Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20177291_2 (resized).jpg
20210826_180816 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Just turned over my latest wedgehead add-a-ball addition Subway for the first time tonight. Haven't done that on a Subway in over 40 years. Man I felt like I was 18 again. I realize now that almost every thing I know and use to play pinball I learned playing this title for a dime a play at Beaver Vu Bowling alley back in the early 70s. Slide saves, drop catches, shake outs, skillful plunging, table awareness, setting up combo shots that scored extra balls...

I don't think Gottlieb add a balls get enough praise for being more fun than a knock fest on a replay machine, but knowing two cartons of cigarettes was the usual prize for beating high score of the week was a real motivator... back in the day.

2 balls left...

20210826_180816 (resized).jpg20210826_180816 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Subway is the first game I remember playing as a kid! At a vacation resort in Rhinelander, Wisconsin.

Great game.

And ... AAB's rule!

#3 2 years ago

I had a Crosstown. I think everybody has a limit on how much flipper gap they can deal with and it exceeded mine, plus I'm just not a born nudger. Brutal! Your photo looks a bit squished down there which makes it look not as bad I think. Even more gaping if the flippers are adjusted all the way down to the 'D Gottlieb' as in a lot of photos and as depicted on the factory post adjustment diagram. Can't remember if the game had the pins in the playfield for adjusting where the flippers are 'supposed' to be. Whoever had added a center post to this one, I would never do that but I can sympathize with the guy.

20177291_2 (resized).jpg20177291_2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Displays
Cobra Amusements
Displays
$ 18.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everything-i-ever-needed-to-know-about-pinball-came-from-playing-a-sub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.