Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LEE400
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LEE400.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am just curious as to what you think may be the next big discovery in pinball. We have gone from backlit scoring to reels to LED number displays to DMDs to the LCD screen on the WOZ. We have gone from wood rails to wedge heads, from relays to circuit boards. We had the Pinball 2000, but what do you think the next big "change" will be, is there anything left?

What are your thoughts?

#3 10 years ago

Now this looks very interesting, I am going to investigate this. Thank you!!

#9 10 years ago

In this day and age where everything is smaller and electronic, I am hoping Pinball will become that cool item that makes a huge comeback where people will again realize that was big, bulky and fun because it is physical and not computer generated. Not that Pinball ever really left, but just seems it kind of went by way of the land line and record player because other stuff came along. Now vinyl records are coming back because that sound is unique and some would argue better than digital, just as movies shot of film have a dimension that just can't be duplicated with digital cameras. While all these have their place, sometimes just good old wood and steel balls can't be replaced... I hope...

#12 10 years ago

I couldn't agree more and am not or would not imply that pinball became uncool or stale, at least as far as I am concerned. I have always liked all stages of pinball, they have kept me happy and entertained without complaint. But they did seem to fall out of favor with the public at large for a fair amount of time.

It is just like everything else I would say, there is a cycle and I truly hope that this is coming into full swing again. While I am perfectly happy with pinball the way I have always known it through the generations, I really don't think it need to reinvent itself.

That being said, I am really glad to learn about this P3 as I am intrigued by it and am excited to see how this unfolds.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LEE400.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evolution-of-pinball?tu=LEE400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.