IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

I just order a new board hope that will fix it! Now i just need to find some new plastics!!!Anyone have any pics of color schemes?

I have a set of plastics someone ordered from the site in Germany. I haven't installed them yet, and haven't removed the protective film...but they seem to be fairly good quality. Takes some work, but they are available.

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: I see now why people were sending me PMs to ask what I wanted for the plastics. I worded my statement poorly. What I was trying to say is they are available for purchase from the vendor in Germany, but it takes a little time and effort to get them forwarded to the US since the company will not ship here direct. Sorry for the confusion.

#302 4 years ago

Dupe

#303 4 years ago

We recently got a Twister game and it is having intermittent issues recognizing and releasing the ball. Sometimes when you get an extra ball the ball does not release and it just clicks and then ends your turn. Sometimes when you start the game it will say balls are missing and if you manually move the balls it will reset and recognize them. We have replaced one micro switch and the optic board in the ball trough. Anyone have any other ideas on what could be causing this? I am handy but in no way a pinball expert. Any help would be appreciated.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

We recently got a Twister game and it is having intermittent issues recognizing and releasing the ball. Sometimes when you get an extra ball the ball does not release and it just clicks and then ends your turn. Sometimes when you start the game it will say balls are missing and if you manually move the balls it will reset and recognize them. We have replaced one micro switch and the optic board in the ball trough. Anyone have any other ideas on what could be causing this? I am handy but in no way a pinball expert. Any help would be appreciated.

You said "when you manually move the balls" Are they not rolling down to the furthest position?

Also, when the issue happens, put the game in test and go to switch test. Look for the 5 solid switches that are ball trough. If 1 is out, replace that switch, unless they are not rolling down, then start by cleaning the trough for any debris or possibly file the edges to remove divots.

Last thing I can think of, balls are magnetized, sticking to each other not allowing them to roll down. Replace the balls and see what happens from there.

Paul

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from pefdude:

You said "when you manually move the balls" Are they not rolling down to the furthest position?
Also, when the issue happens, put the game in test and go to switch test. Look for the 5 solid switches that are ball trough. If 1 is out, replace that switch, unless they are not rolling down, then start by cleaning the trough for any debris or possibly file the edges to remove divots.
Last thing I can think of, balls are magnetized, sticking to each other not allowing them to roll down. Replace the balls and see what happens from there.
Paul

Paul,

The balls were magnetized. We switched them out and it solved it. Thank you so much for your help.

#306 4 years ago

Hi Everyone.
I've had my Twister for about a year, and have decided to clean it up a bit. It is the only pinball machine I have ever owned, so I'm learning as I go.
I have a few questions, and I'm hoping someone can help.

1) Are there many places that sell new decals & plastics? I am in Australia, so I assume I need to ship them in from overseas.
2) Has anyone used the balls that have images of tornadoes on them? Are they fine for the machine? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-TOR

Thanks in advance!

#307 4 years ago

see post #301 above , other than those the plastics are pretty much unobtainium

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from Tornadoroy:

Hi Everyone.
I've had my Twister for about a year, and have decided to clean it up a bit. It is the only pinball machine I have ever owned, so I'm learning as I go.
1) Are there many places that sell new decals & plastics? I am in Australia, so I assume I need to ship them in from overseas.
2) Has anyone used the balls that have images of tornadoes on them? Are they fine for the machine? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-TOR
Thanks in advance!

I believe it is PinballCenter or something like that. Just search German Pinball Supply. They won’t ship to the US without using a forward service, but I’m betting they will ship to your country.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I believe it is PinballCenter or something like that. Just search German Pinball Supply. They won’t ship to the US without using a forward service, but I’m betting they will ship to your country.

Thank you!

3 weeks later
#310 3 years ago
Quoted from Tornadoroy:

Hi Everyone.
Thanks in advance!

We have two of the tornado balls mixed in with our Normal balls. We like them and the difference in color is pretty cool when you get the multi ball.

#311 3 years ago

We just finished fixing up our Twister pinball. It was helpful seeing the post about mods other people did, so we thought we would share ours. We added a cow and barn, changed out the truck to a tanker to match the video, added a tornado and a tv playing local coverage of a tornado. We added storm chaser to our flippers, changed out the spotlight to a black one, changed the ball drop logo to the Dorothy one and added a tornado to the ramp. We also added a cliffy, a purple scoop light, light up purple flipped buttons, a custom cup holder, speaker lights and the plasma lightning bumpers.

03FAAE72-8FB8-48A0-A9C1-D0923DD494B3 (resized).jpeg03FAAE72-8FB8-48A0-A9C1-D0923DD494B3 (resized).jpegE1F849C8-B9AA-4C28-A8E6-7ABB05EAFCEB (resized).jpegE1F849C8-B9AA-4C28-A8E6-7ABB05EAFCEB (resized).jpeg2F58A425-038A-481F-86DD-AC5CA5D96567 (resized).jpeg2F58A425-038A-481F-86DD-AC5CA5D96567 (resized).jpegA9A90FA4-F8C1-44B8-91B9-C2A8540D87FC (resized).jpegA9A90FA4-F8C1-44B8-91B9-C2A8540D87FC (resized).jpeg456E5D2D-5281-40F5-A343-8FFE28FB6FC7 (resized).jpeg456E5D2D-5281-40F5-A343-8FFE28FB6FC7 (resized).jpegA26DE249-A6BF-4EEB-999C-D1EC67CD1395 (resized).jpegA26DE249-A6BF-4EEB-999C-D1EC67CD1395 (resized).jpeg290C2521-FF93-45C8-9BD0-0861A19E68C8 (resized).jpeg290C2521-FF93-45C8-9BD0-0861A19E68C8 (resized).jpeg915CF4F0-FE32-4685-9900-03C76E97D645 (resized).jpeg915CF4F0-FE32-4685-9900-03C76E97D645 (resized).jpeg48452F0C-1DEC-4FF1-9AC0-24B5A2A5BB5F (resized).jpeg48452F0C-1DEC-4FF1-9AC0-24B5A2A5BB5F (resized).jpeg14ECDF80-3380-4D9C-AA0D-E8610AC32C7A (resized).jpeg14ECDF80-3380-4D9C-AA0D-E8610AC32C7A (resized).jpeg319CB71B-667D-415F-A7CB-4F9A6824FD02 (resized).jpeg319CB71B-667D-415F-A7CB-4F9A6824FD02 (resized).jpegE70F5B92-F5D9-4AD3-870E-1E364C92F381 (resized).jpegE70F5B92-F5D9-4AD3-870E-1E364C92F381 (resized).jpeg5260099C-5847-4BB2-9FAE-D1A29AA800FC (resized).jpeg5260099C-5847-4BB2-9FAE-D1A29AA800FC (resized).jpegE343BEF9-C5E4-4389-B8BC-6BEC54F51910 (resized).jpegE343BEF9-C5E4-4389-B8BC-6BEC54F51910 (resized).jpeg3CDA7154-CA07-40C8-A5E8-E9D696E75A62 (resized).jpeg3CDA7154-CA07-40C8-A5E8-E9D696E75A62 (resized).jpeg0F177D67-1198-44E0-8F26-C720894DDC5D (resized).jpeg0F177D67-1198-44E0-8F26-C720894DDC5D (resized).jpeg
#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

We just finished fixing up our Twister pinball. It was helpful seeing the post about mods other people did, so we thought we would share ours. We added a cow and barn, changed out the truck to a tanker to match the video, added a tornado and a tv playing local coverage of a tornado. We added storm chaser to our flippers, changed out the spotlight to a black one, changed the ball drop logo to the Dorothy one and added a tornado to the ramp. We also added a cliffy, a purple scoop light, light up purple flipped buttons, a custom cup holder, speaker lights and the plasma lightning bumpers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The speaker lights would look much better, in my opinion, if you mount the painted grills BEHIND the light frames (between the back of the light frames and the front of the speaker(s)) if you can.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#313 3 years ago

Issue on my twister finally getting time to look at this game next. The disc is spinning fine and both magnets work perfectly. The issue is in multi ball when the magnet grabs all the balls. Instead of the disc spinning with the balls to throw them around the play field. The game instead grabs the balls and just releases them after that the disc starts spinning. For some reason the disc is not simultaneously spinning when it goes to throw the balls any tips. Also I noticed went into test mode tested the spinning disc motor and it spun fine. I went back to try it now it won't spin anymore in test mode but the disc still does spin in game play thanks.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Issue on my twister finally getting time to look at this game next. The disc is spinning fine and both magnets work perfectly. The issue is in multi ball when the magnet grabs all the balls. Instead of the disc spinning with the balls to throw them around the play field. The game instead grabs the balls and just releases them after that the disc starts spinning. For some reason the disc is not simultaneously spinning when it goes to throw the balls any tips. Also I noticed went into test mode tested the spinning disc motor and it spun fine. I went back to try it now it won't spin anymore in test mode but the disc still does spin in game play thanks.

You need to take a video of the event so we can see what the timing is like on this. It sounds to me that the relay or motor for the disc isn’t starting quick enough and the timing is getting out of sync

Does the skill shot award work ok and does the ball get walked off the magnet to the rhs?

We know the magnet board is ok

I’d also check you don’t have any reports of broken or stuck switches

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

You need to take a video of the event so we can see what the timing is like on this. It sounds to me that the relay or motor for the disc isn’t starting quick enough and the timing is getting out of sync
Does the skill shot award work ok and does the ball get walked off the magnet to the rhs?

I'll get a video of it Tomorrow my dad's looking at the the relay will probably take him a few days to understand how it works but he'll figure it out. The skill shot does grab the ball but I have noticed the disc does not spin after it does that. Switches are all good so it's probably going to be on that relay or motor like your saying thanks Alek

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Here is a video of what it's doing also which is the relay your referring to is it the one on the driver board thanks Alek.

#317 3 years ago

I'll get a video of it Tomorrow my dad's looking at the the relay will probably take him a few days to understand how it works but he'll figure it out. The skill shot does grab the ball but I have noticed the disc does not spin after it does that. Switches are all good so it's probably going to be on that relay or motor like your saying thanks Alek

Important thing to note with the skill shot, does the skill shot award ok on the dmd screen when the ball is grabbed?

It could be a bad connection/wire issue from the switch output signals of the magnet board to the input of the cpu

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Important thing to note with the skill shot, does the skill shot award ok on the dmd screen when the ball is grabbed?
It could be a bad connection/wire issue from the switch output signals of the magnet board to the input of the cpu

On the skill shot yes it grabs the ball and awards the points and shows the animation on screen. Disc does not spin when it let's go of the ball and I can't remember on the skill shot if it is supposed to thanks.

#319 3 years ago

On the skill shot yes it grabs the ball and awards the points and shows the animation on screen. Disc does not spin when it let's go of the ball and I can't remember on the skill shot if it is supposed to thanks.

Its definitely motor/relay then the disc spins as the skill shot is awarded on screen and the ball is 'walked' off the magnet to rhs, so it doesn't drain down the middle. One of the most ingenious designs ever in pinball and why you need a proper working magnet board. (That part for you is sorted though.)

The fact the award is shown on screen means the cpu knows the ball was on the magnet and should be telling the disc relay to turn on, so its that side that is at fault.

1 week later
#320 3 years ago

I’ve been trying to find the height of twister and can’t seem to locate it. Anyone able to tell me the height and what length legs it comes with? Thanks

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I’ve been trying to find the height of twister and can’t seem to locate it. Anyone able to tell me the height and what length legs it comes with? Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/6#post-5279330

#322 3 years ago

Thank you

2 weeks later
1 month later
#324 3 years ago

Hi Everyone.
Does anyone know the best way to clean the wire patches from within the fan housing? Mine are quite dirty, and warm soapy water isn't doing the trick! Was thinking that there may be a chemical to use to remove the built up dirt, etc.
TIA

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from Tornadoroy:

Hi Everyone.
Does anyone know the best way to clean the wire patches from within the fan housing? Mine are quite dirty, and warm soapy water isn't doing the trick! Was thinking that there may be a chemical to use to remove the built up dirt, etc.
TIA

Try some simple green

#326 3 years ago

Hello Friends, some good soul have the translite scan image? My translite is not in good shape and is hard to find one, tried to scan and photoshop mine but the result was not good.

Thanks.

20200808_212001 (resized).jpg20200808_212001 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#327 3 years ago

Before I waste time hunting this problem down, Anyone had their auto plunger engage randomly as the game is playing? It seems random and is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance,

Joel
H.I.O.P.

#328 3 years ago

yup. It was awhile ago. Pretty sure this resolved my problem.

https://www.pinballlife.com/opto-transmitter-and-receiver-board-set-for-data-eastsegastern.html

Note: The above reference is incorrect. The correct link is https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-trough-opto-board-set.html

#329 3 years ago

Thank you, I will give it a shot

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Thank you, I will give it a shot

My bad.....just double checked. Gave you the wrong part number in previous posting.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-trough-opto-board-set.html
20200816_133345 (resized).jpg20200816_133345 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#331 3 years ago

Twister color DMD came out last night. Got mine on order!

#332 3 years ago

YES! Finally!

#333 3 years ago

Did you order the led or lcd? Wonder if the lcd will fit?

#334 3 years ago

Yep got another colourdmd ordered today to. Been waiting along time for this one!

So thats 2 of the 3 things for twister sorted. (the first being the magnet controller boards i recreated )

Now the final thing is we just have to get a decent pin sound version created for this game. The biggest draw for me to have a look at this is to dilute the bloody annoying 'everybody underground now' speech. I already created a modified sound rom for anyone who wants it that takes this phrase out! but a pinsound update would be really cool with much more film speech etc and better quality music maybe.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Did you order the led or lcd? Wonder if the lcd will fit?

Does not look like the LCD is an option so I ordered the LED. I would have preferred the LCD though.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Does not look like the LCD is an option so I ordered the LED. I would have preferred the LCD though.

Sometimes they dont put the lcd as an option because it takes slight modification like TFTC but the lcd will work in TFTC. I was just wondering I will email and ask they will let you know.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Sometimes they dont put the lcd as an option because it takes slight modification like TFTC but the lcd will work in TFTC. I was just wondering I will email and ask they will let you know.

Well shit... Please let me know what you find out.

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Well shit... Please let me know what you find out.

Here is the email response from them.

The LCD is taller than the factory display and won't fit Data East's backbox
without permanent modification of the plastic speaker panel. We don't
recommend or support this change, but some customers have successfully made
this modification. The LED display is similar in size to the factory
display and does not require modifying the backbox.

The color ROM for Twister supports both LCD and LED displays.

ColorDMD Displays

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Here is the email response from them.
The LCD is taller than the factory display and won't fit Data East's backbox
without permanent modification of the plastic speaker panel. We don't
recommend or support this change, but some customers have successfully made
this modification. The LED display is similar in size to the factory
display and does not require modifying the backbox.
The color ROM for Twister supports both LCD and LED displays.
ColorDMD Displays

I am not that ambitious, but that is awesome to know that the ROM works for either!

#340 3 years ago

Does anyone have the measurements for the back glass translite? We dropped ours while installing and it shattered. Need to know what size to order. Thanks!

#341 3 years ago

TWISTER COLORDMD VIDEO PREVIEW

Twister is the 105th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multi-color pinball display platform! Twister was colored by Ric Turner, who's other contributions include Corvette, No Good Gofers and Getaway! Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors! The color ROM for Twister is available NOW!

#342 3 years ago

Installing...

Step 1

4CEC51DD-FDA4-49AF-A84D-3CE31277A8EC (resized).jpeg4CEC51DD-FDA4-49AF-A84D-3CE31277A8EC (resized).jpeg

#343 3 years ago

And we are done

IMG_7849 (resized).JPGIMG_7849 (resized).JPGIMG_7848 (resized).JPGIMG_7848 (resized).JPGIMG_7847 (resized).JPGIMG_7847 (resized).JPGIMG_7845 (resized).JPGIMG_7845 (resized).JPGIMG_7846 (resized).JPGIMG_7846 (resized).JPGIMG_7844 (resized).JPGIMG_7844 (resized).JPG38CB9F28-FCBA-44AB-9942-696CCFC817C4 (resized).jpeg38CB9F28-FCBA-44AB-9942-696CCFC817C4 (resized).jpeg14B65A68-B6C1-4E66-8B6E-D93C120FE4A8 (resized).jpeg14B65A68-B6C1-4E66-8B6E-D93C120FE4A8 (resized).jpeg

#344 3 years ago

A request, is it possible to add a purple to the colour palette to use and maybe update this screen little to match the playfield magnet spinner alittle better? I was kind of expecting to see a few purple shades in the colour palette, but i don't see them so far. Massive improvement over boring old orange though overall

IMG_7854 (resized).JPGIMG_7854 (resized).JPGIMG_7853 (resized).JPGIMG_7853 (resized).JPG

#345 3 years ago

Does anyone have pinsound for their Twister? I am trying to find a video so I can hear what it sounds like with the the download file on the website. I really would like to upgrade.

Thanks!

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Does anyone have pinsound for their Twister? I am trying to find a video so I can hear what it sounds like with the the download file on the website. I really would like to upgrade.
Thanks!

I would like to add a lot more speech to a pinsound version as there’s so many great lines from the film. A lot more variation Of speech calls would be great to

The current download is just the original sega dump.

Just don’t have time right now though, so many projects on the go

Maybe over Christmas!

#347 3 years ago

Hi there i just bought myself i nice twister! it works fine, but the it was missing the fan on the topper, i got the housing. any tips on what type of fan i should buy?
on what i can figure out its runs on 24v?, but does have more then one power source? for diffrent modes ?

/Magadovski

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Hi there i just bought myself i nice twister! it works fine, but the it was missing the fan on the topper, i got the housing. any tips on what type of fan i should buy?
on what i can figure out its runs on 24v?, but does have more then one power source? for diffrent modes ?
/Magadovski

stock fan is 24VAC.. stock fan is also really noisy (ask any owner), which is probably why yours is missing. Before I left the club I made a mod to convert 24vac to 12vdc, and ran a common computer fan (200cfm) as well as an LED halo to light up the topper. It was also adjustable (so you could have quiet and some wind, or go full force)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/4#post-4843199

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

stock fan is 24VAC.. stock fan is also really noisy (ask any owner), which is probably why yours is missing. Before I left the club I made a mod to convert 24vac to 12vdc, and ran a common computer fan (200cfm) as well as an LED halo to light up the topper. It was also adjustable (so you could have quiet and some wind, or go full force)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/4#post-4843199

Ok tanks for the tip just order this converter

I found a Quitos fan With about 100cfm 1000rpm, or that to weak?

7A2472FE-81D5-4CA7-8C09-715FA8025774 (resized).jpeg7A2472FE-81D5-4CA7-8C09-715FA8025774 (resized).jpegF8C5ACB5-EAD5-4D07-AD44-2942CA813CDA (resized).jpegF8C5ACB5-EAD5-4D07-AD44-2942CA813CDA (resized).jpeg
#350 3 years ago

Made a video of me making the Pepsi Mod for Twister, great visual upgrade! only wish I hade the old 90´ths Pepsi can but this one will do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/7?hl=etnfrd67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.