By CoreyStup

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoreyStup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

After December 31, 2014, my "Ewe22" replacement security chips for WPC-S and WPC-95 machines will no longer be available for sale. After Williams closed, in 2001 I started selling the Ewe22 to fulfill the needs of operators and collectors from all over the world. It's been a great run but it's time to move on to other projects and endeavors. At some point (likely soon), the blanks from Microchip will be no longer available, and it's not really worth investing in a rewrite on a different platform. BAA/PPS got the original code from WMS and have been selling the barcode-label originals as well (search for "security chip" on BAA's website.)

Orders for chips at $29/each will be fulfilled until 12/31, or until my stocks are depleted. I'll still be in the hobby and available for warranty support after that time.

Thanks to everyone that has purchased a Ewe22!

-- Corey Stup
-- Shifted Bit Systems
-- http://www.shiftedbits.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoreyStup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ewe22-wpc-s95-security-chips-ending-production-in-2014?tu=CoreyStup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.