By LunaStone

3 years ago

Stats

• 70 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Gunnut40
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180222_193951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1629 (resized).JPG
IMG_3043 (resized).JPG
IMG_3042 (resized).JPG
IMG_3041 (resized).JPG
IMG_3039 (resized).JPG
IMG_3038 (resized).JPG
IMG_3037 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170601_165336 (resized).jpg
IMG_1569 (resized).JPG
IMG_1568 (resized).JPG
IMG_1567 (resized).JPG
IMG_1566 (resized).JPG
IMG_1565 (resized).JPG
IMG_1563 (resized).JPG
IMG_1562 (resized).JPG

There are 70 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 months ago
Quoted from taz:

Congratulations! I miss my Twister, believe it or not. Does your spinner magnet work okay? If not, let me know. I fought that battle over a year before I figured it out.

It's working fine, for now! Hopefully if it ever stops working, I'll be able to find a fix right here.

#52 8 months ago

Wow! It only took two years to get to "Page 2" of this thread. It will be interesting to see how long it is until the next page is turned.

3 weeks later
#53 8 months ago

What is the best and most stable version of the software? I read somewhere once it wasn't the latest version but one prior? I can't find the thread where I read that though.

#54 8 months ago

Can anyone help me out with some underplayfield pics? Having some issues and looking for something to reference off of. Any help is appreciated!

#55 8 months ago

is the protector for the spinning disc available anywhere?

#56 7 months ago
Quoted from eckelpeckel:

is the protector for the spinning disc available anywhere?

check with Cliffy , he had it available when I still had mine

2 months later
#57 5 months ago

@fiatsrus

Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I then fabricated a piece of clear plexiglas (the edges were sanded and flame polished) that ties the two walls together using the attachment holes already available on the SS ramp protectors.

You don't happen to have any extra pieces of the plexiglas that you fabricated, do you?

#58 5 months ago
Quoted from kristyandjoe1978:

fiatsrus

You don't happen to have any extra pieces of the plexiglas that you fabricated, do you?

It's run-of-the-mill plexiglass that you can pick up at Menards or Homedepot. I used a Dremel tool with a razor saw blade attachment to cut the shape, then sanded it with the Dremel and a sanding drum attachment. Be very careful when drilling the holes (go slowly) so you don't crack the plexiglass.

#59 5 months ago

I still have a brand new , never used membrane switch for this game I would like to sell if anyone is interested p.m me

#60 5 months ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

It's run-of-the-mill plexiglass that you can pick up at Menards or Homedepot. I used a Dremel tool with a razor saw blade attachment to cut the shape, then sanded it with the Dremel and a sanding drum attachment. Be very careful when drilling the holes (go slowly) so you don't crack the plexiglass.

Ok, great thanks for the info. I will give it a shot.

2 months later
#61 79 days ago

Can the magnets in Twister be disabled in the menu, but the game still play? A customer of mine has a magnet board issue that has dragged on for some time now and I was wondering if I disable the magnets, can he still play some magnet-less games? Better than just sitting there with the power off I guess...

Thx,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#62 79 days ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Can the magnets in Twister be disabled in the menu, but the game still play? A customer of mine has a magnet board issue that has dragged on for some time now and I was wondering if I disable the magnets, can he still play some magnet-less games? Better than just sitting there with the power off I guess...
Thx,
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Doesn’t the game play whether magnet issues exist or not? When I had issues the game still worked it’s just that the multi ball didn’t look as cool.

2 months later
#63 16 days ago

Hi guys, looking to add twister sometime this year if one pops up, just wondering what to look for when checking the machine out? Thanks in advance.

#64 16 days ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys, looking to add twister sometime this year if one pops up, just wondering what to look for when checking the machine out? Thanks in advance.

Check the spinning magnet multiball. Make sure it holds the balls, spins and releases them. Try to do it multiple times with ball one, ball two, ball three. We have been chasing a gremlin in ours for a while.

#65 16 days ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Check the spinning magnet multiball. Make sure it holds the balls, spins and releases them. Try to do it multiple times with ball one, ball two, ball three. We have been chasing a gremlin in ours for a while.

I agree the magnet board issues are the ones you want to look out for the most (also remember a magnet it the back is supposed to hold the ball on certain shots you should test). On mine I also had to replace the membrane switch which was $50 USD. When the balls went into the "underground" area they would occasionally not register. This problem happened about 3 months after I bought the machine and was intermittent.

Otherwise most other things are normal pinball repairs with normal parts.

1 week later
#66 8 days ago

Hello,
I have been a Twister owner since September, The game has played great until last weekend at a charity event. It quit ball lock and multiball, I just got a membrane switch from another pinsider ( Thank you for the switch). Going through the machine I have also found 2 dead playfield target switches. It is the ones that are enclosed in the black plastic housings. Marco is out off stock on replacements. Any thoughts or suggestions on repairing or replacing the switch inside the target units ? I have one of the units apart and have the old switch out of it. Just gotta find a replacement for it. Thank you for any help.

IMG_3037 (resized).JPG
IMG_3038 (resized).JPG
IMG_3039 (resized).JPG
IMG_3041 (resized).JPG
IMG_3042 (resized).JPG
IMG_3043 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#67 23 hours ago

Does anyone know if this spring steel is stock?

IMG_1629 (resized).JPG

#68 22 hours ago
Quoted from Jetcom1121:

Hello,
I have been a Twister owner since September, The game has played great until last weekend at a charity event. It quit ball lock and multiball, I just got a membrane switch from another pinsider ( Thank you for the switch). Going through the machine I have also found 2 dead playfield target switches. It is the ones that are enclosed in the black plastic housings. Marco is out off stock on replacements. Any thoughts or suggestions on repairing or replacing the switch inside the target units ? I have one of the units apart and have the old switch out of it. Just gotta find a replacement for it. Thank you for any help.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4702

#69 22 hours ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Does anyone know if this spring steel is stock?

Yup. Here is a pic of mine.

20180222_193951 (resized).jpg

#70 4 hours ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Yup. Here is a pic of mine.

That was a quick reply. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.50
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
£ 32.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 24.50
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 70 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside