(Topic ID: 169967)

Evolution, proved. (Also, the world's most expensive cat stairs)

By goingincirclez

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mbaumle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picard-facepalm (resized).jpg
    facepalm (resized).png
    Satellite (resized).jpg
    2j6go.gif
    Pinvolution (resized).jpg
    CatStairs (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

So in late August we finally (arrgh what an ordeal!) closed on a new (to us) home, and I've been wholly pre-occupied since with cleaning and prepping and piecemeal moving, one day and load at a time. (Fulltime jobs, two kids in school, etc etc... I should have just burned everything but I digress).

Anyway, the pins happened to be among the first "big" things to move just for logistics' sake. So staging them in the new arcade room, I arranged them by year. No tweaking or adjustments: they're not even plugged in, and the legs are still configured for the variously unlevel locations in which they were scattered about the old place.

But still! I wasn't expecting this kind of evolutionary history lesson: from 76 - 80 - 84 - 88 - 90, we have:

Pinvolution (resized).jpgPinvolution (resized).jpg

And even funnier to me, a perfect stair step arrangement:

CatStairs (resized).jpgCatStairs (resized).jpg

Those stairs will be even more awesome once the Dalek takes his regal throne at the top when I finally get Dr. Who moved over.

Maybe I'm easily amused, but in fairness I'm just about punch drunk knocked out from all this moving in the past 5 weeks. And also I should also mention: we closed on the house on Aug 19. On Aug 23 I drove to Cincinnati to get that Old Chicago after winning it in an online estate auction. It was the first thing I put in the new house. Priorities, I has them

#2 7 years ago

The lineup needs a tiny woodrail to the far left.

#3 7 years ago

That really would be something, wouldn't it? I've been hoping to see a servicable GTB woodrail turn up nearby...

Then I'd need a modern Stern to punctuate the other end...

#4 7 years ago

Whatever you do, don't buy a Whoa Nellie.

2j6go.gif2j6go.gif

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

That really would be something, wouldn't it? I've been hoping to see a servicable GTB woodrail turn up nearby...
    Then I'd need a modern Stern to punctuate the other end...

Where's Pin*Bot... and I seem to recall your kiddos liked GB...so there's your new Stern for the far end!!
    BWHAHAHAH!!

Phoebe

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

The lineup needs a tiny woodrail to the far left.

It's not tiny, but this one would probably do.

Satellite (resized).jpgSatellite (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Where's Pin*Bot...

Actually he was the first one to move from the old place! We've been so tied up in this "pending / closing / moving" deal that I never fully tore into him, but he's safely in the new soon-to-be workshop. Previous to the move I identified a few issues, and obtained some unfaded replacement plastics, so I'm looking forward to the fall/winter project. I might have to deliberately put 'im on stub stilts to kep my staircase going tho

and I seem to recall your kiddos liked GB...so there's your new Stern for the far end!!
    BWHAHAHAH!!

Exactly, if this "move" thing doesn't kill us all first!

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

this one would probably do

Whoa that thing is gorgeous! I love the colors and art, even if that looks more like a rocket to me Oddly enough I didn't realize woodrails were still being made in the post-Sputnik era But yeah, that one would do...

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Whoa that thing is gorgeous, I love the colors and art, even if that looks more like a rocket to me Oddly enough I didn't realize woodrails were still being made in the post-Sputnik era But yeah, that one would do...

That is actually a Sputnik themed pinball machine with monkeys that light up in the capsules. The satellites are those small capsules circling the Earth. Not sure if that is historically correct, but I am open to offers on it.

#10 7 years ago

O-din, is that game from your personal lineup? Great looking example. I've always taken a liking to those Space Age era EMs.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

O-din, is that game from your personal lineup? Great looking example. I've always taken a liking to those Space Age era EMs.

Yes it is. But space, being the final frontier means I can't keep them all.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But space, being the final frontier

facepalm (resized).pngfacepalm (resized).png

Quoted from o-din:

means I can't keep them all.

picard-facepalm (resized).jpgpicard-facepalm (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evolution-proved-also-the-worlds-most-expensive-cat-stairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.