Everyone selling MB - 12 for sale - best way to buy?

By spinal

1 month ago

Stats

• 207 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by LitzDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Way Off (resized).jpg
5801F649-791A-489F-BDB5-6E3D99035A2F (resized).jpeg
6CCF7C0E-30F1-4D14-BA37-CD06BC7476E8 (resized).png
9B883644-2F65-4D5A-8EC8-FBC6204DF648 (resized).png
IMG_9770 (resized).JPG
download (4) (resized).jpg

There are 207 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 days ago

I would not have had a chance to buy my MM original if it wasn't for the remakes. I couldn't afford a $12k-$18k game. Instead I was able to pick up a real nice one with lots of mods for $7k . I also found a nice CCC for a great price with lots of extras.(thanks Kim) The manufacturing of the remakes creates opportunity for folks to buy an original (at a good price) or remake NIB. This is a win/win in my book because I also bought an AFMr LE. This is a game that I have been pursuing for a long time but could not find an original that wasn't trashed or at a decent price. So I can't imagine anyone not approving of the Remake initiative!

#202 10 days ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Some call it the Big-6 stack. Some call it Flying 6's. When you get all Six monsters active at the same time, and the number 6's fly out of the display. I think Lyman referred to it as the "666666 Stack."
As with RBB, the player is not properly rewarded for the Big-6 stack. They are both just feathers in your cap. I forget the Big-6 bonus amount but I remember it being dismally low. I've mentioned this to Lyman, and he's not opposed to updating the scoring, and agreed the Big-6 bonus should be higher. Iirc, he said the average Bash score during testing was 25M, so he doubled it for RBB. So at least for RBB, we have the early Wms testers to blame for their weak Bash scores. As for the Big-6, I doubt any players saw it during test except Lyman.

What. I did not know about this!!

#203 10 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I would not have had a chance to buy my MM original if it wasn't for the remakes. I couldn't afford a $12k-$18k game. Instead I was able to pick up a real nice one with lots of mods for $7k . I also found a nice CCC for a great price with lots of extras.(thanks Kim) The manufacturing of the remakes creates opportunity for folks to buy an original (at a good price) or remake NIB. This is a win/win in my book because I also bought an AFMr LE. This is a game that I have been pursuing for a long time but could not find an original that wasn't trashed or at a decent price. So I can't imagine anyone not approving of the Remake initiative!

I totally agree. It allows those that want a great well built classic game at a fairly reasonable price to buy one. It also takes those that would be satisfied with a new knockoff out of that market. Win win for collectors of great Williams built machines.

#204 10 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

They are not the same. I bought one for my WCS. The intro jingle turned me off right away. (that's an opinion) The volume would vary constantly when the game was played. It varied on which particular sound was called up. Now these issues may have been addressed by now (been a couple of years). I truly worry about the fate of my original W/B games because of this issue. Don't get me wrong I applaud Pinsound and what they have accomplished. I just would like to see a plug and play replacement that works like the original.

Well, in their defence WCS is not really a great game to test on - it doesn’t have as large a following as say, IJ, LOTR, etc. And a couple of years must have made a world of difference. But no, PinSound is not and probably never will be a fully plug-and-play replacement. It’s more like a tool you have to learn to use, and to get it really sounding cracking you have to also re-wire the speakers, and a basic understanding of the physics of sound doesn’t hurt. That said, it still improves any game’s audio just from being able to dial in the bass and treble. That’s only 1/10th of what its full capabilities are though

#205 10 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s only 1/10th of what its full capabilities are though

Hopefully they will be able to evolve somewhat and we can get a true replacement for the WPC95 WAV Board.

#206 10 days ago

I'm running crusty original boards that still work.

Edit. Oops wrong thread.

#207 9 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm running crusty original boards that still work.

Mine are crusty originals too. Always just fixed em. But this wav board is a worry. I do have a spare. There is always that brand new one on Ebay for 2k!

#208 9 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

well said

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Buffalo, NY
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
9,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Charleston, WV
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 207 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside