Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Toucanf16
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

8 TOMs on the marketplace. Possibly in anticipation for a possible remake?

I'm shopping mine now, and I'll admit the thought has crossed my mind since seeing the MBr pics. I had a restored MB, and I'm glad it's gone now after seeing how cool MBr turned out. But, I had more than what an MBr LE would cost into my restored original. Unless CGC drops their prices I could mod the heck out of my TOM and still have less than the cost of an LE model if it ever gets released. Anybody else had similar thoughts?

#2 6 months ago

hmm...you also gotta wonder if it's just so many games out and people are cashing in? I feel like I've seen more than a few Wh20 recently too.

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

hmm...you also gotta wonder if it's just so many games out and people are cashing in?

I think this is the reason. The higher dollar games seem to be showing up to free up space and cash for all the great titles hitting the market.

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think this is the reason. The higher dollar games seem to be showing up to free up space and cash for all the great titles hitting the market.

That makes more sense. I’ve noticed the WH2O’s too and been tempted to get a nicer one, but I’d rather have a new title. So much to choose from.

#5 6 months ago

It is odd that some of them have even been appearing on Freecycle lately

If you can't sell it, you got to give that shlt away

#6 6 months ago

It's a buyers market right now. I'm never selling mine but if I did now would not be the time to do so.

John

#7 6 months ago

You just gotta wonder when the money for NIB pins will finally run out. Its getting closer when you start seeing all the great classics in mint shape start to trickle into the market.

#8 6 months ago

It's no secrete TOM is on the list to be remade. Probably in the next two releases. I've been on the lookout for a really nice TOM for my buddy and just came across one local for $6500. Had a ton of mods , LEDS and just shopped. Knowing it is going to be remade I told him to hold off on anything over $6000 on a mint one.

#9 6 months ago

I believe its an indication of a saturated market.
Just look at the auction sale prices as of late and the amount of time games are staying for sale.

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I believe its an indication of a saturated market.

No question. The good news is the hobby is continuing to grow so as more people enter things should level out. The barcades are helping introduce a whole new audience to our hobby.

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No question. The good news is the hobby is continuing to grow so as more people enter things should level out. The barcades are helping introduce a whole new audience to our hobby.

Just wait until March when DR dumps 5 new titles on the market...plus a new game from Stern (or two), plus a new announcement from Spooky, JJP and who knows what else. 2019 = 1999?

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

It's a buyers market right now. I'm never selling mine but if I did now would not be the time to do so.
John

Is indeed. But prices arn't reflecting that yet, so inventories are building up somewhere?!

#13 6 months ago

That’s it folks.

The bubble has burst.

#14 6 months ago

I think what's keeping this thing going is people like me who are relatively new (2 years in) that get addicted and now you have my money in the game too.

Good news is that this hobby generally brings in people that are doing ok and now you have money streams that based on the better economy are doing better and here we are.

Short answer is new blood is important. I just can't believe how many new games are out there. It's an amazing time to be addicted.

#15 6 months ago

Well let's hope there are enough of you, and welcome to the addiction.

#16 6 months ago

The bubble!! It’s burst. Too late people. Sell me all your games for pennies on the dollar.

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just wait until March when DR dumps 5 new titles on the market

Dump is the key word.

No one is going to buy their garbage.

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dump is the key word.
No one is going to buy their garbage.

tbh that wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen...

#19 6 months ago

All I'm hearing in this thread is someone here is going to sell me their ToM for $100. I'll send you my paypal email.

#20 6 months ago

Yep. Time to dump games. Send me pms and I will sadly get stuck with all the worthless games.

1 week later
#21 5 months ago

at least in Germany ToMs seem to be searched, not dumped...

#22 5 months ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

at least in Germany ToMs seem to be searched, not dumped...

Maybe because the hot magician looks German (well, maybe)!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountain View, CA
$ 50.00
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside