Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

il_570xN.1384201013_kbu2[1] (resized).jpg
    ash_art (resized).jpg
    AADBF8D3-6E95-4FF7-933D-32236FE03D70 (resized).png
    90C8FE2C-4A54-409E-997D-D56897F35B39 (resized).jpeg
    35FD1696-E660-4E53-9627-A0E135335119 (resized).jpeg
    giphy-6.gif
    BC9711C1-A3A8-4EA6-85A0-E27D3A3D24B6 (resized).png
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3559309/bruce-campbell-just-dropped-mysterious-september-tease-twitter-start-speculating/

https://movieweb.com/evil-dead-bruce-campbell-ash-announcement-september/

I know nothing but I am just looking at the clues, the timing matches up right the article is interesting and could be a proper release time for Chicago expo and Pinball Life party as a debut.

Epic license, epic Bruce Campbell humor.
    Hope it gets the proper mass release it deserves. “GROOVY”

BC9711C1-A3A8-4EA6-85A0-E27D3A3D24B6 (resized).pngBC9711C1-A3A8-4EA6-85A0-E27D3A3D24B6 (resized).png
    #2 4 years ago

benheck was supposedly working on this title at spooky before he left. It never came to fruition due to additional licensing cost? I heard him speak about this on a podcast a few months ago. Perhaps reach out to him for more details.

#3 4 years ago

One of my few dream themes

Love to see it happen

#4 4 years ago

I don't think it will happen but it would be a cool license.

#7 4 years ago

This would be a really good theme for Spooky.
    My wife would basically force me to buy this.

#8 4 years ago

This would be right up Spooky's alley. Perhaps Scott Danesi's Haunted House party is actually Bruce Campbell's Evil Dead Party?? One can hope...

#9 4 years ago

Good God don't tease me with this. I'm tired of buy NIB... if this had Bruce Campbell callouts and the right graphics package it would be a 0-day purchase.
    It'd rather it be movie focused (all 3) rather than the Ash vs Evil Dead show focused if they were going to do it though.

#10 4 years ago

All I need to know is... Where do I sign up?! I also remember Ben mentioning that this was to be his next game at Spooky, but the licensing costs exceeded their budget. Theres a lot of opportunity for a great theme integration here. A cellar trap door is a must! Fingers crossed on this idea being ressurected.

#11 4 years ago

I am in 100%

#12 4 years ago

the Chin for the Win!

#13 4 years ago

Likely the only theme in existence where I would be hooked before ever playing. Grail theme for me.

#14 4 years ago

Grail pin for me too. I would really be happy with just Evil Dead II. Or even an original horror theme with Bruce Campbell doing the call outs and being the central character if the film rights are too much.

#15 4 years ago

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to design an Evil Dead game it would have:

1) Deadite toys that springs out of a grave Sam Raimi style and has limbs and head you can blow off (they hide behind body) Oh and a little hidden fan to blow the hair around for no reason, again like a Raimi film.
    2) Deep satisfying shot at the back with a mechanized trap door leading to a lower PF basement. Combo loops in basement to rev up chainsaw jackpot which you collect on main PF during MB. Trap door could sync to speech to taunt you during play.
    3) "Broken Bridge Jump" shooter lane habitrail, with the ability to use the gap to load a ball back into shooter lane for Double Barrel Ball Launch.
    4) A Newton ball lock so you hit the shot to release for quick 2 ball MB (friend capture MB save me Ash!)
    5) Small tape recorder toy near flippers that rotates reels and lights up when mode prompts are being spoken to give you a visual clue to listen up.
    6) A scoop eject that's positioned better than the one in AMH.

Yup, would have been cool all right.

#16 4 years ago

My other half would sell her eggs to Kim Jong Un if it meant having an Evil Dead pin.

#17 4 years ago

“Hey. She bitch. Let’s dance.”
    Insta-buy

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

2) Deep satisfying shot at the back with a mechanized trap door leading to a lower PF basement. Combo loops in basement to rev up chainsaw jackpot which you collect on main PF during MB. Trap door could sync to speech to taunt you during play.
    3) "Broken Bridge Jump" shooter lane habitrail, with the ability to use the gap to load a ball back into shooter lane for Double Barrel Ball Launch.

