IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 5 years ago

Thank you and please let me know if you find any other places where they are in stock. My husband said he found a place in Germany where they were about $89 but the shipping to the US was astronomical at around $400 because they had a deal with a US company to not compete with them or something like that. He heard that there was a "straw purchase" other company in Europe that you could purchase the parts from the German one and have them sent to the straw purchase place cheaply and then they could ship them out to the US because they had no such agreement. Crazy! I'm just looking for a few little plastic pieces and it gets complicated. lol

#202 5 years ago

I've ordered plastics from pinball center recently. Fairly cheap & easy using this method...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/german-mail-forwarding-workaround-for-pinball-center#post-3627120

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I've ordered plastics from pinball center recently. Fairly cheap & easy using this method...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/german-mail-forwarding-workaround-for-pinball-center#post-3627120

True, but it's still out of stock. Just to make sure they weren't tracking my location (and saying out of stock for USA) I used a web VPN and it still says out of stock
https://nl.hideproxy.me/go.php?u=JbWuTmIdrsPknw3En9ZCrmnB16OguYxEQT8sM68d1rouZAT5o2BBqCydPUD8jJ%2BClkuSnhUZNI%2BW3V2DsVcf5cXr1d45iz2qbk3uMQuB0AilNuohqm%2FFnQ%3D%3D&b=5&f=norefer

1 month later
#204 5 years ago

Is this club still a thing? If so I just joined. Traded a Nascar for it. The wife's game as you can see

IMG_20190322_205916.jpgIMG_20190322_205916.jpg
#205 5 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Is this club still a thing? If so I just joined. Traded a Nascar for it. The wife's game as you can see

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

#206 5 years ago

[quoted image]

That's crazy that you just traded a NASCAR for it. I was super close to pulling the trigger on a NASCAR, but found an Apollo 13 that I decided to go pick up instead. My Bill Paxton shrine is almost complete...

Bill Paxton: The only actor to ever be killed by a Terminator, Predator and Alien.

#207 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Welcome! Twister is one of my wife's favorite movies, hence, we own this pin!

#208 5 years ago

lookie what i got in the mail today. gotta find time to install this with the service mods. thanks applejuice!

20190325_171625 (resized).jpg20190325_171625 (resized).jpg
#209 5 years ago

Does anybody here have an extra magna disc assembly or at least the metal brackets so I can buy the missing pieces from marcos. Just bought me a twister last month and it is missing both magna disc assembly and single drop target assembly any info on how to get these missing pieces would be appreciated. I would also like to join this club.. thank you.

#210 5 years ago

Oh sorry forgot to say I’m willing to pay for any of those parts lol not asking for hand outs just some help. Thanks again.

#211 5 years ago

I know this might be a dumb question but does everyone have a knocker in there twister? Mine has the wires, to the left of the speaker, but no screw holes for bracket and no metal strike plate?

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

I know this might be a dumb question but does everyone have a knocker in there twister? Mine has the wires, to the left of the speaker, but no screw holes for bracket and no metal strike plate?

funny story i thought this game had a knocker. when it chirped i said get rid of it lol

#213 5 years ago

So, no knocker?

#214 5 years ago

would someone be kind enough to post a picture of the inside lower cabinet left of the speaker? trying to figure out what my two loose wires are for
thanks

#215 5 years ago

just found a picture of a viper night driving and, it also has the same wires and nothing hooked up. must have just reused cabinet harnessess then eliminated knocker and put sound in the programming.

1 week later
#216 5 years ago

Just joined the club....

Got this one for just $1400, but has a few issues... biggest being that the DMD isn't working. The guy i bought it from though knew nothing about pinball so it might be as simple as a bad cable or blown fuse... but at $1400, I was expecting to replace the DMD or board. Also need to replace the shooter rod, and a couple plastics, but other than that, everything seems to be working.

Unfortunately I won't be able to set it up for several days due to a very busy work schedule, but looking forward to this one.

#217 5 years ago

nice score , cant go wrong at that price ... good luck finding the plastics

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

but at $1400, I was expecting to replace the DMD or board.

Welcome, great game with lots going on! Someone up above was attempting to recreate some of the harder to find plastics, fyi.

If replacing the DMD, are you going color? That's on my list to upgrade, maybe next xmas.

Luck!

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Welcome, great game with lots going on! Someone up above was attempting to recreate some of the harder to find plastics, fyi.
If replacing the DMD, are you going color? That's on my list to upgrade, maybe next xmas.
Luck!

That's definitely the plan....

Is Pin2DMD the only option for color and is there already a colorization out there? I did quick search and nothing came up.

The only plastic broken that I saw at the time was the slingshots, and they seem available on ebay at least.

#220 5 years ago

I just noticed I have a small crack on my slings. I know the slings have clear plastic under them really didn't help if ya ask me. Might have to do the washers anyways. I notice some outgassing on my dmd when I first started the machine up. After that it's fine.

#221 5 years ago

I’m part of the club now. . Looking for 4.05 cpu rom. Any ideas where to get one?? TIA

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Is Pin2DMD the only option for color and is there already a colorization out there? I did quick search and nothing came up.
The only plastic broken that I saw at the time was the slingshots, and they seem available on ebay at least.

My bad,
Confused this with my Last Action Hero thread, which recently had a color DMD added and someone making plastics. I'm hopeful for a Twister color DMD in future!!

#223 5 years ago

I'll have some spare plastics once I install my new set.

1 week later
#225 5 years ago

So it looks like my Twister never had the service Bulletin 91 update done (I don't see the extra Diode, or a resistor off the capacitor).

the fuse did blow on me... I replaced and have played a dozen games since without it blowing again... but still want to do the update.

