IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I have one for sale...

Not for under 2k but thanks for the offer

2 weeks later
#252 4 years ago

I just put this together as an alternate translite.... thoughts?

I kinda think that it's missing something, though also like the simplicity

twister (resized).jpgtwister (resized).jpgmock up (resized).pngmock up (resized).png
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I kinda think that it's missing something, though also like the simplicity[quoted image][quoted image]

A small/subtle image or Easter egg worthy outline of a flying cow would be a nice touch.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I kinda think that it's missing something, though also like the simplicity[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm just not a fan of alternate translites in general, but I especially really like most of SEGA's translites. They capture the movies well.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm just not a fan of alternate translites in general, but I especially really like most of SEGA's translites. They capture the movies well.

I admit.... the original translite isn't horrible, .... I just enjoy making custom ones for my machines. Twister specifically has very muted colors and just isn't quite fitting in with my other machines, so trying to give it a bit more pop.

3 weeks later
#256 4 years ago

Anybody have a extra clear set of plastics?

3 weeks later
#257 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the eprom from Marco I have had 2 now that won't work put the new one in and nothing no display no lights only a couple of gi lights that's it. Put old one back in and it's fine. And yes I have updated all the eproms. Now the original one a pin busted off so I'm stuck with nothing now.

#258 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to bench test a magnet processor board, without a machine to test it in? I have 2 of these boards that I purchased years ago when I had a Twister, as back up boards. 1 has a receipt from a shop I bought it from, and I'm fairly sure it's good and working. The 2nd I bought from Ebay, and it's the one I want to make sure works before I offer them for sale. Thanks,
Chris

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to bench test a magnet processor board, without a machine to test it in? I have 2 of these boards that I purchased years ago when I had a Twister, as back up boards. 1 has a receipt from a shop I bought it from, and I'm fairly sure it's good and working. The 2nd I bought from Ebay, and it's the one I want to make sure works before I offer them for sale. Thanks,
Chris

not that I know of. If I remember correctly, one of the big name board repairs guys, I think Coin Op Cauldron, even claimed they didn't have a way to troubleshoot this board on the bench.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

not that I know of. If I remember correctly, one of the big name board repairs guys, I think Coin Op Cauldron, even claimed they didn't have a way to troubleshoot this board on the bench.

Thank you sir. I guess I'll just have to post them as being " untested "

#261 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare membrane switch or know where I can get one for a reasonable price? Seems like everywhere is sold out other than people charging $100+

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Anyone have a spare membrane switch or know where I can get one for a reasonable price? Seems like everywhere is sold out other than people charging $100+

Read this thread.. says it was out of position and by moving it fixed it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/membrane-switch-problem-twister

Otherwise new membrane switch is $109 at pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-4-position-membrane-sensor.html

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Read this thread.. says it was out of position and by moving it fixed it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/membrane-switch-problem-twister
Otherwise new membrane switch is $109 at pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-4-position-membrane-sensor.html

Thanks.... I'll give that a shot

#264 4 years ago

Howdy,

I'm picking up a Twister shortly, and am plotting out where to put it. Our pinball room has low ceilings, I am wondering how tall it stands with the fan. The manual shows 78 3/4" to the top of the backbox, but that's without the fan assembly shown. The backbox diagram later in the manual shows the fan, but has no dimensions. And I can't find the height listed in any of the promotional material...

Exactness would be helpful since this is either going to be a tight fit in that room, or I'm going to have to start excavating (everybody underground!). Or pleading for permission to put this in the living room...

#265 4 years ago

78.5" from floor to top of backbox with modest incline, topper adds an extra 8 inches.

#266 4 years ago

Thank you!!

The Living Room, then

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Try reflowing the sodor on the pins on the diode board the switch connects to. I replaced the switch it was just a broken sodor on one of the pins. It's super easy to take out and you can test these diodes since they just run across the board.

3 months later
#268 4 years ago

Anyone add any mods to their twister?? Not many out there. Might add a farm house or barn and flying cows.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Brkuk:

Anyone add any mods to their twister?? Not many out there. Might add a farm house or barn and flying cows.

I put the tornado mod that was originally made for WOZ in mine as well as a nice alternate trans lite when I had it , pics. somewhere on here... was a few years ago

1 week later
#270 4 years ago

After ten years of wanting one, TWISTER is in the house! (Actually, the heated garage)

It is like the suck zone in this club thread, but we can change that.

Get ready to roll.

I feel an F5 heading right for us.

"H.I.O.P"

IMG_20200304_213141 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_213141 (resized).jpg
#271 4 years ago

The only real issue I can see right now is with the spinner.

