(Topic ID: 194930)

Ever see a Star Battle Cocktail Pinball, me either!

By AtomicChuck

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170708_115032 (resized).jpg
star 2 008 (resized).JPG
star 2 007 (resized).JPG
star 2 006 (resized).JPG
star 2 003 (resized).JPG
star 2 005 (resized).JPG
star 2 002 (resized).JPG
star 2 001 (resized).JPG
star battle 004 (resized).JPG
star battle 003 (resized).JPG
star battle 002 (resized).JPG
star battle 006 (resized).JPG
star battle 005 (resized).JPG
star battle 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

AtomicChuck - I just picked up its twin game, Coffee-Mat's Cosmic Wars. Everything looks identical except the playfield layout.

I'm attempting to get mine going right now, and it's a huge amount of work. If you were a little closer, I'd definitely be interested in buying yours. I'd much rather see someone attempt to revive and restore it, but if you do end up parting it I'd be interested.

BTW, watch out for that bottom metal cabinet extension. On mine, it was not connected in any way - it just lifted right off the top portion of the game (although there was foam between which kind of held it together like double sided tape). Made it much easier to move though once it fell off.

20170708_115032 (resized).jpg20170708_115032 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

Game booted up, but no coils, all switches work but after some time it goes to TILT, think I'll give this some effort and see if I can keep it running!

AtomicChuck - I'm actually about where you are on mine. Have you reset the circuit breakers (yes, there are circuit breakers in Coffee-Mat games!) below the main board? There are 4 of them, just push them down starting on the right and moving across to the left. One of them is for the coils.

Will it accept credits and start a game, or are you just testing the switches in "idle" mode? Does it actually kick the ball out?

#14 6 years ago

AtomicChuck - I think the only coil that will work in "idle" or test mode is the center kickout which will fire once when booting up. If it doesn't fire - check the 2amp fuse under the kickout, its transistor, its switch (one of only two normally closed switches on the game), and its coil.

Are your two player displays showing "000000" after turning the game on? Try crediting up the game and press the "reset" button on front. The high score light should go off, and the 1 player and 1st player up lights should come on. If the ball doesn't kick out, it's probably the transistor by the outhole, its 2amp fuse, the normally closed switch is not open (ball should be resting on it), or the outhole coil is fried (mine was).

Let me know where you're at, maybe we can get yours going so Chris won't have to try and wrap his head around how this rare game was originally engineered!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

When I boot up I get the 000000 and then I add credits and the game does start, but it never changes from ball 1.....We will keep in touch, Going to PM you so I can find you easily when I make advances on this game.

Check and make sure your outhole switch (NC) is functioning correctly. The first ball would kick out because it's definitely open with the ball on it, but maybe it's not closing correctly so when the ball comes back to it (after the first ball) it's still reading as open (so it doesn't know ball 1 is done).

PM received and replied to, you're getting really close!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-see-a-star-battle-cocktail-pinball-me-either?tu=pinball4ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.