Wow. I can picture all this a little too easily. And "double barrel ball launch" is easily the best thing I'm going to read today...

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yup, would have been cool all right.

The man ain't wrong... not even a little. If said thing was ever going to happen that is, which we can't confirm or deny.

Side note: licensing is HARD.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The man ain't wrong... not even a little. If said thing was ever going to happen that is, which we can't confirm or deny.
    Side note: licensing is HARD.

You need to work EXPENSIVE in to that, like HARDSPENSIVE or something.

#22 4 years ago

Sweet. I can use my Evil Dead II pen to write the check! I hope this turns out to be true!

#23 4 years ago

make it happen boys. we will pay.

#24 4 years ago

It could use the music from Evil Dead the Musical! "What the F@#K Was That" Multiball!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

this sounds really Fing cool!

Would need a sawed off shotgun ball launcher!

#26 4 years ago

sure, I wouldn't mind one. Most of my horror collection is evil dead.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

this sounds really Fing cool!
    Would need a sawed off shotgun ball launcher!

I'm torn between this, or a chainsaw launcher handle....

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

It would be cool to somehow do the ball launch from a spring loaded charge handle on a semi auto, that way you don't lose the option for an actual skill shot. Electronic ball launches drive me nuts.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah. Boomstick version or chainsaw version.

Henrietta trap door like the trolls in MM.

Delta 88 has to be in there somehow.

#30 4 years ago

I would buy

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

Yeah. Boomstick LE or chainsaw LE.

How about no F-in LEs or CEs or VEs or Premiums or other labeled crap to boost the price with little more in it.

I like that Spooky is not heading down the "limited" road and hope they never do again and pack every game with every feature.

Aesthetic add-ons for additional costs like trim and pretty lights I can deal with.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It would be cool to somehow do the ball launch from a spring loaded charge handle on a semi auto, that way you don't lose the option for an actual skill shot. Electronic ball launches drive me nuts.

T2 seemed to do a decent job with this, a rare exception.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Why not both? Like the gun and rose on GnR?

Plunger launch with the pull start on the chain saw, and trigger launch with the shotgun.

#34 4 years ago

I would fucking buy this so quick it would make your head spin...

Make it happen spooky.

#35 4 years ago

Im a big fan of Evil Dead and Pinball..so a win/win I'm in for me! I hope it comes to fruition.

#36 4 years ago

C'mon guys, we all know Haunted House Party is next!

#37 4 years ago

Why even license it? Just get Campbell to do the voice and theme it as a zombie pinball....the glue is really Bruce himself. Just like Gottlieb and Data East, Hollywood Heat, Time Machine, Deadly Weapon etc...etc.....

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Why even license it? Just get Campbell to do the voice and theme it as a zombie pinball....the glue is really Bruce himself. Just like Gottlieb and Data East, Hollywood Heat, Time Machine, Deadly Weapon etc...etc.....

Yea this. Bruce is a whore and will do it if he gets paid. Just do a non license, Bruce vs evil pin! Fuck yea!

#39 4 years ago

Imagine Christopher Franchi doing art package on this game, would be fu**ing epic !

90C8FE2C-4A54-409E-997D-D56897F35B39 (resized).jpeg90C8FE2C-4A54-409E-997D-D56897F35B39 (resized).jpeg35FD1696-E660-4E53-9627-A0E135335119 (resized).jpeg35FD1696-E660-4E53-9627-A0E135335119 (resized).jpegAADBF8D3-6E95-4FF7-933D-32236FE03D70 (resized).pngAADBF8D3-6E95-4FF7-933D-32236FE03D70 (resized).png
    #40 4 years ago

Oh that would look awesome. I had, Um, hypothetically hoped for an 80s VHS box art style look so yeah that's be perfect.

