(Topic ID: 17200)

Every so often you hear one of those stories...

By sixsixtie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by coasterguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20120525_211301.jpg
    IMG_20120525_211600.jpg
    IMG_20120525_211555.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Today I am one of those people. Picked up POTO today for the low low price of free ninety nine.

Story goes that my buddy is in the trades and he's working on a guy's basement. He just wants the thing out of there. So he sends me a text asking if POTO is any good. I say it's DE and it's kinda old but yeah it has it's charms. He says he might be able to get it for me. I say cool for a few hundred I'll take it for sure. I could use a project. The next day I leave for a 2 week vacation to vietnam. I send him a text a few days in asking the story and he says it's mine. I say for how much. He says buy me a six pack.

So a week later I finally get it set up ( at my buddy's; small apartment remember )

When I got the left flipper wasn't working at all. A wire had come loose and I soldered it up right away. The flippers both are in dire need of a rebuild and the entire thing is real, real filthy. But it seems to be functioning somewhat decently. It'll definitely be poppin when I'm through with it.

IMG_20120525_211555.jpgIMG_20120525_211555.jpg IMG_20120525_211600.jpgIMG_20120525_211600.jpg IMG_20120525_211301.jpgIMG_20120525_211301.jpg

#2 11 years ago

WOW

I am going to tell my friends this story and tell them I need better friends.

I will let them know sunday when they all come over to play pins.

Does not get better than free

#3 11 years ago

you never know, I've never been that lucky but the more people that know of your hobby the better chance you have. nice score

#4 11 years ago

Congrats, nice score!

#5 11 years ago

Wow. Great pickup. Ive got a 12 pack of beer I would love to trade-anyone, anyone? Bueller?

#6 11 years ago

Does anyone have the manual for POTO?

#7 11 years ago

maybe this is where all the pins are hiding, in people's basements taking up room and not working

#8 11 years ago

I hope you buy him some really nice beer

Great score!

#9 11 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=phantom&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1777

593KB to download and print

Have fun with your new game and I am seriously telling my friends that. LOL

I will trade you a 24 pack of Schmidt for it =)

#10 11 years ago

That's only part of the manual. There's a ton missing that i'd like to see.

#11 11 years ago

Glad the game got a good home.

LTG

#12 11 years ago

I'm gonna have to get the manual off Marco. I can't seem to find the flipper diagrams. It seems to me that there are no EOS switches on the flippers which confuses me. Also it sucks living in canada because every time I order off anywhere the shipping is like 100% of the parts I bought. Oh well, at least the machine was cheap

#13 11 years ago

Nice.
    Cool when something just comes together for you.

#14 11 years ago

Congrats on POTO!!

#15 11 years ago

Nice!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/every-so-often-you-hear-one-of-those-stories and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.