A couple of questions

1) I don't see the neon bulb that they mention. Where should that be? it says on the connector, but I don't see any bulbs there.
2) Can someone give me a link to the best place to buy the diodes/resister, and also let me know exactly which ones to buy? I'm not an electronics guy, but think my basic soldering skills should be good enough to get the job done.... just want to make sure I get the right ones.
3) How do I check if the existing diode is toast with the DMM? (I know I can google it, but figured I'd just ask).

Thanks.

#226 5 years ago

just looked on Mouser.com and found this for the diode

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/625-1N6267A-E3-54

and this for the resistor

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/603-FKN50SJR-52-22R

Let me know if these are the right ones.

2 weeks later
#227 4 years ago

I was asked to look into making a repro center ramp for this machine...is there any interest if I am able to do it? This would probably go onto my schedule in early June.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I was asked to look into making a repro center ramp for this machine...is there any interest if I am able to do it?

Mine is fine, but are you vacuum forming ramps for various machine now too?

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Mine is fine, but are you vacuum forming ramps for various machine now too?

It has to fit into my current heater arrangement... This one is going to be close to the limit if it isn't over.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I was asked to look into making a repro center ramp for this machine...is there any interest if I am able to do it? This would probably go onto my schedule in early June.

I see you have switched from the latexs to plastics. I bought one from Germany. That was a hard find. It would be cool if you could do a ramp for others.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I see you have switched from the latexs to plastics. I bought one from Germany. That was a hard find. It would be cool if you could do a ramp for others.

The key to being a titan in the importing/exporting business is to diversify! Although thanks to Georgia, we have had a major spike in Latex sales this week.

#232 4 years ago

searching through things last night for something else I came across these little twister dude decals I purchased for the drop target in front of the scoop where you load for multi ball , I have a Whole bunch of them leftover you have to trim them down to fit anyhow as before offering these FREE to whomever may desire some just PM me an address & I will put in a stamped envelope & off off & away

20190515_081748[1] (resized).jpg20190515_081748[1] (resized).jpg
1 week later
#233 4 years ago

Does anyone have custom Twister instructional cards available for download/printing? I found and printed out some nice ones for my LAH, and my Twister is lacking!

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Does anyone have custom Twister instructional cards available for download/printing? I found and printed out some nice ones for my LAH, and my Twister is lacking!

I made some, PM sent.

#235 4 years ago

Could you PM me these as well?

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Could you PM me these as well?

Sure! PM sent.

If anyone else wants them, PM me your email.

#237 4 years ago

When I had my Twister, I had installed a Sigma Sega LCD ColorDMD in it. The game looks fantastic in HiRes mode. Hopefully, color will be coming for it soon. Twister 8 (resized).pngTwister 8 (resized).pngTwister 7 (resized).pngTwister 7 (resized).pngTwister 6 (resized).pngTwister 6 (resized).pngTwister 5 (resized).pngTwister 5 (resized).pngTwister 4 (resized).pngTwister 4 (resized).pngTwister 3 (resized).pngTwister 3 (resized).pngTwister 2 (resized).pngTwister 2 (resized).pngTwister 10 (resized).pngTwister 10 (resized).pngTwister 1 (resized).pngTwister 1 (resized).png

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

When I had my Twister, I had installed a Sigma Sega LCD ColorDMD in it. The game looks fantastic in HiRes mode. Hopefully, color will be coming for it soon. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sweet.

1 month later
#239 4 years ago

Selling a spare 12VDC fan with blue LED mod. voltage adjusts for fan speed. It's completely plug and play, take old one out, screw in new one, plug in connector.. first $40 takes it

twister fan mod (resized).pngtwister fan mod (resized).png
#240 4 years ago

Finally letting my Twister go. Time to move on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82595

2 weeks later
#241 4 years ago

Does any one know wath the game does when you hold your right flipper button and push start,or when you hold the left one and push start.
The first one is wizard game and the other one is leauge game i think.
But what do they do for the game?

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Selling a spare 12VDC fan with blue LED mod. voltage adjusts for fan speed. It's completely plug and play, take old one out, screw in new one, plug in connector.. first $40 takes it[quoted image]

damn where were you when I was looking for something... are you willing to share the model number of the fan?

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

are you willing to share the model number of the fan?

It's more than just a fan.. it's an AC to DC conversion module, then it's an adjustable DC voltage board. I'm willing to make another if there's interest.

1 week later
#244 4 years ago

Guys:

I am supposed to look at a twister this weekend. Seller, who I don't think is a pinball collector type (older guy) says spinning disk spins, but magnet doesn't work.

I've done a little quick research about some mods that need to be done to the magnet board. OR apparently Marco sells a new one (rather expensive).

Assuming the seller never did the upgrade of the ROM and fix the magnet board, how difficult of a fix is this?

He's got it priced at 2000.00, but said it's negotiable.

Help!

#245 4 years ago

applejuice created , produced & sells or did sell an improved magnet board for Twister there is a thread on here somewhere about it

#247 4 years ago

So with the new board (which I'm assuming has the updates) and new ROMs installed, the magnet should work as it should?

(assuming the issues were the board mods were just never done)

Or is there still the adding of a capacitor and removing a lamp from under the spinner?

#248 4 years ago

I sold my Twister before these improved boards were available but after reading his thread it sounds like he made some significant improvements ... I had the service bulletin update done on mine when I had it & while the magnet worked pretty well it was never 100%

#249 4 years ago

Eh thanks for the help guys.

Pin was snaked prior to me being able to get to it to buy...

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Eh thanks for the help [Ad embed: this ad was deleted]guys.
Pin was snaked prior to me being able to get to it to buy...

I have one for sale...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/5?hl=mdeslaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.