New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 205644)

Everyone selling MB - 12 for sale - best way to buy?

By spinal

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LitzDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best way to add MB to your collection?”

• Buy original now at heavily discounted price 57 votes
    22%
  • Buy original after MBr is released at about same price as MBr (assume HUO) 16 votes
    6%
  • Buy MBr mint and new with upgrades like what AFMr had 147 votes
    56%
  • Don't like MB so not buying either way 41 votes
    16%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Way Off (resized).jpg
5801F649-791A-489F-BDB5-6E3D99035A2F (resized).jpeg
6CCF7C0E-30F1-4D14-BA37-CD06BC7476E8 (resized).png
9B883644-2F65-4D5A-8EC8-FBC6204DF648 (resized).png
IMG_9770 (resized).JPG
download (4) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Straight cash Homie!

download (4) (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago

Meanwhile Judge Dredd is now a $2800 game.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why the F would anybody EVER buy an original MB

Some people prefer the original incandescent lighting or being able to set up their own custom lighting. Some also prefer the original electronics as well. And from what I have seen, tho original play fields, if you can get a good one, will probably hold up better in the long run.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

MB is one of those games that has cute toys, nice humor, but very very very easy. The 3rd time i've ever played the game, I got to the ending, twice in the same game. I was bored already and only played it 3 times in my whole life. MB is one of those games that is great to play at someone elses house.

To be fair, we're not dealing with a bunch of great players here. It may be a perfect game for somebody with a lot of money, but not much experience playing pinball.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

2. If improved code is written for MBr (and if most of us in the community agree it is actually much better), this will provide another incentive to buy MBr above the original.

Oh yeah? I read where they were working on rewriting and updating code for existing games. But that was over three years ago...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wish-list-of-bugs-in-wmsbly-wpcwpc95-code-to-fix

Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have a AFMrLE. It looks superb. It plays not even close to the original. The flippers don't feel like WMS. The screen looks a little cartoony. I really wish I could have the best of both worlds. But I can't.

And I have to agree with this. AFMr is an amazing looking game. But once I started flipping, the only urge I had was to turn it off and walk away.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

unless your pleasure is service the remakes

I prefer servicing the originals myself. Which really isn't that big a deal. It's fun!

I guess if I couldn't service a machine I owned, I'd probably stick to digging holes in the ground and see what grows.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

This Thread really got far away from the original question the original poster asked what's the best way to buy one my answer would be ....

I'd say get pics of the shooter lanes of all twelve that are for sale and go from there.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’ll bet you do.
Glad to see you’re back on Pinside for the holidays!

Thanks man! I was lurking in and out over the last couple months but really got a lot more done not being so involved here. All it took was noticing my BSD was in serious need of shopping out, and I knew no way did I want it down for a long time. Now it's good as new!

2 weeks later
#181 2 years ago
Quoted from One_Quarter:

To answer the original question, I took this opportunity to buy pinlawyer's MB two weeks ago. If remakes draw the prices down on beautiful original playfield, modded to the max machines like that I'm all in.

At least your flippers work, right?

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from One_Quarter:

Have you read the AFMr technical thread?

Yeah man. How they managed to take a twenty some year old design and screw it up is beyond me.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I thought people were raving about the AFMr design and tech support.

They were until their flippers started blowing driver boards. And no working new toy for the holidays.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

it seems more like they rushed some software through before testing sufficiently.

But, but, but, these were supposed to have the exact same flippers as the originals!

#189 2 years ago

Yeah now they are emulating what was once a great thing.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I would not have had a chance to buy my MM original if it wasn't for the remakes. I couldn't afford a $12k-$18k game. Instead I was able to pick up a real nice one with lots of mods for $7k . I also found a nice CCC for a great price with lots of extras.(thanks Kim) The manufacturing of the remakes creates opportunity for folks to buy an original (at a good price) or remake NIB. This is a win/win in my book because I also bought an AFMr LE. This is a game that I have been pursuing for a long time but could not find an original that wasn't trashed or at a decent price. So I can't imagine anyone not approving of the Remake initiative!

I totally agree. It allows those that want a great well built classic game at a fairly reasonable price to buy one. It also takes those that would be satisfied with a new knockoff out of that market. Win win for collectors of great Williams built machines.

#206 2 years ago

I'm running crusty original boards that still work.

Edit. Oops wrong thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside