IMG_4750 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
20230709_170235a (resized).jpg
20230709_170256a (resized).jpg
20230709_170230a (resized).jpg
20230627_022449 (resized).jpg
20230627_012404 (resized).jpg

There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Congratulations! I miss my Twister, believe it or not. Does your spinner magnet work okay? If not, let me know. I fought that battle over a year before I figured it out.

It's working fine, for now! Hopefully if it ever stops working, I'll be able to find a fix right here.

#52 6 years ago

Wow! It only took two years to get to "Page 2" of this thread. It will be interesting to see how long it is until the next page is turned.

3 weeks later
#53 6 years ago

What is the best and most stable version of the software? I read somewhere once it wasn't the latest version but one prior? I can't find the thread where I read that though.

#54 6 years ago

Can anyone help me out with some underplayfield pics? Having some issues and looking for something to reference off of. Any help is appreciated!

#55 6 years ago

is the protector for the spinning disc available anywhere?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

is the protector for the spinning disc available anywhere?

check with Cliffy , he had it available when I still had mine

2 months later
#57 6 years ago

FiatsRUs

Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I then fabricated a piece of clear plexiglas (the edges were sanded and flame polished) that ties the two walls together using the attachment holes already available on the SS ramp protectors.

You don't happen to have any extra pieces of the plexiglas that you fabricated, do you?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from kristyandjoe1978:

fiatsrus

You don't happen to have any extra pieces of the plexiglas that you fabricated, do you?

It's run-of-the-mill plexiglass that you can pick up at Menards or Homedepot. I used a Dremel tool with a razor saw blade attachment to cut the shape, then sanded it with the Dremel and a sanding drum attachment. Be very careful when drilling the holes (go slowly) so you don't crack the plexiglass.

#59 6 years ago

I still have a brand new , never used membrane switch for this game I would like to sell if anyone is interested p.m me

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

It's run-of-the-mill plexiglass that you can pick up at Menards or Homedepot. I used a Dremel tool with a razor saw blade attachment to cut the shape, then sanded it with the Dremel and a sanding drum attachment. Be very careful when drilling the holes (go slowly) so you don't crack the plexiglass.

Ok, great thanks for the info. I will give it a shot.

2 months later
#61 6 years ago

Can the magnets in Twister be disabled in the menu, but the game still play? A customer of mine has a magnet board issue that has dragged on for some time now and I was wondering if I disable the magnets, can he still play some magnet-less games? Better than just sitting there with the power off I guess...

Thx,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Can the magnets in Twister be disabled in the menu, but the game still play? A customer of mine has a magnet board issue that has dragged on for some time now and I was wondering if I disable the magnets, can he still play some magnet-less games? Better than just sitting there with the power off I guess...
Thx,
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Doesn’t the game play whether magnet issues exist or not? When I had issues the game still worked it’s just that the multi ball didn’t look as cool.

2 months later
#63 6 years ago

Hi guys, looking to add twister sometime this year if one pops up, just wondering what to look for when checking the machine out? Thanks in advance.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys, looking to add twister sometime this year if one pops up, just wondering what to look for when checking the machine out? Thanks in advance.

Check the spinning magnet multiball. Make sure it holds the balls, spins and releases them. Try to do it multiple times with ball one, ball two, ball three. We have been chasing a gremlin in ours for a while.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Check the spinning magnet multiball. Make sure it holds the balls, spins and releases them. Try to do it multiple times with ball one, ball two, ball three. We have been chasing a gremlin in ours for a while.

I agree the magnet board issues are the ones you want to look out for the most (also remember a magnet it the back is supposed to hold the ball on certain shots you should test). On mine I also had to replace the membrane switch which was $50 USD. When the balls went into the "underground" area they would occasionally not register. This problem happened about 3 months after I bought the machine and was intermittent.

Otherwise most other things are normal pinball repairs with normal parts.