Getting multi-ball or the skill shot. The magnet always grabs, but about half the time the spinner doesn't spin. So the skill shot usually goes sdtm and multiball isn't cool as fuck like it should be. It's like a soft flop to the finish.

I will do some research tomorrow, but if anyone has knowledge on this, please share.

IMG_20200304_224005 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_224005 (resized).jpg
#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Brkuk:

I added this one over 5 years ago don’t recall where I got

6BEFF674-FCE1-4A23-B0AE-D7F41D7D16E9 (resized).jpeg6BEFF674-FCE1-4A23-B0AE-D7F41D7D16E9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#274 4 years ago

Everyone is LOVING twister. It was 3 hours strait last night with the neighbors at our "anti-corona virus" party.

I like that it is not super deep, that is what makes it fun.

What a great theme and a great pin.

1 week later
#275 4 years ago

So I left the club about a month ago...
I have 2 spare plastics. These are lasercut new. I don't have the artwork printed or applied for these, but I will provide the artwork. The small one is easy to print on photopaper (you will need 3M super77 spray to adhere it).
https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Construction#Plastics

The large plastic is tricky to fit on an 8.5x11 and even now I'm struggling to recreate it (don't have access to photoshop). Don't want money for the plastics, just pay shipping. Since mine were broken, I'm guessing other owners are as well.
20200107_173011 (resized).jpg20200107_173011 (resized).jpg20200107_195457 (resized).jpg20200107_195457 (resized).jpg

**already spoken for**

With that said, if anyone in the future is reading this and wants to recreate the plastics, DXF files plus art is here:
https://gofile.io/?c=hdCgxC

Send the DXF files to Scott at pinball life. Should be about $3 each plus shipping. He can only lasercut, not print artwork.
https://www.pinballlife.com/in-house-manufacturing.html

#276 4 years ago

Secondly, I'm going to try an experiment. I've been contacted by at least one person wanting to make their own fan mod. I'm curious if someone will actually follow through. I'm uploading everything you need to build your own. Links to amazon items, the STL files to 3d print yourself, photos of it installed.
https://gofile.io/?c=JtxVsk

#277 4 years ago

I'm also uploading the STL file and artwork to create a pepsi fin replacement for the dorothy ball (it prints flat, then you can bend each blade after)
https://gofile.io/?c=WvFl1U
pepsi_fins (resized).jpegpepsi_fins (resized).jpeg

Note to anyone downloading these... this is for personal use only. I don't want to start seeing these in the pinside marketplace or ebay. I didn't work on these for someone else to profit off of them. If anyone wants one built that doesn't have the means to make them themselves happy to make it.. Just PM me for price.

#278 4 years ago

I have some questions about the magnet and how it’s supposed to operate at multiball. When I hit multi ball the first ball will stay at the magnet but once the second ball comes down it seems to let go. Is there anything I can do to get them to stay.

#279 4 years ago

Yeah it should not do that. Check your magnet board. I'll send a pic of mine later.

#280 4 years ago

Glad I bought ours about two weeks ago.

We are having a blast playing while in self imposed lockdown.

#281 4 years ago

You probably want to replace these if they are cooked. Don't ask what they are I did not repair this.

IMG_3178 (resized).JPGIMG_3178 (resized).JPGIMG_3179 (resized).JPGIMG_3179 (resized).JPG
#283 4 years ago

I just order a new board hope that will fix it! Now i just need to find some new plastics!!!Anyone have any pics of color schemes?

#284 4 years ago

This is currently how my board looks.

869D3C85-C87B-442C-B127-9E76CDB42A56 (resized).jpeg869D3C85-C87B-442C-B127-9E76CDB42A56 (resized).jpegB3805E0A-81DF-4420-9C2C-5AE75E3165AE (resized).jpegB3805E0A-81DF-4420-9C2C-5AE75E3165AE (resized).jpeg
#285 4 years ago

Quick question on the mag board tech bulletin. It mentions to cut the bulb off. where is the bulb they are talking about? is it the red ones in the image in the previous post (the ones labelled mag1 and mag2)?

#286 4 years ago

Nope, it's one the spinning disk under the playfield

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Nope, it's one the spinning disk under the playfield

do you (or anyone) have a pic? I don't see one there... maybe PO cut it already, but they didn't install the resistor?

#288 4 years ago

Anyone know where to get the replacement sign that goes in the back left corner near dorthy? Says shoot holes to lock balls...

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

do you (or anyone) have a pic? I don't see one there... maybe PO cut it already, but they didn't install the resistor?

