(Topic ID: 305885)

Ever store stuff for someone else?

By SilverUnicorn

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E279C33D-9761-4454-8063-C6BB49199354 (resized).jpeg
    EagleTG (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

For many years I have been storing games in my basement that belong to a good friend. Today, we got to move some of them to his new place. I am both happy and sad at the same time

We created an arrangement in where I would keep the games in my basement. I generally got them unshopped, and would clean them up and tweak them to run as best they could. It worked out well for both of us. I had games I probably wouldn't normally get, and he had essentially free storage in a climate controlled area (less one flood issue once time, but did not damage any pins).
    It was a good arrangement that worked well for both of us.

Yesterday, I got to deliver Riverboat Gambler, Breakshot, and Terminator 3 to his new home. I am so happy that he finally has a space of his own. He'll be picking up RFM ad TOTAN soon as well. After having these machines for close to 20 years, I am excited to see what he'll do with his space, but will certainly miss them!

Congrats EagleTG for the new game room!

EagleTG (resized).jpgEagleTG (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

What a great deal .
    I think you had the best end of it , having all those games for free , for 20 years , excellent .

#3 2 years ago

I think at any given time, I have at least one game that isn’t mine at my house.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

What a great deal .
    I think you had the best end of it , having all those games for free , for 20 years , excellent .

I agree. I got to enjoy them for sure! I'd never have owned a TOTAN otherwise so just that is worth it for me!

Chris

#5 2 years ago

I’m on the other end of that spectrum: I have games out at friends houses. Probably going to move some more too.

#6 2 years ago

After 20 years ... I think I would feel as if I owned them...
    You sir are a great friend for storing and taking care of them ...
    Good on you !

#7 2 years ago

Yah over the years I have had a few friends where we swap games when we get bored with them or I have baby sat theirs for one reason or another.

Good way to try stuff out without having to buy something you arent sure about.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think at any given time, I have at least one game that isn’t mine at my house.

Don't let chuck store your games, cause then you have to spend days chasing his scores (X-Men le)

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

After 20 years ... I think I would feel as if I owned them...
    You sir are a great friend for storing and taking care of them ...
    Good on you !

I wonder if op and his friend had a contract. Because I think I've seen this plot in an episode of judge judy

#10 2 years ago

Yeah, I stored an EM ball bowler. I think the two (2) piece lane was 16 feet long when assembled. That took up a lot of room.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Don't let chuck store your games, cause then you have to spend days chasing his scores (X-Men le)

Haha. I didn’t even get the top score off there! It’s very hard to get up over 200M.

#12 2 years ago

Sure. This room represents 4 different owners. The tropic isle is mine

E279C33D-9761-4454-8063-C6BB49199354 (resized).jpegE279C33D-9761-4454-8063-C6BB49199354 (resized).jpeg
    #13 2 years ago

I took Bally's Old Chicago to a party once. I did go and play it from time to time and clean it. Plus didn't want them to think I forgot about it. 18 months later I sold it. The buyer and I loaded it up from that location. Then was asked "Hey whatcha bring next"

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

For many years I have been storing games in my basement that belong to a good friend. Today, we got to move some of them to his new place. I am both happy and sad at the same time
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"df8696aeea032b3f004f91fae0b02ca66410eaad-1639320478-1800"};
    //]]>

We created an arrangement in where I would keep the games in my basement. I generally got them unshopped, and would clean them up and tweak them to run as best they could. It worked out well for both of us. I had games I probably wouldn't normally get, and he had essentially free storage in a climate controlled area (less one flood issue once time, but did not damage any pins).
    It was a good arrangement that worked well for both of us.
    Yesterday, I got to deliver Riverboat Gambler, Breakshot, and Terminator 3 to his new home. I am so happy that he finally has a space of his own. He'll be picking up RFM ad TOTAN soon as well. After having these machines for close to 20 years, I am excited to see what he'll do with his space, but will certainly miss them!
    Congrats EagleTG for the new game room! [quoted image]

20 years?!? Isn’t there some sort of common law that you are now married to those games?

#15 2 years ago

jeez... i need better friends.

#16 2 years ago

Nearly all my pinball-owning life I‘ve had games on other people’s property. Way, way back pins were really cheap, but I had no place. I had just one game at home and about 15 at 3 different locations. Now I‘m back down to one game here and the other is located at my church.

#17 2 years ago

i'm on the other end of the deal. I store stuff at a friend's house. He used to have my WCS94, T2 and Hot wheels. Now the HW remains plus a Maiden Pro. He seems happy.

#18 2 years ago

I used to have machines at family members homes, but I realized that if I didn't have room for them at home, I didn't need them.

#19 2 years ago

A good friend of mine works overseas and has buying NIB Stern machines, five. Not a single box has been opened yet and remain in storage. Come on Eddie, open a box!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-store-stuff-for-someone-else and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.