(Topic ID: 702)

EVIL DEAD PIN PICS 2

By erak

14 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cabinet_art.jpg
    attract_mode.jpg
    playfield_2.jpg
    glossy.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

I installed most or the playfied attachments over the last couple of days, still cant play it for awhile. At least not untill the clearcoat has fully cured. Probably in a couple of weeks.
    That will give me time to do the cabinet stencils and plastics anyways. Let me know what you think.

glossy.jpgglossy.jpg // Error: Image 510 not found // playfield_2.jpgplayfield_2.jpg attract_mode.jpgattract_mode.jpg

#2 14 years ago

Man I love it, you have done a great job here for a solo project. I like how you kept it clean and somewhat simple on the art, it works to the benefit. And the wood floor (the cabin from evil dead 2?) just looks plain great. If I were talented with a brush I would make something much like this pin but I'd make it in a Left 4 Dead theme, myself being a big pc gamer for many years and that being such a great property it would translate well to a pinball machine.

Anyways, I hope you are sharing this on some other sites as well. Lots of people can paint/draw etc etc, but can they remove a pinball playfield completely and refinish the artwork and then put it all back together again? That is good work there.

*edit* just some quick comments after looking at first pic, clearcoat looks awesome! I would get new flipper bats (cheap and it deserves it) maybe even gold or silver (silver would be my vote) custom ones, would look bad ass! Also maybe consider white rubbers, they would contrast really well and look superb on that pin.

#3 14 years ago

Thanks, I wanted to keep the playfield simple because hollywood heat has lots of lights and stuff going on on the original playfield design. There are alot of raised plastics on Hollywood heat, so Im going to put lots of classic stuff from the movie on them. Hand, Deadites/ zombies, rocking chair, deer head etc. I even have a model oldsmobile detla 88 to go by the back where I'm putting the evil trees. I think its going to turn out pretty sweet.
    About the flipper bats Im thinking on the ones from Elvira that look like bones, if they fit.

#4 14 years ago

hahha please keep the pics coming as you add the plastics, it will most surely turn out pretty sweet.

#5 14 years ago

I can't wait to see it complete and maybe a posting of it playing in video.

BTW the year I was born my mother bought a 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88

It had the one problem though of wearing out the rear axle and it was not swappable with the delta 88, dynamic 88, etc etc ... I'm sure you knew that though.

I got in trouble once because she bought a junk Jetstar 88 for it's parts and I was able to get it running/hotwired and drove it on a short road trip when I was 14.

I still remember those bench front seats/metal dash and the add-on A/C under the dash that looked like a freakin' monster with the the black covered pipes going back into the firewall.

#6 14 years ago

What is that in the top right of the first picture? It looks like an arm made of rubber bands or wires, and it's playing the pin. Oh it's the wiring harness... hahah I may be too stoned today

#7 14 years ago

I was thinking of this for the cabinet art, but can't decide its between this and the actual cabin. What do you guys think?

cabinet_art.jpgcabinet_art.jpg

#8 14 years ago

erak- You have some serious talent!!!!!! A couple of us need to get together and "take one for the pinball fans". We can meet up,hold the STERN boys hostage and let you make a pin for them!!!!

They'd thank us after the fact

#9 14 years ago

When I get it done I,m going to post gameplay on youtube. Also I'm hoping to take it to the Toronto gamesroom show in May. If all goes well that is.

#10 14 years ago

SWEET MACHINE!!!! It's out of this world... Fantastic work... If you need someone to model it for you during your "special events" you got yourself one!!! ;o)

#11 14 years ago

You are master of all that is pinball!!!!!!!!!!How did you remove the old playfield art?

#12 14 years ago

Sanding, lots and lots of sanding, then some more sanding. At least it was with a palm sander. you can sand right over the light inserts, as long as you use fine sandpaper. Then when you clear coat they go right back to being clean and clear.

#13 14 years ago

Gotta have it say "Klaatu Berata Nictrmfph."

and my favorite line. "You found me beautiful once."
    "Honey, you got real ugly."

#14 14 years ago

When the ball drains I have the wav file. "you bastards, why are you torturing me like this...why?! WHY!!!!!?"

#15 14 years ago

Super nice! Great work man...love evil dead.

#16 14 years ago

Hey this is starting to look very nice. The people at Stern might see it and give you a call

#17 14 years ago

All the corporate idiots left in the US that haven't had the smarts to retire and run away are morons who just want to jump on the next trendy bandwagon or business theme/model to make points with the fool higher up than they are.

It'd be nice if talent like yours erak was still a valued commodity. Don't let it go to waste.

#18 14 years ago

Freakin awesome work man!

3 years later
    #19 10 years ago

We Want Update!!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

I was thinking of this for the cabinet art, but can't decide its between this and the actual cabin. What do you guys think?

cabinet_art.jpg 0

That machine is looking awesome!
    I would vote for the actual cabin on the cab.

#21 10 years ago

This game was completed years ago and has changed hands several times since.

#22 10 years ago

A pic would be cool.

#23 10 years ago

Man that looks awesome! Will you be selling these? Evil Dead (original one) is one of my favourite movies, I'd love to have a pin based on it.

#24 10 years ago

This thread is 3 years old guys. Here's a video:

Google is your friend.

#25 10 years ago

yes it is...therefore an update is the right thing to do will there be a sequel?

#26 10 years ago

I believe he is currently still working on an Army of Darkness machine.

#27 10 years ago

Saw the creator of this a few weeks ago.. confirmed, he's working on an Army of Darkness pin now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/evil-dead-pin-pics-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.