IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Which plastic are we talking about? I need 3 that are cracked. I also could use ramp....epic fail on my part.

I need plastic 7 and would probably buy 10 as well if you didn’t need it.

Sorry no leads on a ramp

885461AA-A0A9-4AFA-8232-6B453B4F4328 (resized).png885461AA-A0A9-4AFA-8232-6B453B4F4328 (resized).png

#102 5 years ago

I just got a Twister this weekend!

I looked at a bunch of pictures to see if anything is missing on mine, and I noticed that there seems to be a lot of different semi trucks that were used for production. Here is a picture of mine, what other ones do you all have?

twister (resized).jpgtwister (resized).jpg
#103 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I looked at a bunch of pictures to see if anything is missing on mine, and I noticed that there seems to be a lot of different semi trucks that were used for production. Here is a picture of mine, what other ones do you all have?

Mine had a tractor trailer style fire truck.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1hEyykFcn56ivYp7

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I need plastic 7 and would probably buy 10 as well if you didn’t need it.
Sorry no leads on a ramp

I need ramp way more plastics....

IMG_1934 (resized).JPGIMG_1934 (resized).JPG
#105 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Mine looks like yours

Quoted from Gunnut40:

I need ramp way more plastics....

Ouch that is gnarly. So no interest on plastics? I’ve been flirting with ordering these. If just a couple of people commit to buying a few pieces I would def do it.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Mine looks like yours

Ouch that is gnarly. So no interest on plastics? I’ve been flirting with ordering these. If just a couple of people commit to buying a few pieces I would def do it.

Unfortunately, I need plastic #7 also, so no use joining in.

#107 5 years ago

Can someone take a pic of their left side plastics? The one that should be here. This is a blank spot in my pics and their are too many different post sizes to figure it out blind.

BCEEB158-EDBF-4029-8062-DFF17C0E74D4 (resized).jpegBCEEB158-EDBF-4029-8062-DFF17C0E74D4 (resized).jpeg

#108 5 years ago

I'll commit to the plastics. Here some pics.

IMG_1936 (resized).JPGIMG_1936 (resized).JPGIMG_1937 (resized).JPGIMG_1937 (resized).JPG
#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

On a completely different subject, where did you get the labels for the target switches? Mine are getting worn and I'm going to replace them all and start fresh.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

On a completely different subject, where did you get the labels for the target switches? Mine are getting worn and I'm going to replace them all and start fresh.

eBay for 25 dollars. Careful pulling the backing off of them it wants to rip the paper off of the sticky stuff.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

So your angles are about like mine. I’m specifically looking for the side north of the flasher. Where the 2nd smaller plastic comes in below the larger one.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

here are a few pics of mine I changed the translite because I couldn't stand to look at Helen Hunt & Bill Paxton up there any longer geez they are plastered all over the game I like this version of translite the best , also had no sticker at all on my drop target for the canister so I looked around & found this lil Tornado guy had to buy them in bulk to get em & have several sheets left over if any Pinsider wants em P.m me & I will send you a couple in the mail , you will need to use a exacto blade or a good new pair of scissors to trim him down to fit & lastly BIG Thanks to Taz for the info on the magnet board Rom source mine is working but I had purchased a new one from Marco just to have a spare & for diagnosis of intermittent bugs but it never worked ! I called Marco to complain & ask for a replacement & at that time they said no more were available & that they were aware that the Rom is corrupted .. they gave me Chaz # @ Stern & told me to call him lol anyways ordered one today to put in my extra magnet board // sure wish I could find a plastic set for it

TecumsehPlissken where did you get that translate? Would like to purchase 1

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So your angles are about like mine. I’m specifically looking for the side north of the flasher. Where the 2nd smaller plastic comes in below the larger one.

IMG_1941 (resized).JPGIMG_1941 (resized).JPG
#114 5 years ago

Thanks Gunnut40 I’ll post a pic later of how mine looks when I tried to figure it out. Let’s just say I was wrong...

#115 5 years ago

And here she is in all of her bented glory. I think I’m missing a stand off somewhere AFC244AF-72C4-4CCB-AAF1-15CB48256A1B (resized).jpegAFC244AF-72C4-4CCB-AAF1-15CB48256A1B (resized).jpegAE2A5F2A-D6AA-419A-A371-CDD02450794A (resized).jpegAE2A5F2A-D6AA-419A-A371-CDD02450794A (resized).jpeg

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

And here she is in all of her bented glory. I think I’m missing a stand off somewhere

That will work for now. You need spacers to raise it up a bit your plastics will warp if not.

#117 5 years ago

I have a cliffy spinning disk protector for sale. New and never used still has the protective plastic film on it , $25 + $3 shipping.

20180714_162611 (resized).jpg20180714_162611 (resized).jpg20180714_162615 (resized).jpg20180714_162615 (resized).jpg
#118 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I have a cliffy spinning disk protector for sale. New and never used still has the protective plastic film on it , $25 + $3 shipping.

I’ll take it. Any chance you have the scoop cliffy available? I’ve been waiting 12 weeks on what I was told would take 6 weeks. Patience worn out.

1 week later
#119 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

And here she is in all of her bented glory. I think I’m missing a stand off somewhere

FWIW, mine is bent and screwed on top of the lower plastic like that also.

#120 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to purchase an original set of Twister decals? Or does anyone have any scans of them?

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Does anyone know where to purchase an original set of Twister decals? Or does anyone have any scans of them?

