IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#366 3 years ago

Hey gang — are there any videos or tips on adjusting the spinning disc? Mine raises and lowers when it’s spinning and I assume it shouldn’t be doing that. Thanks much

2 weeks later
#375 3 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

It could be a slipping retaining screw for the plate or freeplay/slack in the motor shaft assembly due to wear over the years. One is an easy fix, not sure what can be done with the freeplay if that is the issue.
[quoted image]

So I think I might be in a similar situation as @rocketrob. Looking at the difference between their pics and your pics, I can see that the plastic housing at the bottom of mine is not solid and the shaft pokes through the bottom. It looks like it could possibly be broken, but it's hard to tell. Mine looks like @rocketrob's where you can see the post through the plastic. Is there any way to go about fixing that? I also noticed that you do not have a C clip on the shaft just under the collar where the retaining screw is. I have one on mine and so does Rocketrob .. Maybe adding a C clip was a common way to fix the shaft from slipping if the plastic housing broke at the bottom? I'm going to try moving that C clip down to see if it stops the disc from raising when it's spinning.

Edit: Just looked at your pic again and maybe you do have the C clip but it's up against the collar. Mine is just floating in the middle

1 week later
#380 3 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

If it helps I checked on a new motor. There is zero slack in the shaft/gear so technically the spinning disk (if fastened correctly) should not move up or down during operation regardless if the C clip there or not. Wear on the spacer located between the gear and the housing will introduce slack "up". Wear in the bushing for the shaft will cause slack "down".
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is actually super helpful. I was able to reset the disc lower and really tighten down the screw and it's much better, but still raises a tiny bit. I'll have to check again for wear on the spacer. Is that just a common spacer part like on playfields that I can replace? Where did you get a new motor?

On a side note, I noticed that there is a loud buzzing/clank .. I think when the magnet turns on. Is that normal? I've been testing quite a bit without the glass on so maybe it's just extra noticeable because everything is loud with the glass off . I'll try to get a video of what it's doing since it's pretty hard to describe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club?tu=jediboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.