5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

had the skill shot kicker freeze up on my hook machine, coil sleeve very scored and shaft was binding, unable to remove sleeve from coil so will replace, swapped knocker coil for now and up and running again.

noticed every coil except the flippers has the coil lugs/ diodes against the coil stop, I thought they were supposed to go the other way?

#2 5 years ago

It can go either way really doesn't matter. Vid says away it is better away from the stop because the vibration is less and the solder joints are less likely to crack/break but I go by how the game was originally. Sometimes if you try switching the wire will be to short and you have to take apart the wire bundle a little to make enough slack to have it reach.

#3 5 years ago

thanks for the reply. will leave them as is, . if I need to work on any of them will reorient as wiring allows

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

Noticed every coil except the flippers has the coil lugs/ diodes against the coil stop.

That's the way it was from the factory on that era of Data East machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/every-coil-oriented-wrong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.