1 week later
#66 6 years ago

Hello,
I have been a Twister owner since September, The game has played great until last weekend at a charity event. It quit ball lock and multiball, I just got a membrane switch from another pinsider ( Thank you for the switch). Going through the machine I have also found 2 dead playfield target switches. It is the ones that are enclosed in the black plastic housings. Marco is out off stock on replacements. Any thoughts or suggestions on repairing or replacing the switch inside the target units ? I have one of the units apart and have the old switch out of it. Just gotta find a replacement for it. Thank you for any help.

IMG_3037 (resized).JPGIMG_3037 (resized).JPG
IMG_3038 (resized).JPGIMG_3038 (resized).JPG
IMG_3039 (resized).JPGIMG_3039 (resized).JPG
IMG_3041 (resized).JPGIMG_3041 (resized).JPG
IMG_3042 (resized).JPGIMG_3042 (resized).JPG
IMG_3043 (resized).JPGIMG_3043 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#67 6 years ago

Does anyone know if this spring steel is stock?

IMG_1629 (resized).JPGIMG_1629 (resized).JPG

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetcom1121:

Hello,
I have been a Twister owner since September, The game has played great until last weekend at a charity event. It quit ball lock and multiball, I just got a membrane switch from another pinsider ( Thank you for the switch). Going through the machine I have also found 2 dead playfield target switches. It is the ones that are enclosed in the black plastic housings. Marco is out off stock on replacements. Any thoughts or suggestions on repairing or replacing the switch inside the target units ? I have one of the units apart and have the old switch out of it. Just gotta find a replacement for it. Thank you for any help.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4702

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Does anyone know if this spring steel is stock?

Yup. Here is a pic of mine.

20180222_193951 (resized).jpg20180222_193951 (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Yup. Here is a pic of mine.

That was a quick reply. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#71 6 years ago

I picked up a Twister in a package deal recently and man the air balls were CRAZY! Even with the back legs cranked up it seemed nearly every missed shot launched a flying air ball.

Today I replaced the flipper coils with a pair of used 23-900 coils I had in my parts box. Night and day difference! Sure, can still get an airball once in a while, like a direct hit off the drop target. But the game is totally playable now where before it was a shitfest of airballs constantly.

#72 6 years ago

Having an issue with my Twister. The lights in the upper right corner have all stopped working. Is this some fuse blown out? I don't have my manual anymore and haven't had much of a chance to look into this yet. Any ideas?

twister (resized).jpgtwister (resized).jpg

#73 6 years ago

Check the GI fuses.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I picked up a Twister in a package deal recently and man the air balls were CRAZY! Even with the back legs cranked up it seemed nearly every missed shot launched a flying air ball.
Today I replaced the flipper coils with a pair of used 23-900 coils I had in my parts box. Night and day difference! Sure, can still get an airball once in a while, like a direct hit off the drop target. But the game is totally playable now where before it was a shitfest of airballs constantly.

Check the magnet spinner disc it may not be level.

#75 6 years ago

Anyone know if this is right coil for the ball lock gate or what the right coil is?

IMG_1702 (resized).JPGIMG_1702 (resized).JPG

#76 6 years ago

This is original on my twister.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#77 6 years ago

Thanks! Looks like mine is upside down.

#78 6 years ago

IDK, yours looks like mine, I can send you more pictures. I just had mine apart and took a little bit to get it back together right.

1 month later
#79 5 years ago

Who should I go to for updated ROMs?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I have a burner so I burned my own update, but just search on eBay for Twister pinball rom and you should find it to buy.

1 week later
#81 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

pinballrom.com is where I ended up going. This is the same eBay seller mentioned above.

Also looking for plastics. Specifically the one to the left of the bunker

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Also looking for plastics. Specifically the one to the left of the bunker

This one ACE41E43-136A-43AF-8231-A1AA2D65B7BF (resized).jpegACE41E43-136A-43AF-8231-A1AA2D65B7BF (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#83 5 years ago

Hello,

I'm looking for Twister custom cards, there are "right" cards on pinballrebel, but low resolution, and no instruction cards.