Are you talking about cab art? IF so I’d like to know as well. Retro refurb has them but their reviews area so 50/50 I can’t bring myself to doing it yet

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Are you talking about cab art? IF so I’d like to know as well. Retro refurb has them but their reviews area so 50/50 I can’t bring myself to doing it yet

No, I am taking about the target and other misc decals, see pic I stole from a google search. I know someone sells different-looking target decals on eBay, but I like the originals better.

I did re-draw the drop target decal for mine based on a few blurry pictures, but I'd really like a set or a scan of all the others.

GS-TWI820-6133-00L (resized).jpgGS-TWI820-6133-00L (resized).jpg
#123 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

No, I am taking about the target and other misc decals, see pic I stole from a google search. I know someone sells different-looking target decals on eBay, but I like the originals better.
I did re-draw the drop target decal for mine based on a few blurry pictures, but I'd really like a set or a scan of all the others.

I'd like to know as well; I've got a few decals that have seen better days.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

[quoted image]

Quoted from woody6092:

I'd like to know as well; I've got a few decals that have seen better days.

Yeah I could use a new one or 2 as well.

#126 5 years ago

Populated playfield for sale (not mine) cant tell if it has the left side plastics that a lot of people need but it looks like most stuff is still there

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Populated playfield for sale (not mine) cant tell if it has the left side plastics that a lot of people need but it looks like most stuff is still there

Looks like all plastics are missing except for a ramp for Gunnut40

TecumsehPlissken where did you get that alt Translite?

#129 5 years ago

Well I have ramp in works right now. That don't work out I'll be all over it.

#130 5 years ago

Cleaning up this bad boy right now. The thing had 1/8 of dust on it.

IMG_2004 (resized).JPGIMG_2004 (resized).JPG
#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Cleaning up this bad boy right now. The thing had 1/8 of dust on it.
[quoted image]

if it's too much work for you, I'll happily take another fan blade

#132 5 years ago

are all twister fans noisy? Mine def makes alot of noise when it comes on. Take apart and clean? lube?

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

are all twister fans noisy? Mine def makes alot of noise when it comes on. Take apart and clean? lube?

Mine was doing this because there was “slop” in the motor bearings that caused the fan to hit the motor when running. Take the cage off and make the fan spin and see if it’s hitting something.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mine is noisy, even though I cleaned it and lubed it.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Mine was doing this because there was “slop” in the motor bearings that caused the fan to hit the motor when running. Take the cage off and make the fan spin and see if it’s hitting something.

How did you fix it?

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

How did you fix it?

Unplugged it. Now it’s super quiet. Also super non functioning.

Either find a new motor - unobtanium. Or have the bearings rebuilt in it if you could find a shop to do it or give it a whirl yourself.

#137 5 years ago

cracked ramp for sale on ebay. Not perfect but may be better than what you have

truck is missing and the flight blades are missing on the ball

ebay.com link: Twister Pinball Ramp Assembly

and a suspect mag board
ebay.com link: Magnet Processor Board 520 5143 00 Sega 1995 Twister Goldeneye UNTESTED

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Unplugged it. Now it’s super quiet. Also super non functioning.
Either find a new motor - unobtanium. Or have the bearings rebuilt in it if you could find a shop to do it or give it a whirl yourself.

I was showing my dad the fan and motor past this weekend and he swears it looks like an old Nutone fart fan for a bathroom. Next time I’m in HD I’m going to see what they look like.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I was showing my dad the fan and motor past this weekend and he swears it looks like an old Nutone fart fan for a bathroom. Next time I’m in HD I’m going to see what they look like.

C-Frame motors all look pretty similar, but this one isn't 110v, unfortunately.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

C-Frame motors all look pretty similar, but this one isn't 110v, unfortunately.

Isn’t that what a transformer is for?

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Isn’t that what a transformer is for?

The twister fan motor is 24v, 3600 rpm. You'd have to convert the 24v to 110v for the replacement fan. Perhaps through a relay and wiring 110v up into the back box...

#142 5 years ago

Might be a crazy idea. You could by a replacement motor for a whirlwind and retrofit a bracket to make it work in the twister housing. I would be willing to bet that the motors are about the same. I could be completely wrong though.

1 month later
#144 5 years ago

Hi guys, got a twister on site around the corner from me, loving the game, trying to figure out what to do, is there a rulesheet to this game, how do you start modes? Thanks in advance

#146 5 years ago

Awsome. thanks so much!!!

#147 5 years ago

Ok , so just read through the rule sheet, is there a wizard mode in this game?

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Ok , so just read through the rule sheet, is there a wizard mode in this game?

I have never heard of one. I have not played enough to know either.

2 months later
#149 5 years ago

Hi all,
After long last (really long) I'm getting around to replacing a couple ROM chips in my Twister to see if that improves spinner/fan usage. I had trouble pulling the ROMS which is why I took so long as I didn't want to break anything. Finally was able to figure out how to extract existing chips without causing damage.

Here is what I got:
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM U210 GAME A4.05
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM ROM0 DISPLAY A4.00

I replaced both, but when I turned on game it doesn't appear to boot. Lights come on, but game doesn't start. Removed the new main ROM (but left display) and replaced with original, and game booted after asking me to open door.

Not sure if there is something else I should be doing to help it boot with new ROM chip, or is it missing something else that needs to be added for the new ROM chip to work? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

1 week later
#150 5 years ago

Back in the club for a second time! Not going to let it go so easily this time around.

IMG_20181228_145211 (resized).jpgIMG_20181228_145211 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/3?hl=mdeslaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.