(Topic ID: 285893)

Every. Single. Time.

By Completist

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

I don’t know if i will ever learn. I do this every time i fire up the lineup. I start with turning on the first row, reaching under the front right and flipping the switch. Move to the next game - rinse and repeat, systematically working my way around the room.

Then i get to the last game, which is my Elvira’s House of Horrors. I reach down and fumble around, hopelessly looking for the power switch. Then i clue in. it's under the head.... you’d think i’d learn after the first hundred times

Now i know what you are thinking. Another Stern bitch thread. Nope. I love Elvira! It’s just after so many years of collecting B/W’s and Spooky’s I haven’t acclimatized to the switch location on the ‘new’ sterns. You should see me fumble through the test menu

#2 3 years ago

Unless you have 100% new Sterns you'll never get used to it, PITA is your machines are tight.

#3 3 years ago

As long as this is an every single time thread....... putting the head back on the cabinet, tightening the head bolts, reconnecting all the connectors to the boards, putting the backglass back, then reaching for the plug to plug it in...... and realizing that it's sitting inside the cabinet because once again you forgot to route the power cord thru that little hole in the neck. Every time.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Unless you have 100% new Sterns you'll never get used to it, PITA is your machines are tight.

Mine are fairly tight but fortunately Elvira, being the newest chronologically speaking, sits at the end of a row with the right side open. For now...

#5 3 years ago

My other hidden talent is packing up a machine.

1. Remove coin box and other items from cab
    2. remove head bolts
    3. secure light panel so it can’t swing open and damage backglass/translite.
    4. Replace backglass/translite and lock it in place.
    5. fold head down onto something to protect side rails.
    6. Stretch wrap the shit out of it

Masterfully done

Realize balls are still in the trough...

#6 3 years ago

I went ahead with those smart outlets finally. Games just stay switched on but the outlet controls the power. Pretty cool, and you can connect it to voice control if you want. Saves that head slapping moment

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I went ahead with those smart outlets finally. Games just stay switched on but the outlet controls the power. Pretty cool, and you can connect it to voice control if you want. Saves that head slapping moment

I have also used smart plugs. Alexa integration works great “Alexa, turn on pinball machines”. She will also turn on an individual one as well by name.

#8 3 years ago

I should do smart plugs too... but; alas ... I'm a cheap bastard; and Alexa won't be allowed in my house. (reasons: wife thinks it spies on people )

#10 3 years ago

Switched wall outlets fix this problem too.

#11 3 years ago

This also works like a charm.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/every-single-time-?hl=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.