Thanks.

#85 5 years ago

Anybody have a good scan they can do for me?

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Anybody have a good scan they can do for me?

Don't want to act stupid but what do you mean by a "good scan?" The plastic below the rail on the left of the bunker?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

Don't want to act stupid but what do you mean by a "good scan?"

a high res scan that I could try to create my own waterslide decal from

Quoted from woody6092:

The plastic below the rail on the left of the bunker?

Yes.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

a high res scan that I could try to create my own waterslide decal from

Yes.

Got it...let me see if I can do that this weekend.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I just completed some work on my Twister wherein I replaced all of the lights with LEDs (except the flashers) and reworked the ramp attachment to (hopefully) forestall any more cracking to the ramp. The ramp cracks because it is attached to the playfield only with two screws through the plastic, and the walls of the ramp at the entrance are constantly hammered without any means of lateral support (that probably describes a lot of pinball ramps). The result is that they crack starting at the weak point (the holes for the screws) and the cracks continue up the ramp. I don't believe there is a replacement ramp available.
Here are a few pics. Note that the ramp is no longer attached with the wood screws into the playfield. Instead, there a two 2 1/2 inch #6 machine screws on either side of the entrance that extend below the playfield and are secured with nylock nuts.
I first glued the cracks in the ramp with Plast-I-Weld. I then fabricated a piece of clear plexiglas (the edges were sanded and flame polished) that ties the two walls together using the attachment holes already available on the SS ramp protectors. #6 machine screws and nylock nuts were used at all four attachment points (the ramp holes had to be drilled out) with the front screws (2 1/2 inch) used to firmly attach the ramp to the playfield (as described above). The whole thing is rock-solid and will hopefully head off any additional cracking.

Hey FiatsRUs, I had been meaning to ask you about the metal protector around the magnet spinner. How did you create that? I'd like to add this to mine to elevate damage around it.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

More
Hey FiatsRUs, I had been meaning to ask you about the metal protector around the magnet spinner. How did you create that? I'd like to add this to mine to elevate damage around it.

Cliffy sells that I beleive

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

More
Cliffy sells that I beleive

Yes he does.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Despite the WIP tag theyre available. I have mine on order. Patiently waiting. I plan on taking install pics to share here and with Clif

#92 5 years ago

I just dropped by to say I had a Twister last year for a few months that I brought back to life and ultimately sold but it is probably one of the games I missed most that I have sold! I hope to come across another one sometime! Easily top 3 Sega pins if not top 2!

The only thing I hated was that unconventional ball trough for ball locks. It worked one day, didn't work the next...did any game ever use that type of ball trough switch pad again? Should've just had a normal trough back there with rollover switches...

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Should've just had a normal trough back there with rollover switches...

Agree , yeah its the membrane switch on a sticker strip in that trough

#94 5 years ago

I'm looking fort a Twister in the MD/PA/VA area. Have a few pins to trade or could do cash if I sell one.

#95 5 years ago

Looking to sell my twister. Was NIB just over a year ago

You tube link

Make me an offer.

#96 5 years ago

looks like an awesome find. would love this

2 weeks later
#97 5 years ago

Anybody wanna go in on a plastic set? I’m only in need of 1 piece.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/twister/8416/plastic-set-for-twister

#98 5 years ago

This was when Jeff M picked up the NIB machine in 2015. It's still on his facebook page. Can only imagine how much TNT sold it for. I tried to grab it from Jeff but was a week to late.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Power:

This was when Jeff M picked up the NIB machine in 2015. It's still on his facebook page. Can only imagine how much TNT sold it for. I tried to grab it from Jeff but was a week to late.

Nvm. Thought this was the 2018 sale price of 2750. Not the 2015.

#100 5 years ago

Which plastic are we talking about? I need 3 that are cracked. I also could use ramp....epic fail on my part.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-underground-now-twister-club/page/2?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.