6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

It was my first Pinburg and I loved everything about it. The format, the players. Just so much fun! The problem I have is I got to win some money but they apparently setup an account for everyone with eWallet, deposit your winnings and you have to compete the registration with eWallet. I don't like giving info to a third party and paying (a rather small) fee to get your money. The info you have to give the third party includes name, address, email, bank info (if you choose a transfer) and social security number. Also, no where before or during the event did they inform anyone that this was the new system. I hope this isn't the norm for pinball tournaments. Thoughts? Should I give up getting the money to save my social security number for myself?

#2 6 years ago

They likely need your ssn for tax purposes. That said, i don't agree with having to sign up for any third party account. Pretty shady.

Granted, i did not win any money so no issue for me.

#3 6 years ago

If you have to pay a fee to get your winnings then you didn't win the fee and their advertised payout may have been misleading.

Not cool at all.

The official rules stipulate winnings are paid by check only. http://papa.org/competitions/pinburgh-match-play-championship/
    All prizes will be paid by check, and appropriate IRS regulations for tax reporting will be followed. We will provide the appropriate forms for non-U.S. Citizens. Checks will be mailed within 60 days of the completion of competition. All winners must completely fill out a W-9 form prior to receiving their check.

#4 6 years ago

Yeah, that was a bit weird. My first pinburgh too so I just went with it, maybe you could just get a check mailed to you if you asked? That monthly fee thing was also weird. Like Whysnow said though, in the past they apparently needed you to fill out tax forms so they probably needed the same information. Whether you trust replay or a company with your info more is another question...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ewallet-payout-at-pinburg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.