Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by blizz81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Head-Keg_stone._1.JPG
    Head-Keg_stone._1.JPG
    2012-02-06_16-19-11_851.jpg
    6671016773_5cc9e9e453_z.jpg
    CIMG1231.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 12 years ago

Hey,

I'll toss my two cents in. Toys are really fun to have. A car like you're talking about is a toy. Pins are definitely toys. The thing I've learned is that toys are really nice to have, but only if you're going to use them.

A couple minutes ago, I put my BMW up for sale. I really like that car, but it is not getting used enough to justify having it. I put in the realm of 6,500 miles on it over the course of two and change years. I bought it thinking I was being somewhat practical (bought a sedan so I could haul a few people), but really, unless you're Snow White hauling around seven dwarves, it's a two-seater. Now that I have a dog that weighs 70-odd pounds, we end up taking the girlfriend's SUV anywhere that requires a long drive. So, the car goes maybe 10 miles a day, to and from work. Do I enjoy those 10 miles? Yes. For the money, would I rather have something else? Yes, although that's kind of hard to say. Same thing happened with my crotch rocket when I bought the car.

The point I'm making is that everyone needs toys. They just aren't much fun if they aren't getting used. There is something to be said for being able to walk across the living room and start up a game, and in the grand scheme of things, they aren't the most expensive toys out there.

Luke

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-tempted-to-sell-out?tu=lukerp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.