20200707_161732 (resized).jpg
IMG_4664 (resized).jpg
IMG_4663 (resized).jpg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpg
IMG_4660 (resized).jpg
IMG_4659 (resized).jpg
IMG_4658 (resized).jpg
IMG_4657 (resized).jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

I have a '77 Bally Evil Knievel EM Pinball machine (IPD No. 793) and am thinking of selling it. I have had it since the mid-80s and have always kept it in good working order. There are a few dings on the cabinet corners after many moves, but the playing fields, glass, art, etc all look good. I have seen several digital versions around for sale, but since there were only 155 of the EMs, I can't find comparable sales.
Any ideas on what the EM version is worth?

#2 3 years ago

With a EM Evil Knievel you can pretty much name your price. Quick sale 3500 or hold out for a die hard that can’t live without .. then 5000 plus

Mike V

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

With a EM Evil Knievel you can pretty much name your price. Quick sale 3500 or hold out for a die hard that can’t life without .. then 5000 plus
Mike V

maybe even $10K

#4 3 years ago

It's a name your price game. Of course location matters and yours is "unknown". If you're in N America you'll get more since many collectors are here. Shipping from overseas now with C-19 complicates things.

#5 3 years ago

Might be an EBay choice, as that might get the best price.

#6 3 years ago

Most of us here would tell you it’s worth only $500 and offer you $600 to be nice and take it off your hands.

Seriously though, can you upload a few pics? Would like to see that playfield.

#7 3 years ago

Location will have A LOT to do with it when you have to consider oversea's shipping and sending money off to a place that you can't easily get it back if things go wrong.......
Me personally I've only seen my own and one other one in person in all the 24 years of collecting. It's almost a big of a unicorn as the EM. Charlies Angels.

John

#8 3 years ago

Condition of machine is going to be important as it will determine what a reasonable price is.
Explore all options and offers. This machine sells for good money.
-Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=2204

#9 3 years ago

Evil < Evel

#10 3 years ago

Yes. Oops. Typing too fast

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

It's a name your price game. Of course location matters and yours is "unknown". If you're in N America you'll get more since many collectors are here. Shipping from overseas now with C-19 complicates things.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Most of us here would tell you it’s worth only $500 and offer you $600 to be nice and take it off your hands.
Seriously though, can you upload a few pics? Would like to see that playfield.

I will get some pictures posted.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

maybe even $10K

10k plus for sure!

#14 3 years ago

In described condition..... $7000-$9000 IMO. Any serious collector here in the States will not care where it is at & if they can afford to buy that machine, will pay to have it shipped. Rarely come up for sale, grail machine for certain collectors.

#15 3 years ago

Yes, would be great to see some pictures!

#16 3 years ago

What’s the story on why both versions exist?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I had heard in the past, that some operators wanted mechanical games, not the fancy new digital ones they didn’t understand. But looking at the flyer, it says Bally compared EM and digital games side by side to see what earned better...
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4499&picno=4196&zoom=1

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

With a EM Evil Knievel you can pretty much name your price. Quick sale 3500 or hold out for a die hard that can’t live without .. then 5000 plus
Mike V

Much more than that I’d guess

Rip inbox

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

It was a transition time. And they had parts to use up. Many operators in faraway lands were the last to make digital transition, and maybe rare Late ems ended up overseas.

As this was happening, it went from mostly even (like night rider) to dwindling EM.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was a transition time. And they had parts to use up. Many operators in faraway lands were the last to make digital transition, and maybe rare Late ems ended up overseas.
As this was happening, it went from mostly even (like night rider) to dwindling EM.

And then there was Gottlieb that was a serious holdout, making Hit the deck and Neptune with neon colored reels. Gottlieb had at least 1 cross over game, SpaceWalk EM, Count Down SS

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is from the IPDB in regards to Close Encounters of the Third Kind which also came in EM and solid state.
The EM machine was also produced in really small numbers and the majority of them went overseas.

