(Topic ID: 21929)

Ever wonder why NAVL shipping takes so long?

By johnnycruzr

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by chriskd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnycruzr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I've had other pins shipped, but the seller alway had a way to properly wrap/palletize it for shipment, so I had never used NAVL before. Had used another company and always had delivery from almost anywhere within 3-4 days.

My latest purchase, the seller had no way to easily do this so I called NAVL, The seller is in Midland, TX, and I am in Sierra Vista, AZ, a total of about 600 miles, all interstate, through El Paso and Las Cruces.

Here is the route you would "think" they would take: http://goo.gl/maps/Gwskl

It was picked up in Midland last Monday, July 30th.

Following the tracking on STI website, here is the actual route: http://goo.gl/maps/WWfqj

Last scan it was in phoenix, so I still have not received it.

I've worked in shipping and receiving for almost 20 years, and understand "routing", but this almost seems crazy..

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

That is probably typical of shippers who have a large route, as you know, and obviously do not go as the buzzard flies. Still no fun playing the waiting game. I feel for you man. Good news is your pins doing fine...I played it at a bar in OK last weekend and I can say your gonna love it. Im sorry that was just mean. I do hope it arrives quickly.

Yeah, I expected it to go to Tucson or Phoenix first, and then back to me, most do, they just took the long way to Tucson/Phoenix.

The important thing is you played it and you approve....

#7 11 years ago

OK, so I thought NAVL/STI was "white glove" service?

Got my machine today (finally, 8 business days to go 600 miles) and it showed up with no protection, no blankets, no shrink wrap, NOTHING!

Asked the driver, and all he said was "I don't know, we drove down from Phoenix this morning and it was like this when we got it on Monday"

Makes me wonder if it ever was wrapped...seller said they loaded it on the truck and then he had to get back to work, so he doesn't know if they wrapped it there or not.

Maybe someone decided they wanted to play it somewhere along the route?? Silverballer?? Thought you were kidding!!

I think my first time using them will be my last....

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from doublezo1:

just curious, was there any damage done to your pin?

Not sure, but nothing major anyway.

Has some pretty good dings on the cabinet I don't remember seeing in the pictures, and the glass has some pretty bad scratches.

Trying to get a hold of the seller to find out on the glass and if the pics just didn't show the dings.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

For 600 miles, I would have considered driving to pick it up in person.

That was my original plan, but just have had too much stuff going on. When I started looking at the calander, it would have been mid-September before I could have made the drive.

It cost about the same to ship it as it would have for me to drive the 600 miles both ways, so for "convienience" I opted for the shipping.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I'd be awful concerned about heat damage. Really bad time to ship a pin in az imo. Unless it's enclosed with ac. Sometimes they'll let it sit in the trailer over the weekend. Sounds like you got lucky.

Yeah, it sat in Phoenix for 2 days. Hopefully it was inside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnycruzr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-wonder-why-navl-shipping-takes-so-long?tu=johnnycruzr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.