15854248172235242556932246264314 (resized).jpg15854248172235242556932246264314 (resized).jpg
#290 4 years ago

Just took that picture and noticed that who ever did the update didn't cut out the bulb. Maybe it didn't matter because it looks blown anyway

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Secondly, I'm going to try an experiment. I've been contacted by at least one person wanting to make their own fan mod. I'm curious if someone will actually follow through. I'm uploading everything you need to build your own. Links to amazon items, the STL files to 3d print yourself, photos of it installed.
https://gofile.io/?c=JtxVsk

Great idea

#292 4 years ago

Magnet boards now listed for general sale on my store at

https://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

Over 50 boards now helping games grab balls around the world!!

Also, something else to announce to!

#293 4 years ago

I've created an updated sound file for U17 to remove the annoying 'everybody underground' quote. I know some may think this is alittle drastic, and i would have liked to add multiple quotes as a selection for this call but that doesn't seem possible right now, so removing it seems the best way. It just plays too damn often and wrecks the game imo.

I'm going to be making this a download from my site at https://mypinballs.com. It just a single chip replacement for u17, so you can keep your original rom safe if you ever want to return to the quote etc.

Cheers

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I've created an updated sound file for U17 to remove the annoying 'everybody underground' quote. I know some may think this is alittle drastic, and i would have liked to add multiple quotes as a selection for this call but that doesn't seem possible right now, so removing it seems the best way. It just plays too damn often and wrecks the game imo.
I'm going to be making this a download from my site at https://mypinballs.com. It just a single chip replacement for u17, so you can keep your original rom safe if you ever want to return to the quote etc.
Cheers

I changed the settings to have the drop target stay down after one hit until you get all three balls underground. That way he only says everybody underground now once.

I would love to have new and more random call outs throughout the game though. Many are just too repetitive.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I changed the settings to have the drop target stay down after one hit until you get all three balls underground. That way he only says everybody underground now once.
I would love to have new and more random call outs throughout the game though. Many are just too repetitive.

But that makes the game too easy..

If there was a way to add more callouts to the same requests i would be on it, but there isnt unfortunately without a complete rewrite so this new rom is the best option i think for now

#296 4 years ago

Thoughts on the center post? I have it installed, and see it in most pics of playfields, does everyone leave this in?

I like firing up Twister, but plays a little easier than my other pins, should I remove the center post? Is there a right/wrong thought on this?

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Thoughts on the center post? I have it installed, and see it in most pics of playfields, does everyone leave this in?
I like firing up Twister, but plays a little easier than my other pins, should I remove the center post? Is there a right/wrong thought on this?

I've left mine in.... Personally I like to not flip when I think it'll hit the post which adds a bit of extra challenge, because if it doesn't hit just right, it'll drain. Makes it a bit more difficult for me, and impresses any bystanders when it works.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Just took that picture and noticed that who ever did the update didn't cut out the bulb. Maybe it didn't matter because it looks blown anyway

Isn't the resistor supposed to be in there somewhere between one end of the capacitor and the connector? Looks like the update wasn't done on yours.

Mine had the bulb removed, but a resistor wasn't put in.

1 week later
#299 4 years ago

So I picked up a real basket case Twister. Was in a very damp basement and may have had a leak over the playfield glass and delaminated the front of the cab. The bottom of the cab was bowed from the weight of the transformer and being in the damp basement for so long. On top of that I guess it was moved with the head up and hit something as there was a chunk of wood missing from the bottom of the head being held together with 3" wood screws. Playfield looked pretty good, so I decided to fix it up. Ended up replacing the bottom of the head, both sides of the head, the bottom and front of the main cab (almost a new cab!). Went through this thread and got some ideas which I thank you all for. Just wanted to show off some pics of it now finally playing all the way. Still waiting on the disc decal & new translite.

IMG_20190825_165848 (resized).jpgIMG_20190825_165848 (resized).jpgIMG_20190908_114751 (resized).jpgIMG_20190908_114751 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_154324 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_154324 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_164015 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_164015 (resized).jpgIMG_20200308_165229 (resized).jpgIMG_20200308_165229 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200301_180655 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200301_180655 (resized).jpgIMG_20200404_142850 (resized).jpgIMG_20200404_142850 (resized).jpgIMG_20200404_143834 (resized).jpgIMG_20200404_143834 (resized).jpgIMG_20200411_142824 (resized).jpgIMG_20200411_142824 (resized).jpgIMG_20200405_174940 (resized).jpgIMG_20200405_174940 (resized).jpg
#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Isn't the resistor supposed to be in there somewhere between one end of the capacitor and the connector? Looks like the update wasn't done on yours.
Mine had the bulb removed, but a resistor wasn't put in.

The bulb was there as a resistor, but it was causing line noise, which caused the magnet to malfunction. . If the bulb is cut out. The resistor needs to be there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/6?hl=etnfrd67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.