• Latest reply 12 years ago by Firebaall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03400.JPG
#1 12 years ago

This is the MPU from the sexy, but dirty Genie. The seller had cut off the plug because when he turned it on, it sparked. ....yep - looks like it.

DSC03400.JPGDSC03400.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Seen Some with worse acid damage but the char marks sends it over the top. Lol. I bet you can have it fixed up in no time.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

blizz81 said:http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/e/ed/Toasty_mk3.JPG came to mind
? You lost me.

It's from the game Mortal Kombat. That guy would pop up and say, "Toasty!" if you did the right super move.

#6 12 years ago

Good thing you're better off replacing that with a Ni-Wumpf anyway!

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

you're better off replacing that with a Ni-Wumpf anyway

I purchased the Pascal PI-1x4 replacement board. It's the power, MPU and driver all in one board. It also adds TONS of cool features on top of replicating the original.

#8 12 years ago

Is that cleaned and looking like that? If not wipe it off with some alcohol and see what it looks like then...

#9 12 years ago

I don't think cleaning it will help. I tlooks like a lot of the traces are burned off the board right at the connector.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

jahbarron said:you're better off replacing that with a Ni-Wumpf anyway
I purchased the Pascal PI-1x4 replacement board. It's the power, MPU and driver all in one board. It also adds TONS of cool features on top of replicating the original.

Same here. Brings the game into a whole new decade really! Well worth the investment. I love mine

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

It's from the game Mortal Kombat. That guy would pop up and say, "Toasty!" if you did the right super move.

#12 12 years ago

Have I seen worse? Yes.

Lightning strike on a Ham radio antenna. It actually blew a hole through the circuit board on the PC it was feeding.

The best part? "Can you fix it"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-seen-board-damage-worse-than-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.