(Topic ID: 133318)

Ever preorder a game....and then wait and wait.... I don't care anymore?

By ovfdfireman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Craig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

I think pre ordering won't die but people also won't do it if:

it's a new company with no proof of manufacturing ability.

the numbers aren't limited

you have to pay in full.

Company is not financially sound

I just preordered a $65,000 car with a check for $500 that's refundable. I cringe every time I see people handing over huge checks years early for a pin. That money could be invested wiser. I also think the fear of not getting will subside because so many pins are coming out and I've never seen a case where a pin hasn't become available unless we are talking King Kong / King Pin kind of rare.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

The MMRLE pre-order was my first foray into this type of transaction and I can say with 100% certaintly it will be my last. Of course the lengthy delays have taken the excitement out of getting the pin, but what has ruined it for me more is the lack of updates, be it either from anyone at PPS or CGC. As many have commented before, it's almost like when we do get those rare updates, it leaves a feeling of being a pheasant being thrown a bread crumb from the Royalty.
I don't particularly care for Rick's condescending tone when he does provide feedback, (I know there are lots of pinsiders out there who are of the mindset that he doesn't owe purchasers anything). I've never received a reason why JJP requested full payment a year ago for the impending delivery of MMR yet, here I am a year later, no MMR in my home, and absolutely no forecast as to when I will receive it.
Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice.........
And yes, now the excitement is pretty well gone to receive this pin, that I am at the point of second guessing if I really want to have it in my collection afterall.

Remakes will never live up to the hype. Why? Because nothing about the gameplay, code, art, shots is new. Sure you get a cheaper and newer version of an old classic but there's nothing really new to discuss, other than the flaws or what's "not the same".

Also hype is something that's short lived for all entertainment properties. We live in an add world. Stern is the only one right now that can hype and deliver while you are still excited. Any game that has made people painfully wait for years I can just go grab when it's out. Maybe I pay a grand more. What's more valuable? 2 years of peace and mind, or getting it for a bit cheaper?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Pre-ordering is an unfortunate side-effect of limited production runs, which every manufacturer feels compelled to do on every $#&* title. It causes stress, sometimes manufacturers lose money, sometimes customers do... It's a terrible way to do business, and it is why Pinside is full of drama.. yet people love it at the same time. Yay for pinball.

Nobody love pre-ordering. People love having something others can't have.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're right...except when you're wrong. Your examples are great, but the Hobbit theme is timeless. It's like saying LOTR is dated. It's just not and it never will be. It's a timeless theme because the books are classics, and there is a LARGE built-in hardcore fan base (nerds!...hey...who said that? ) that will always be into Middle Earth.

I have to disagree. The Hobbit never came close to reaching LOTR in terms of being a classic movie. JJP's game is all about the movie, not the Hobbit book. Not that it matters but people are not going to keep watching those hobbit films like they will LOTR. Star Wars is a timeless theme but nobody wants an Episode 1 pin, or even any Star Wars pin. I think what's happening here is the pin will be better than the movie it's based on. Which is great! But it's time hobbit fans admit Peter Jackson fucked up and made a 9 hour turd.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But the SW pins are BAD. If this one's great, it won't matter about the movie. Look at all the love Congo gets these days.

I agree. Hobbit will be 2 for 3. Great book and pin, mediocre movie.

#44 8 years ago

Problem with prepay is it lowers the sellers urgency to ship and meet deadlines. I get paid after two weeks of work, not before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-preorder-a-gameand-then-wait-and-wait-i-dont-care-anymore?tu=kaneda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.