(Topic ID: 299632)

Ever Wonder Where Your Games Have Been Before You Bought Them?

By fatality83

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11645031-25C5-4B1C-8B26-E09A18F2506B (resized).jpeg
939C2362-1F64-497F-B08D-C1C44DA0FF73 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210902_014513202 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210902_014418423 (resized).jpg
ATT00001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 10.52.10 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 10.52.24 AM (resized).png
ggallin bad girls pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

One early solid state game that I currently have I bought from someone who said they won it in a radio station raffle back in the 80s.

I don't think any of my other games I've owned have really had any interesting history that I'm aware of. Some do have various stickers/tags/labels from arcades/locations/operators, tax stickers, or had business cards or stickers from previous techs or repair shops.

A number of years back, I did make attempts to buy the broken pins from my local arcade that I grew up playing, but someone else from Connecticut managed to swoop in and snag them all. I was a bit disappointed about that.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

the missing coin box, manual, allen key for the head, and key fob makes me think it may not haven been NIB originally….

That doesn't really mean much. Easy enough for those things to get misplaced or left behind when moving/selling the game.

I met one collector years ago who hated coin boxes. Whenever he bought a game, he would always remove it and toss it. I have no idea why he did that.

1 week later
#38 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

It is so weird to think about someone putting all that work to just the underside of the playfield.

I sometimes start with the mechs. Basically, the idea is to get everything functional before doing a proper tear-down and working on the cosmetic stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 50.00
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-wonder-where-your-games-have-been-before-you-bought-them?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.