image-258.jpg
#1 10 years ago

just read on the internet ac/dc to announce their split up

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from garyspinballs:

just read on the internet ac/dc to announce their split up

That sucks.

#3 10 years ago

Just read that. Won't ever tour or record together again, per sources. Whoa. What happened? They were putting together that 40 city tour and going to record a new album, too. Sounds like things did not go very well in those first sessions. That kinda sucks.

#4 10 years ago

Bummer!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Just read that. Won't ever tour or record together again, per sources. Whoa. What happened? They were putting together that 40 city tour and going to record a new album, too. Sounds like things did not go very well in those first sessions. That kinda sucks.

Rumors are that someone is ill. If true, that's not really a "split"...but a retirement due to unfortunate circumstances. Either way...

#6 10 years ago

Noooo! That sux! I went to see them in Portland back in the mid 90's (Ballbreaker tour) best concert I've ever been to.

Concretehardt = sad panda

image-258.jpgimage-258.jpg

#7 10 years ago

3AW broke the news this morning that Australian band AC/DC are on the verge of announcing their retirement. The reason for the long-running band's demise, according to reports, are the suggestion that 61-year old guitarist Malcolm Young is ill from a smoking related illness, and has returned to Australia with his family.

#8 10 years ago

Yeah, I know that have always had a pact that no one else new will ever be brought in to replace another member. Rumor is that Malcolm is sick. That sucks. I was going to catch them this time when they came around.

#9 10 years ago

I would have doubted a split, but due to illness is a whole other story.
Those guys are a super tight group that still share the same dressing room on tour.

I saw them in the late 90's and it was prob the second loudest show I have ever been to, great performance, and Im truly bummed that I might not get to see them again, I didnt come to appreciate the older Bon stuff until recently, and was looking forward to another chance to see them.

First CD I ever bought was Back In Black

#10 10 years ago

For most on here, the pin isn't going anywhere to begin with.

#11 10 years ago

Thats too bad if it becomes reality but lets be honest they were rocking for 40+ years now, they have done us a great service. Kick ass music and one of the best pinballs of all times. Hope M.Young can rest comfortably with whatever ails him.

AC_DC-Dirty Big Balls.jpgAC_DC-Dirty Big Balls.jpg

#12 10 years ago

They're not breaking up. It's a...

conscious-uncoupling-katherine.jpgconscious-uncoupling-katherine.jpg

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

not breaking up

Putting 40 years of rocking their balls out into perspective, that is longer than I have been alive.

Thank you AC/DC!

Is that a glory hole?

322290_1257263783083_full.jpg322290_1257263783083_full.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is that a glory hole?

322290_1257263783083_full.jpg 152 KB

If that's a glory hole, he's going to get pink eye.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If that's a glory hole, he's going to get pink eye.

Or maybe wear an eyepatch.

#16 10 years ago

After hearing big balls as a kid, I always thought there was something to the Fly on a Wall album cover. Totally forgot about that thought until now. Hope Malcome weathers the storm.

#17 10 years ago

News here is that Malcom Young has a clot on the brain and is unable to play and remember the songs. Very sad.

#18 10 years ago

so they will be retiring not splitting up

#19 10 years ago

Sorry to hear and heard rumor for a while someone was sick. Thought the possibility of someone replacing him on the upcoming 40 date tour later this year. On a side note going to see Motörhead tomorrow. Whoever is sick will want them to continue for one more round I imagine. It's a shame some if these great bands wait so long to tour and these things happen at wrong times in life.

#20 10 years ago

Sad news in the world of rock and roll.

#22 10 years ago

I heard the royalty checks from selling all those AC/DC pinball machines allowed them to retire early.
So it's you - the Pinsiders that caused this. No one to blame but yourself if you bought one.

#23 10 years ago

Did you think they could go on forever? What are they, 65 year old dudes in 100 year old bodies?

Seriously though, all good things must come to an end. They are/were an awesome band. One of my favorites growing up. They'll be missed for sure, but the music will endure.

#24 10 years ago

Sad news. Get well soon. Great loss like something from my youth was just taken away.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Did you think they could go on forever? What are they, 65 year old dudes in 100 year old bodies?
Seriously though, all good things must come to an end. They are/were an awesome band. One of my favorites growing up. They'll be missed for sure, but the music will endure.

Yeah that's two things we agree on. Mark it down. Ha ah.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/everybody-better-hang-on-to-the-acdc-they-have and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.