
Quoted from Morning-Zombie:

Im in a deep need of a pdf manual for excalibur(gottlieb).
The flippers suddenly stopped working. I cant find any obvious wrong with them...
I recently changed the mpu for a lisy. And the flippers worked fine. But then I came up with the bright idea of cleaning the playfield and changing the rubbers. After that the flippers wont work.
All fuses are good.
I changed back to my old mpu that is a little unstable. But no change..
If anyone got a pdf manual. It would be nice if you could email me it...

Check the +24v switched fuse (F8, usually 8 amp slow blow for System 80B games) and the 'Q' (game over) relay.

Clive

#3 25 days ago

Where is F8? I have a +24v on F4 (8amp) in the bottom of cabinet. And that fuse is good.
Where is Q? There are 3 relays under the playfield. No names on them.. The switches look okay when I move them

#4 25 days ago

Just to clarify... The game boot and plays.
But all 4 flippers are dead.

#5 25 days ago
Quoted from Morning-Zombie:

Just to clarify... The game boot and plays.
But all 4 flippers are dead.

My bad, the switched 24 volts in Excalibur is indeed F4. I'm not sure which relay is the 'Q' relay in the bank, follow the orange/gray/gray wire from the flippers to the relay bank. The 'Q' relay is driven by lamp 0 (Q1 transistor) on the driver board.

Are the kicking targets working? If they are, you must have a lose +24v switched wire, if not, the 'Q' relay is not being enabled or you have a bad flipper ground. Try reseating (with the power off) the CPU <> Driver board interconnect cable.

Clive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.