(Topic ID: 205644)

Everyone selling MB - 12 for sale - best way to buy?

By spinal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LitzDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best way to add MB to your collection?”

• Buy original now at heavily discounted price 57 votes
    22%
  • Buy original after MBr is released at about same price as MBr (assume HUO) 16 votes
    6%
  • Buy MBr mint and new with upgrades like what AFMr had 148 votes
    56%
  • Don't like MB so not buying either way 41 votes
    16%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Way Off (resized).jpg
5801F649-791A-489F-BDB5-6E3D99035A2F (resized).jpeg
6CCF7C0E-30F1-4D14-BA37-CD06BC7476E8 (resized).png
9B883644-2F65-4D5A-8EC8-FBC6204DF648 (resized).png
IMG_9770 (resized).JPG
download (4) (resized).jpg

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

Monster Bash used to come up rather infrequently as I remember it and now so many for sale!

2018 looks like it's going to be the year of the Monster Bash!

So what's the best way to buy?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

So what's the best way to buy?

Straight cash Homie!

#3 6 years ago

Id buy a beat to shit project anyday, best way to buy is to wait if you want a nice one

#4 6 years ago

Cash on the glass!

#5 6 years ago

MB is the most over rated of all the over rated/ high priced games. I suggest not buying one at all and esp not now with the pending announcement of the remake at TPF. It is like a common day Stern SW that sells on mainly theme. It is the easiest of all the classic fan layouts and once you beat it, then the game is pretty boring. Pretty to look at and monsters are cool, but what a waste of funds.

Go buy 4 good early solid states games instead. You will have more fun, more lastability, and you can rotate through 4 games without having a bunch of money ties up in a single boring deck.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

MB is the most over rated of all the over rated/ high priced games. I suggest not buying one at all and esp not now with the pending announcement of the remake at TPF. It is like a common day Stern SW that sells on mainly theme. It is the easiest of all the classic fan layouts and once you beat it, then the game is pretty boring. Pretty to look at and monsters are cool, but what a waste of funds.
Go buy 4 good early solid states games instead. You will have more fun, more lastability, and you can rotate through 4 games without having a bunch of money ties up in a single boring deck.

It's rare that I agree with Hilton. But I do here. MB is a gorgeous game. However it isn't that hard to beat it, and after you do, it falls a bit. It's an awesome game on route, or at someone else's house.

However I also think it's awesome they will make it again. Because now those people that do want to own it will be able to buy it.

And as for the OPs actual question, buy a new one. Get the warranty and all new mechs, and have at it.

#7 6 years ago

Agree with the critics. Really fun to play MB when I can but seems really simple with rules. Simple rules are not a bad thing but not for the money these things sell for. I rather have two great games or even a really amazing modern premium game like DI. I do hope they remake them since it is a cool game.

If you are a serious buyer, I would just try to work a good price if it is a seller's market. Hit them all with a low number and see if they bite. Worst case would be spending a touch more for a brand new remake.

#8 6 years ago

I think MB and AFM are equal as far as playability and difficulty to the monsters of rock/rule the universe.
Medieval is slightly harder, but really all 3 are close in all categories (edge MM for toys) IMO.
MBr should be the best quality so far, so I would wait to play the remake and decide then, by price.

#9 6 years ago

Mb may be 2019 unless another vendor is making it. Doubt if they can roll out two remakes in one year.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Straight cash Homie!

download (4) (resized).jpgdownload (4) (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agree totally here. I had a beautiful example that I got so bored with I could not even finish a 3 ball game. Would play one ball and just turn the game off. I cannot believe how hi this one is rated. But I like games no one else does so to each there own. I would wait to the new games come out and see if a deal could be found on an original.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Agree totally here. I had a beautiful example that I got so bored with I could not even finish a 3 ball game. Would play one ball and just turn the game off. I cannot believe how hi this one is rated. But I like games no one else does so to each there own. I would wait to the new games come out and see if a deal could be found on an original.