C0125F6D-C8EB-429B-BEEC-F9BD58873AA2 (resized).jpegC0125F6D-C8EB-429B-BEEC-F9BD58873AA2 (resized).jpeg3FCEA40B-FB10-44B5-A544-98F31A4FA713 (resized).jpeg3FCEA40B-FB10-44B5-A544-98F31A4FA713 (resized).jpeg
#22 3 years ago
Quoted from ethnkr:

I have a '77 Bally Evil Knievel EM Pinball machine (IPD No. 793) and am thinking of selling it. I have had it since the mid-80s and have always kept it in good working order. There are a few dings on the cabinet corners after many moves, but the playing fields, glass, art, etc all look good. I have seen several digital versions around for sale, but since there were only 155 of the EMs, I can't find comparable sales.
Any ideas on what the EM version is worth?

Here are some photos...

One note about the vertical spinners. I got this machine from a Harley Davidson dealership in the early 80s when they had a bankruptcy, closed dealerships and sold everything in them. That dealership put Harley Davidson stickers onto those spinners. I have never tried to remove them.

Also, I have the original electrical diagrams.

IMG_4657 (resized).jpgIMG_4657 (resized).jpgIMG_4660 (resized).jpgIMG_4660 (resized).jpgIMG_4661 (resized).jpgIMG_4661 (resized).jpgIMG_4658 (resized).jpgIMG_4658 (resized).jpgIMG_4663 (resized).jpgIMG_4663 (resized).jpgIMG_4664 (resized).jpgIMG_4664 (resized).jpgIMG_4659 (resized).jpgIMG_4659 (resized).jpg
#23 3 years ago

I’ll guess $9k but I could be off.

Either way congrats. That’s a holy grail for EM guys. I love it, which I stumbled upon one.

What’d you pay for back it in the day? 500 bucks?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll guess $9k but I could be off.
Either way congrats. That’s a holy grail for EM guys. I love it, which I stumbled upon one.
What’d you pay for back it in the day? 500 bucks?

Yep. Exactly. $500. Seemed like a lot to me at the time!

#25 3 years ago

Love EK- first pin I ever bought (SS version). Playfield looks like its in good shape!

#26 3 years ago

If you are "serious" about selling it I would tell people to make you a "serious offer" and best offer by ??/??/2020 will own it. I would also include "if you are the highest offer you have 14 days to get it picked up or I'll move on to the next highest offer". To me that is being fair to everyone - fair to you because you have a chance to see where market actually is on the machine and fair to buyers because they can offer what they think it is worth (or what it is worth to them).

I don't know what to think as far as actual value but my best guess would be in the $7500 to $9000 range depending on how bad someone wants one at that point in time.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

If you are "serious" about selling it I would tell people to make you a "serious offer" and best offer by ??/??/2020 will own it. I would also include "if you are the highest offer you have 14 days to get it picked up or I'll move on to the next highest offer". To me that is being fair to everyone - fair to you because you have a chance to see where market actually is on the machine and fair to buyers because they can offer what they think it is worth (or what it is worth to them).
I don't know what to think as far as actual value but my best guess would be in the $7500 to $9000 range depending on how bad someone wants one at that point in time.

Thanks for the advice.

#28 3 years ago

I’d buy it and send it straight to HEP.

I wouldn’t go full blown restoration, because I’d like to keep some of the patina.

#29 3 years ago

That backglass looks like an almost perfect 10! EM EK with perfect, original backglass. 10k+

#30 3 years ago

Wow what a cool game and great story to go with it. Thanks for coming here to post about it!

Remember...the pathways to $10k are many! The pathways to an EM EK are few!

#31 3 years ago

This machine is a unicorn and I think you nailed the price range for it. Now it's just a matter or who is gonna come up with the money to call it theirs.
-Mike

#32 3 years ago

The last one I saw on Mr. Pinball 1 to 2 years ago was listed for $5,500 i believe. It was from Texas. I've seen a lot of people say 10K+, but I'm curious if anyone them would actually pay 10k+.

Personally, i wouldn't pay that much. I've played the SS version and other than the theme I wasn't a fan. It's a great looking game, but just not for me and what I like.

I would enjoy seeing it up for auction on eBay. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

#33 3 years ago

About two months ago I went through and evaluated all my games as to what I think they would go for in todays market in a REAL world setting and not some sorta fantasy Ebay asking pricing land. Based on the rarity, condition and the type of collectors out there today I put a value of $12K on mine.

