IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Hi all,
Hoping to join the club soon, have a chance on a machine that is missing the drop target. The mechanism is in place, but the target is missing. Can you tell me if there is anything special about the Twister target or is it generic and can be easily replaced?

Thanks all.

2 months later
#14 8 years ago

Hey all,
Not much action here so hopefully I'll help drum some up!

Got my Twister recently after some failed attempted purchases. Game was in great shape and setup with LEDs, except I knocked out the DMD during transport. Service narrowed the problem down to the Display Power supply board and I replaced that with a new $50 board and she works great.

Included some pictures below of:
- The game
- My 7 year old enjoying the game (Daddy I'm GOOD at this one!)
- Strange place I got the ball stuck after a few plays. Gameplay is FAST and it's not uncommon to have the ball rattle around, hit the glass, hop over some plastics... All normal?

After resolving the DMD my outstanding problem is the spinning disc. It works, meaning that it occassionally spins, but does not seem to spin as intended. Upon getting multiball, balls will drop to disc and stick to center magnet, but disc won't spin and launch them, it just drops them to the flippers. I'd like to get the disc spinning when it should, not sure what to tweak there, ideas?

Thanks all!
game.jpggame.jpggirl.jpggirl.jpgball.jpgball.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Thanks all,
The magnets at the disc and in the back appear to work fine. You can make the skill shot to the disc center, and the disc holds the balls during multiball, it just doesn't spin at that time to send them out as I've seen in videos. I'll definitely check the ROM and see what happens!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Then you should update your Game Rom to Version 4.05 or better 3.00, as this was found as the stablest one at all. If you have CPU Rom Version between 3.00 and 4.05, like 4.04 the bugs with the spinning disc happen all the time.
Other possible things are that your spinning disc motor is not working properley anymore. But before this, you should regard the things above.

And can someone talk me through this? Haven't updated a game before so this is new to me.

Also, would it make sense for me to try this update before replacing the diodes and resister as detailed in the Service bulletin? Asking because:
- Magnets appear to be working fine
- Updating code sounds much simpler & safer than me attempting to change diodes on a processor board

Thanks!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

And can someone talk me through this? Haven't updated a game before so this is new to me.

Silly me,
I was thinking this was some type of software update that I was going to download and install via a USB port or something like that, wasn't sure where to start...
But instead it's just replacing a chip on the board in the backbox, yes?

Pic of diagram showing what I believe is the chip location and a chip below to purchase. Simple as it looks, just remove and replace?

rom1.jpgrom1.jpgrom2.jpgrom2.jpg

#21 8 years ago

Thanks Flipper,
Both Chips ordered.

Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Take care when inserting the new IC, do not bend pins, and also check for correct direction,
as you will fry the new IC if inserting in wrong direction.

It looks like it's not too uncommon for people to install the chip incorrectly. I've seen a few links to a Stern document that is supposed to describe the install (sb150.pdf) but the file doesn't appear to be found.

How do you ensure the orientation of the chip is correct before installing?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

here are a few pics of mine I changed the translite because I couldn't stand to look at Helen Hunt & Bill Paxton up there any longer geez they are plastered all over the game I like this version of translite the best , also had no sticker at all on my drop target for the canister so I looked around & found this lil Tornado guy had to buy them in bulk to get em & have several sheets left over if any Pinsider wants em P.m me & I will send you a couple in the mail

Thank you much,
I sent you a PM and look forward to some tornadoes!

I haven't grown sick of Helen & Bill yet, but yours is a great option!

#27 8 years ago

Got my ROM chips,
Went to remove the existing, didn't try TOO hard but they appear resistant to come out.

Any trick to removing the existing chips without damaging them and/or the board? Gentle grip with pliers? Small flathead screwdriver wedged in there to pry lose?

Probably a specific tool that I don't have... What should I use in it's place?

Thanks!

2 months later
#37 8 years ago

Broke the drop target, which was a good time to add the sticker from Tecumseh above (Thanks!). First time I've ever had to replace a target, and was more involved than I thought, as I had to remove the assembly. But I didn't have to disconnect any wiring, and having a magnetic tool/tray was quite helpful to keep from losing screws.

But got it installed and it looks/plays great! Wondering if my flippers are too powerful, they really smack the ball around. Will see if Anything else suffers or maybe I'll add some video for feedback. Luck all!

IMG_0509_(resized).JPGIMG_0509_(resized).JPG

2 years later
#149 5 years ago

Hi all,
After long last (really long) I'm getting around to replacing a couple ROM chips in my Twister to see if that improves spinner/fan usage. I had trouble pulling the ROMS which is why I took so long as I didn't want to break anything. Finally was able to figure out how to extract existing chips without causing damage.

Here is what I got:
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM U210 GAME A4.05
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM ROM0 DISPLAY A4.00

I replaced both, but when I turned on game it doesn't appear to boot. Lights come on, but game doesn't start. Removed the new main ROM (but left display) and replaced with original, and game booted after asking me to open door.

Not sure if there is something else I should be doing to help it boot with new ROM chip, or is it missing something else that needs to be added for the new ROM chip to work? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

3 months later
#207 5 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Is this club still a thing? If so I just joined. Traded a Nascar for it. The wife's game as you can see
[quoted image]

Welcome! Twister is one of my wife's favorite movies, hence, we own this pin!

2 weeks later
#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

but at $1400, I was expecting to replace the DMD or board.

Welcome, great game with lots going on! Someone up above was attempting to recreate some of the harder to find plastics, fyi.

If replacing the DMD, are you going color? That's on my list to upgrade, maybe next xmas.

Luck!

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Is Pin2DMD the only option for color and is there already a colorization out there? I did quick search and nothing came up.
The only plastic broken that I saw at the time was the slingshots, and they seem available on ebay at least.

My bad,
Confused this with my Last Action Hero thread, which recently had a color DMD added and someone making plastics. I'm hopeful for a Twister color DMD in future!!

1 month later
#233 4 years ago

Does anyone have custom Twister instructional cards available for download/printing? I found and printed out some nice ones for my LAH, and my Twister is lacking!

10 months later
#296 4 years ago

Thoughts on the center post? I have it installed, and see it in most pics of playfields, does everyone leave this in?

I like firing up Twister, but plays a little easier than my other pins, should I remove the center post? Is there a right/wrong thought on this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club?tu=rando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.