It’s great as a “pick up and play” type game, that goes well with another longer title like TZ, IJ, LOTR, TH. The theme pulled me in but the game is just fun! That said, you need diversity - totally understand those that get bored if they’re on it a lot. You have to let it breathe. It is the #1 game novice players go to in my house

#13 6 years ago

Some of these comments don't bother me I need an easier game, I'm a lousy player.

I plan to evaluate at expo next fall like I did with afm and make up my own mind. I know my tastes are different from many on this forum.

Cheers.

#14 6 years ago

I really love my MB. It’s fast, fun and easy to understand rules. Think it works great in a larger collection next to games with more depth.

#15 6 years ago

Get a remake man. 7k with a warranty. Everyone is selling because originals will drop in price by ~2k+ the minute the game is officially revealed by CGC. Unless you have 2k laying around to waste.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Mb may be 2019 unless another vendor is making it. Doubt if they can roll out two remakes in one year

Is there a theory that remake other than MB will be announced at TPF in March? I thought MBr was the likely next stop after AFMr?

#17 6 years ago

Funny how everyone thinks differently. I've had AFM, MM, MMR, TAF,... and they were all stinkers. MB is here to stay forever, it may not be the most in depth game or whatever but it's just plain fun and that's all I need.

John

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Is there a theory that remake other than MB will be announced at TPF in March? I thought MBr was the likely next stop after AFMr?

ToM will be next.

John

#19 6 years ago

Monster Bash is a novelty Game! If you want a real challenging game get something else. MB doesn't last long in a small collection. It's usually moved on within a small time frame. Novelty games are usually very attractive in appearance the game play is simple and straight forward compared to most and they have really good call outs/ toys ect... I like MB and plan on getting one if its remade. (it being my wife's favorite also helps)

#20 6 years ago

Hold out for the remake all day. Love OG games but it seems like MB has some issues with PF wear. Plus dat big screen, right??

#21 6 years ago

Meanwhile Judge Dredd is now a $2800 game.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Meanwhile Judge Dredd is now a $2800 game.

Hey, $2800 bucks, not bad.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

ToM will be next.

Is this confirmed? If so, interesting choice by PPS/CGC ...

#24 6 years ago

IMG_9770 (resized).JPGIMG_9770 (resized).JPG

#25 6 years ago

If you already have a nice playing one then keep it. Otherwise it's repro all the way. MMr was a little shaky start but AFMr was a raging success that can't be denied.

#26 6 years ago

I’m going to disagree here with what most people are saying here. It all depends on why you buy pinball machines in the first place. Aside from playing of course, I like to fix/restore machines and have them for entertaining when people come over. I think MB is a phenomenal game to have when company comes over. It presents itself extremely well and the one thing that nobody has mentioned is that the rules are very easy to pick up and understand if you’ve never played it before, which is what makes it such a crowdpleaser.

#27 6 years ago

Im sure the next remake is TOM...How do I know? Because I just bought a Mirco playfield, next gen cab decals, and tons of new parts to restore my TOM and will now probably have a game that cost almost the same price as a nice new remake with warranty...but hey...Im the guy who paid a premium for an original MM, then couldnt sell it for $7500 because everybody could buy a brand new one...

Im pretty sure if I bought a Kingpin today the remake would be announced tomorrow...

#28 6 years ago

If they do TOM next and the price is $7000 that could raise the value on some of the TOM out there now. How much are very nice condition TOMs going for now? If its close to that than mine is for sale today.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It is the #1 game novice players go to in my house

My wife and daughter love MB, clear objectives that even a novice player can walk up and have fun with the game.

“What a torso!... what’s a torso?”

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is this confirmed?

Of course not.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

ToM will be next.
John

I would prefer that but both games are on my wish list.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is this confirmed? If so, interesting choice by PPS/CGC ...

"Listen to me now and believe me later".........LOL.

John

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If they do TOM next and the price is $7000 that could raise the value on some of the TOM out there now. How much are very nice condition TOMs going for now? If its close to that than mine is for sale today.

Why would new, factory mint, $7000 TOMr's raise the price of existing TOM's?

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Wishful thinking maybe?

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Quoted from arcademojo:

Wishful thinking maybe?

