IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 5 years ago

Just joined the club....

Got this one for just $1400, but has a few issues... biggest being that the DMD isn't working. The guy i bought it from though knew nothing about pinball so it might be as simple as a bad cable or blown fuse... but at $1400, I was expecting to replace the DMD or board. Also need to replace the shooter rod, and a couple plastics, but other than that, everything seems to be working.

Unfortunately I won't be able to set it up for several days due to a very busy work schedule, but looking forward to this one.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Welcome, great game with lots going on! Someone up above was attempting to recreate some of the harder to find plastics, fyi.
If replacing the DMD, are you going color? That's on my list to upgrade, maybe next xmas.
Luck!

That's definitely the plan....

Is Pin2DMD the only option for color and is there already a colorization out there? I did quick search and nothing came up.

The only plastic broken that I saw at the time was the slingshots, and they seem available on ebay at least.

1 week later
#225 5 years ago

So it looks like my Twister never had the service Bulletin 91 update done (I don't see the extra Diode, or a resistor off the capacitor).

the fuse did blow on me... I replaced and have played a dozen games since without it blowing again... but still want to do the update.

A couple of questions

1) I don't see the neon bulb that they mention. Where should that be? it says on the connector, but I don't see any bulbs there.
2) Can someone give me a link to the best place to buy the diodes/resister, and also let me know exactly which ones to buy? I'm not an electronics guy, but think my basic soldering skills should be good enough to get the job done.... just want to make sure I get the right ones.
3) How do I check if the existing diode is toast with the DMM? (I know I can google it, but figured I'd just ask).

Thanks.

#226 5 years ago

just looked on Mouser.com and found this for the diode

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/625-1N6267A-E3-54

and this for the resistor

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/603-FKN50SJR-52-22R

Let me know if these are the right ones.

1 month later
#238 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

When I had my Twister, I had installed a Sigma Sega LCD ColorDMD in it. The game looks fantastic in HiRes mode. Hopefully, color will be coming for it soon. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sweet.

3 months later
#252 4 years ago

I just put this together as an alternate translite.... thoughts?

I kinda think that it's missing something, though also like the simplicity

twister (resized).jpgtwister (resized).jpgmock up (resized).pngmock up (resized).png
#255 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm just not a fan of alternate translites in general, but I especially really like most of SEGA's translites. They capture the movies well.

I admit.... the original translite isn't horrible, .... I just enjoy making custom ones for my machines. Twister specifically has very muted colors and just isn't quite fitting in with my other machines, so trying to give it a bit more pop.

1 month later
#261 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare membrane switch or know where I can get one for a reasonable price? Seems like everywhere is sold out other than people charging $100+

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Read this thread.. says it was out of position and by moving it fixed it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/membrane-switch-problem-twister
Otherwise new membrane switch is $109 at pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-4-position-membrane-sensor.html

Thanks.... I'll give that a shot

4 months later
#285 4 years ago

Quick question on the mag board tech bulletin. It mentions to cut the bulb off. where is the bulb they are talking about? is it the red ones in the image in the previous post (the ones labelled mag1 and mag2)?

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Nope, it's one the spinning disk under the playfield

do you (or anyone) have a pic? I don't see one there... maybe PO cut it already, but they didn't install the resistor?

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Thoughts on the center post? I have it installed, and see it in most pics of playfields, does everyone leave this in?
I like firing up Twister, but plays a little easier than my other pins, should I remove the center post? Is there a right/wrong thought on this?

I've left mine in.... Personally I like to not flip when I think it'll hit the post which adds a bit of extra challenge, because if it doesn't hit just right, it'll drain. Makes it a bit more difficult for me, and impresses any bystanders when it works.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Just took that picture and noticed that who ever did the update didn't cut out the bulb. Maybe it didn't matter because it looks blown anyway

Isn't the resistor supposed to be in there somewhere between one end of the capacitor and the connector? Looks like the update wasn't done on yours.

Mine had the bulb removed, but a resistor wasn't put in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club?tu=scorch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.