IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles_kline.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#399 3 years ago

Does anyone have the broke down height with the backbox folded down? Want to make sure it'll fit in my Commander.

Thanks!
-Charles

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Does anyone have the broke down height with the backbox folded down? Want to make sure it'll fit in my Commander.
Thanks!
-Charles

To answer my own question, with the backbox folded down it measures just under 29" from the bottom of the body to the highest point of the back of the back box.

#401 3 years ago

I've wanted one of these for a long time, finally got one yesterday. It was actually a local pickup from someone who bought it on ebay over 10 years ago and hardly played it in that time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#403 3 years ago

Has anyone had the issue where the after the Dorothy Multiball the music, spinner and fan don't stop? The game acknowledges that multiball has ended and the DMD displays the typical non multiball stuff but the spinner and the fast music don't stop until the current ball drains. The Chase multiball ended as it should its just the Dorothy Canister multiball mode.

It started doing it after the drop target broke off, I had to remove the upper trough to get the part out. At first I thought the switch contacts weren't detecting the balls properly but I verified all the balls were being detected in both troughs.

#405 3 years ago

What is the general consensus of how many Twisters SEGA made? I remember reading 1200 years ago but I can't find anything on it now.

#407 3 years ago

I started having an intermittent issue with the DMD going blank randomly. I checked the power at the back of the DMD connections and was missing the 5v.

I followed the wiring back to the Display Power board in the back box.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I removed the board and sure enough it had cracked solder joints at pins on both connectors.

I removed the solder and resoldered all the pins.

Since I was there I also replaced the horrid IDC connectors with crimping on new trifucons pins.

No more flaking out.

1 week later
#408 3 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Has anyone had the issue where the after the Dorothy Multiball the music, spinner and fan don't stop? The game acknowledges that multiball has ended and the DMD displays the typical non multiball stuff but the spinner and the fast music don't stop until the current ball drains. The Chase multiball ended as it should its just the Dorothy Canister multiball mode.
It started doing it after the drop target broke off, I had to remove the upper trough to get the part out. At first I thought the switch contacts weren't detecting the balls properly but I verified all the balls were being detected in both troughs.

Here is a video of the weird multiball issue my Twister is having. At 1:07 I start the Dorothy multiball and you'll noticed after I loose all but one of the ball the multiball ends but the spinner and music keep going.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

guessing a bad switch in the trough that isn't detecting the 2nd to last ball is draining (but when the last one does that switch detects a ball)

Nope, all switches are good. It knows it drained and the mode ends, the display goes back to normal and targets behave normally, its just that the spinner and music don't stop.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

The fact the music remains on but the display and targets go back to normal makes me think it's a logic based problem, might be a corrupted or poorly mounted IC? Spinner problem could be your magnet board (assuming the diode upgrade has been done). The IC might be bad, I have read those can be corrupted from time to time.

Thanks for the reply,

The resistor in the connector upgrade has been done, but not sure about the diode- what does that upgrade entail?

Both magnets behave as they should, so I'm not sure that is what the issue is.

I was thinking I'd burn new roms and see if that does anything. I read 4.05 is the highest software and mine is 4.04.

#413 3 years ago

The other thing I notice is the Canister Multiball restart doesn't show up when this glitch happens.

2 weeks later
#418 3 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

Our Twister will randomly not recognize that the ball is drained and it won’t kick out a new ball after it cycles through. To get it to work again we have to mess with the balls where they sit before they are recognized again. We have demagnetized the balls which has helped but does not completely fix the issue. If anyone has any words of wisdom it would be appreciated. Especially in layman’s terms, I just know enough to keep our personal machines working. Thanks.

Check the what switches are showing active under the "CLR" selection in the diagnostic menu. You might have a faulty switch in the trough. One of the opto board (sender or receiver) being loose and making & breaking the switch can cause it to act goofy as well.

Take a photo of what the CLR screen is showing with all 5 balls in the trough.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

Thank you for helping. This is what shows on the CLR screen. When I select run nothing happens.[quoted image]

So it’s not detecting any of the balls. It should look like this:

BEA50DA5-03D1-41BA-B2C6-9F2FD37B6EDD (resized).jpegBEA50DA5-03D1-41BA-B2C6-9F2FD37B6EDD (resized).jpeg

When you press run you’ll sell a ball move to 15 then very briefly in 16.

Since you have nothing I would check for a broken wire on the trough switches.

#423 3 years ago

I thought you guy might be interested in this comparison between the Dorothy sensor in the Pinball and an original Screen Used one from the movie.

#425 3 years ago

Nice! Well done getting your hands on one.

I've had that for about 12 years, I've been a fan of Twister for a long time.

#429 3 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. The pinball version isn't massively different! Was fairly surprised. Looks like the lower half of the sphere is reflective finish in the real thing?

Yes, its actually mentions chrome bottom in the parts section of the manual, I guess Sega eliminated it to save costs./

2 weeks later
#434 2 years ago
Quoted from danloads:

One thing I forgot to add is the theme music plays briefly when I turn the machine,

Yeah its a consistent flash, where do you think I should start.....Ive rebuilt the power section....Im thinking maybe its 1 of 8 the 74ls138 keeping in reset?
These whitestar boards are such a shit to work on...

They're not that bad.

double check the ribbon cable that goes between the two boards. You can use a pliers to try to re crimp the connector to the ribbon cable. Its a common fail point and if its a bad connection you'll get a lot of goofy stuff.

Even the one that goes to the display can cause weird game behavior (and display issues obviously)

Music playing briefly is correct.

2 weeks later
#435 2 years ago

I had a really great (and fun) game tonight.

3F24C665-73A5-419B-8BE8-1019FCDA9CE1 (resized).jpeg3F24C665-73A5-419B-8BE8-1019FCDA9CE1 (resized).jpeg

5 months later
#461 2 years ago

You have to remove the original.

Its not supposed to be super grippy, I have the marco spinner decal and it moves the ball just fine.

11 months later
11 months later
#550 6 months ago

Been playing my Twister for a few years now, one thing I’m not sure about is what dictates weather Extra Ball or Super Pops is lit on the first lighting of all the cardinal directions?

#552 6 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Not 100% sure. Mine seems to unlock extra ball first. The second time seems to be super pops most of the time. Then somewhat random after that. Weather vain etc. I think I read something about awards are random at certain points. I don’t think anything you do dictates the award.

Most times it’s Extra Ball>Super Pop>Weather Vane but there are times where it’ll do Super Pops first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles_kline.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club?tu=charles_kline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.