(Topic ID: 205644)

Everyone selling MB - 12 for sale - best way to buy?

By spinal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LitzDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best way to add MB to your collection?”

• Buy original now at heavily discounted price 57 votes
    22%
  • Buy original after MBr is released at about same price as MBr (assume HUO) 16 votes
    6%
  • Buy MBr mint and new with upgrades like what AFMr had 148 votes
    56%
  • Don't like MB so not buying either way 41 votes
    16%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Way Off (resized).jpg
5801F649-791A-489F-BDB5-6E3D99035A2F (resized).jpeg
6CCF7C0E-30F1-4D14-BA37-CD06BC7476E8 (resized).png
9B883644-2F65-4D5A-8EC8-FBC6204DF648 (resized).png
IMG_9770 (resized).JPG
download (4) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 6 years ago
#70 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm not sure why either company has moved to theee boards that can't be serviced.

I hate to say it, but its smart business.

#79 6 years ago

People don't consider it but selling replacement parts are a big part of a successful company such as this. There is no way they are profiting solely on machine sales.
And these are not the only companies that do this. Like it or not, its smart business.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

I bought an original AFM and don't regret it one bit.

A few months ago, I sold my Cactus Canyon to a local friend and he felt the same way. In fact, he had spoken directly with Rick at Planetary long ago and during the conversation Rick let it slip out that CC were coming. He's a happy guy today and he taught me there is definitely a market and a preference for the originals. Albeit a much smaller market obviously.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dont get me wrong, i am very happy for all the people with the money that are chomping at the bit to buy these remakes.

Then I'm certain you'll will be thrilled by this quote from Chicago Gaming posted 4 days ago.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

By February we will have completed nearly 1,500 AFMR games, and with then return back to another small run of MMR.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

As far as MB, I have an original and it is my favorite game. People say it is too easy. You know what? I had a Hobbit and the damn thing was so complicated to play, I got sick of it and sold it. I LIKE being able to look at the game, read the instruction card, and immediately understand that I have to hit a target three times, and something happens. Then do some other thing to make something else happen. Maybe I'm a mediocre player, but I've been playing pinball for over 30 years, and MB is plenty fun for me. You guys can have your "deep" games. To me, I lose interest after trying to complete a sequence 14 times to accomplish a task, and then have to go back and complete another sequence 17 more times to accomplish something else. To me, that is completely boring and I lose interest when I can't get to a certain goal without playing for 30-45 minutes straight. I'm tired of being told to watch Youtube videos to learn how to play my game. If I wanted to study that hard, I would have gone to med school! From now on, its only shallow games for me!

Well said. The only thing I can add is, its games like Monster Bash that will bring in new players including wives/girlfriends.

Someone really should begin a Shallow Players Club to help balance the, deeper is better mindset.

#147 6 years ago

On the issue of re-make quality, I will offer this half baked thought.

Three relatively new manufacturers began around the same time, give or take:

Dutch Pinball delivered 50 machines about a year ago. Several issues were quickly reported and last I heard, all were finally resolved and I haven't heard any complaints in several months.

Heighway Pinball has delivered 25 or 50(??) Alien games ...and most all have been plagued with a variety of repair and quality issues. Sounds like those issues are solvable but still...

Chicago Gaming, in contrast to these two, has put out 1000's of remakes and as far as I can tell, complaints have been relatively minor and expected.

Now maybe it's not fair to compare like this but it seems logical to me and it's a better case study than one, single machine that Hilton claims to know about.

Again, this is just a passing thought, based on questionable knowledge, so feel free to counter me.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Maybe he was mad he didn't get to do the test route option for PPS like he does with other titles?

Hilton's problem is he has an agenda and a personal bias against Rick Bartlett of Planetary Pinball. He has carried on this personal crusade for years now and is always looking for ways to attack and denigrate him or anyone connected to him. Take his opinions with a grain of salt.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure why anyone would compare a remake to anything but the original? Esp in a thread on the topic of buying a MB, either now or remkae... sounds like a diversionary tangent?
I was evaluating AFMr as a potential purchase to put on route (either it or a future remake) so I specifically wanted to look at an example of the game that is maintained by a high use location with great techs. I was scared off quickly after seeing the condition of the game (and comparing it directly to the 20 year old games in the same row). I will likely be back down there in the next month and will grab photos for you. THis is not about a single example, this is about one of the few representative examples that has gotten a reasonable amount of plays and is indicative of the future wear/ condition of many AFMr after they get a few thousand plays on them. If you want to be so obtuse as to compare to other failed companies then go right ahead, but you look silly in doing so.

My comment goes to the quality and condition delivered by these three manufactures and nothing more. I think it's a fair comparison and on topic. Interesting conversation starter if nothing else.
People are welcome to judge my comment and rebuttal as I requested they do, whether you think I'm being silly or not.

#162 6 years ago

Happy Holidays, Hilton. - Sincerely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 75.00
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everyone-selling-mb-12-for-sale-best-way-to-buy?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.