Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by blizz81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Head-Keg_stone._1.JPG
    Head-Keg_stone._1.JPG
    2012-02-06_16-19-11_851.jpg
    6671016773_5cc9e9e453_z.jpg
    CIMG1231.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pnblwzd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 12 years ago

I think about selling games from time to time. As with most things they can become repetative and then not get played for a while, and you start thinking about using the money or space for other things. But the last time I did that about 5 years ago, I really kicked myself after letting some go, and found myself scrambling to get them back. A few of them I got the exact same machines back, others I had to find replacements, and a couple never came back. Unless you need the money or space, I suggest folding up a game that you are tired of and put it away somewhere. Then in a month or two you can open it back up and it's like a new toy again, or if you miss it sooner it's much easier to get it back when it's just put away and not gone.

#33 12 years ago

I'd like to get a new CTS-V, but selling pins to help fund a car purchase that is going to depreciate in value doesn't make sense to me - especially when I have a car that's just fine now.

As for classic cars, I've already done that. Too much hassle/expense for storage, upkeep, and insurance. And for what? To drive them occasionally on the weekend and worry about someone hitting you, or where to park, or sitting in traffic, or getting stolen? No thanks. They are cool to look at carshows, but that's enough for me now. Similar to guys I work with having quads/dirtbikes/jet skis/boats. They are stored 90% of the time, take on a ton of room, and have to be towed 100 miles away to enjoy them. Oh and one of them crashed last weekend and broke his collar bone, going to be out for 6 weeks - nice. With pins I just walk into the gameroom and turn them on, instant enjoyment any time in any weather.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pnblwzd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-tempted-to-sell-out?tu=pnblwzd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.