Also a shotgun grip and chainsaw handle you could grab both to control a first person slice and dice video mode.

#41 4 years ago

Evil Dead is without question a great horror license for a pin. It’s got lots to work with. If done right it would be a must own for me. Would have to include real call outs from Bruce of course. And for once I can see the potential for adding video from the films that makes sense. When you drain it can play a kill scene where Ash turns into a demon or someone else gets killed. When you kill a demon it should play video of Ash killing a demon. This has so much potential to really immerse yourself into the theme and gameplay if integrated well. It’s campy, got humor, sexual innuendos, etc. And this is one theme that would sell to non pinheads....there are horror buffs/collectors who would certainly be interested in this as well.

And yes there should be ONE model.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

It could use the music from Evil Dead the Musical! "What the F@#K Was That" Multiball!

Did you just say "What the F@#k Was That?"

Holy S@#T! That was the best F'n show I have seen in my life.

That engineer/set designer/actor knocked the theme out of the park.

Saw it in Montreal in 2004 before it became a hit.

Go Canada Go!

Coo ooo coo coo ooo ooo coo coo!

(might have had a beer or two tonight, eh ...)

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMIX:

Did you just say "What the F@#k Was That?"
    Holy S@#T! That was the best F'n show I have seen in my life.
    That engineer/set designer/actor knocked the theme out of the park.
    Saw it in Montreal in 2004 before it became a hit.
    Go Canada Go!
    Coo ooo coo coo ooo ooo coo coo!
    (might have had a beer or two tonight, eh ...)

I saw it day two at the transac club in Toronto, the day after the blackout. Tom Sullivan signed my poster... “Lick the Blood off my shovel” best musical I’ve ever seen!

#45 4 years ago

Visit Bruce up at The Pabst.

https://pabsttheater.org/event/brucecampbell2019/

ash_art (resized).jpgash_art (resized).jpg
    #46 4 years ago

Do you happen to know if there's a full list somewhere? I don't see it on his site or fb. Only shows I found were this one, Austin, and San Antonio. I assume this is to promote his new book, so there should be more than those 3. Unfortunately we already have plans to see Bert Kreischer for this show.

#47 4 years ago

This would go next to my MBle and TWD. I loved Evil Dead II. Army of Darkness was a bit too silly IMO, with some pretty bad effects. Ash vs Evil Dead was for me, the best of it all and I would prefer the pin based on that with some flashback aspects as well. However they approach it this would be a first spooky pin for me.

#48 4 years ago

The playfield could have the basement door that rattles up and down to mess with the balls trajectory, Dead by dawn multiball, "Swallow your soul" gobble hole, and an LCD Necronomicon book like the hobbit.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

The playfield could have the basement door that rattles up and down to mess with the balls trajectory, Dead by dawn multiball, "Swallow your soul" gobble hole, and an LCD Necronomicon book like the hobbit.

Your speaking to my soul sir!

Spooky take my money and make this please!!!!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to design an Evil Dead game it would have:
    5) Small tape recorder toy near flippers that rotates reels and lights up when mode prompts are being spoken to give you a visual clue to listen up.

Having Professor Knowby as a narrator would work very well. He could introduce various chapters guiding you though the Necronomicon.

Quoted from Pinstein:

I loved Evil Dead II. Army of Darkness was a bit too silly IMO, with some pretty bad effects. Ash vs Evil Dead was for me, the best of it all and I would prefer the pin based on that with some flashback aspects as well. However they approach it this would be a first spooky pin for me.

I agree. Evil Dead II redid most of the iconic moments from the first movie, plus added some of the more fun campy moments without going over the top. Those include the possessed hand and chainsaw replacement. The third movie does have some scenes that would work. The "mini-Ashes" would be a fun multiball. It also has some of the best quotes: "This is my...BOOMSTICK!", "Yo, she-bitch! Let's go!", "Shop smart, shop S-mart", "Gimme some sugar, baby.", "Honey! You got real ugly!", "You ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit, and Jack left town.", etc.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evil-dead-spooky-pinball?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.