John

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

About two months ago I went through and evaluated all my games as to what I think they would go for in todays market in a REAL world setting and not some sorta fantasy Ebay asking pricing land. Based on the rarity, condition and the type of collectors out there today I put a value of $12K on mine.
John

What is the condition of your ek?

#35 3 years ago

Slightly off topic...If it was Bally Mata Hari EM or Bally Evel Knievel EM . Which would have the higher price.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Slightly off topic...If it was Bally Mata Hari EM or Bally Evel Knievel EM . Which would have the higher price.

Bally Mata Hari EM are for sale now and again, and quite a few people here own them. 2-4k depending on condition

Bally Evel Knievel EM almost never for sale, and maybe 2 own them here. 5-10k depending on condition

just my observations over the last 25 years

#37 3 years ago

It’s worth what someone will pay him. It is a very sought after machine. At the end of the day it’s just a pinball machine that’s fun to play but not a super great player in my estimation. I made him an offer and haven’t heard back. I have a NOS playfield for this game if anyone is interested and I don’t get this one.

#38 3 years ago

20k by Christmas.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from zydeco-bluesmobi:

I have a NOS playfield for this game if anyone is interested and I don’t get this one.

NOS for an EM E.K. I'll shoot you a PM..

#40 3 years ago

Is the playfield for an EM EK different from a SS EK?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

They are both the same.

#42 3 years ago

Since you guys are evaluating rare em's could I derail the thread for a second and ask what you think the current value of an EM Joker Poker would be. Playfield has arch wear and a couple of inserts are just starting to wear at the top of the keylines. Previous owner painted white latex paint over the front frame of the head. I was able to remove it to reveal the original color with the grey speckles on the top and 2 side pieces but the bottom piece never had its marquee painted underneath the latex?20200707_161732 (resized).jpg20200707_161732 (resized).jpg20200706_134539 (resized).jpg20200706_134539 (resized).jpg20200706_134521 (resized).jpg20200706_134521 (resized).jpg20200706_134524 (resized).jpg20200706_134524 (resized).jpg20200706_134529 (resized).jpg20200706_134529 (resized).jpg20200723_103401 (resized).jpg20200723_103401 (resized).jpg

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Under the top tray, mine indicates that it's an EM

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Since you guys are evaluating rare em's could I derail the thread for a second and ask what you think the current value of an EM Joker Poker would be. Playfield has arch wear and a couple of inserts are just starting to wear at the top of the keylines. Previous owner painted white latex paint over the front frame of the head. I was able to remove it to reveal the original color with the grey speckles on the top and 2 side pieces but the bottom piece never had its marquee painted underneath the latex?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why not just start your own thread? People will not see your post unless they are looking at the EK EM post by asking here.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

mine indicates that it's an EM

Yeah, if it’s dimpled underneath for all the relay banks and other differences, the dimples would be way different, and a lot more. Top side is identical afaik.

#46 3 years ago

Why not just start your own thread? People will not see your post unless they are looking at the EK EM post by asking here.

Yeah you're right Skip that would have been the smart thing to do. I'll take your advice, thanks.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Yeah, if it’s dimpled underneath for all the relay banks and other differences, the dimples would be way different, and a lot more. Top side is identical afaik.

Yup. The EM playfield isn't great at all, so I think I'll have to adapt the components to the digital
playfiled I have, but another EM playfield of course would be ideal..

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What is the condition of your ek?

It's better then the one above, nothing against the OP but I'm just saying since this guy asked and my "appraisal" was from two months ago which was long before this topic was posted so the $12K amount that I felt mine was worth had absolutely nothing to do with the OP's but I feel were both in the correct ball park based on each of our games condition.

John

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

EK for sure. I've seen probably 12-15 MH em's for every one EK em. I have a MH em as well, that I valued at $3000 two months ago.

John

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

On a Bally game it doesn't matter, Bally was smart and used the same playfield layout/art for either version. Other then a few extra dimples on the underside for stepper units it's exactly the same. Now Gottlieb on the other hand, they were not smart in there thinking. The Charlies Angels for instance has a huge difference in the artwork, one of the biggest is the bonus multiplier that only goes to 3x on the em version and up to 5x on the ss version. So the playfields are not interchangeable between ss and em. I have a NOS playfield installed in my em CA, which was another unicorn in itself.
John

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colleyville, TX
$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evil-knievel-em-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.