Do you think it will lower the price? It is going to have some influence on the price one way or another. MM came down in value and MB will come down in value. But when a new game comes out and the price is higher than the original some people will tend to pay a little more than they would have and still be lower that the new one.

#36 6 years ago

ToM is an awesome game but I can’t help but think that Houdini is scratching that same itch for the same price - new mech designs, lcd screen.. but then again ToM is legendary...

#37 6 years ago

TOM, LW3, and WOZ are easily the three worst games I have ever owned.
MB is light years ahead of them.

#38 6 years ago

Say what you want about Monster Bash but its still one of the most popular games. I host a weekly league that gets about 30 serious pinball players and MB is one of the most played games in my collection of 25+ "A" titles of all eras. Surprisingly Robocop and Congo are right up there too.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Do you think it will lower the price? It is going to have some influence on the price one way or another. MM came down in value and MB will come down in value. But when a new game comes out and the price is higher than the original some people will tend to pay a little more than they would have and still be lower that the new one.

Just the rumor of the remake has already lowered the price on MB. They were recently pushing 9K to 10K for really nice ones. That has already came down to 7.5 to 8.5K. Lets say the MBrSE with large screen comes in at 7.5 the only original MBs that will actually "sell" for more would be a CQ mint one. Anything in lesser condition will fall in price. I know a lot of people had trouble accepting the MMR board set but the new one used in AFMR is a lot nicer. The same with the AFMR I just can't see anyone spending over 6.5k on an OG unless it's mint CQ.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just the rumor of the remake has already lowered the price on MB. They were recently pushing 9K to 10K for really nice ones. That has already came down to 7.5 to 8.5K. Lets say the MBrSE with large screen comes in at 7.5 the only original MBs that will actually "sell" for more would be a CQ mint one. Anything in lesser condition will fall in price. I know a lot of people had trouble accepting the MMR board set but the new one used in AFMR is a lot nicer. The same with the AFMR I just can't see anyone spending over 6.5k on an OG unless it's mint CQ.

Ok, let’s say 7.5k is never going to happen on a premium or SE. Yes, everything being remade will fall in price that’s currently priced over the top. The exception, =CFTBL if remade. That might go up in value due to the remake price.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is the easiest of all the classic fan layouts and once you beat it, then the game is pretty boring.

Like every other pinball machine made. I've "beaten" TWD a handful of times and keep going back to it because its a blast to play.

Based on what I've seen from AFMRLE in house I'll be all over a MB remake, especially with the "surprises" and upgrades they have coming.

There is a good reason its ranked as one of the greatest pins ever, and i never thought I'd buy an AFMRLE!

#42 6 years ago

Why the F would anybody EVER buy an original MB when you know the remake, for less $$$ in most cases, is going to BLOW IT OUT OF THE WATER.

Light show, sound, color dmd, unreal topper, etc. GAME OVER

Nobody can restore it to what they are about to do to a MB.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why the F would anybody EVER buy an original MB when you know the remake, for less $$$ in most cases, is going to BLOW IT OUT OF THE WATER.

Holy cow Iceman and I finally agree on something.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Holy cow Iceman and I finally agree on something.

Add me to that agreement list.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why the F would anybody EVER buy an original MB

Some people prefer the original incandescent lighting or being able to set up their own custom lighting. Some also prefer the original electronics as well. And from what I have seen, tho original play fields, if you can get a good one, will probably hold up better in the long run.

#46 6 years ago
#47 6 years ago

TOM really? That game has always been easy to get in good condition for a fair price. But if that is indeed the plan for March, I'm calling it now that they step it up to 2 releases a year starting in 2018. They will probably have to at some point, and I assume they are getting their line dialed in. Makes sense to crank these out as fast as they can. All speculation though.

#48 6 years ago

Also can't believe TOM. Having owned a nice example a couple of years ago, I would only consider paying half what a CGC TOM would cost now. And even then I wouldn't buy it again.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Parts.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What light show? You mean if they redo something in the code? Highly unlikely - isn’t it?

Good condition games will probably go still in the 7s - but man what a difference in price! Glad I spent my $$ on a kruzman playfield..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 75.00
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everyone-selling-mb-12-for-sale-best-way-to-buy?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.