(Topic ID: 192468)

Ever played in IFPA? Prepare to be clickbait.

By Frax

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Looks like someone is datamining our crap from IFPA and using it to set up clickbait videos. Wonder what it would take to get someone like this kicked off YouTube? They have over 7k videos posted, getting close to a million total views, and it appears every single one is garbage like this.

#2 6 years ago

For some reason my phone doesn't like your YouTube link, are they mining the public data or somehow got access to the private/mailing type data?

#3 6 years ago

wtf i reported mine as spam, screw them

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

For some reason my phone doesn't like your YouTube link, are they mining the public data or somehow got access to the private/mailing type data?

It's public data, but it's still a violation of YT policy as far as I know. There's no worthwhile content at all. It's just the text (in this case <PLAYER NAME> IFPA), some generic music.....that's it. And they're all enabled for ads. It's clickbait. No substance at all. I'm hoping if enough people report them, YT will just disable their entire profile. I guess it's up to you if you want someone else making a quick buck off of your name or not, but I figured I could at least inform people after my wife stumbled on this the other day, and let people decide what to do with it on their own.

If I knew how to code, I'd set up an automated bot and report all 7000+ of their videos. I really don't care if they've made 50 bucks or a thousand bucks off their clickbait...it's more the principal than anything.

#5 6 years ago

Next video in the playlist: chewy David colon (ifpa)

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

It's public data, but it's still a violation of YT policy as far as I know. There's no worthwhile content at all. It's just the text (in this case <PLAYER NAME> IFPA), some generic music.....that's it. And they're all enabled for ads. It's clickbait. No substance at all. I'm hoping if enough people report them, YT will just disable their entire profile. I guess it's up to you if you want someone else making a quick buck off of your name or not, but I figured I could at least inform people after my wife stumbled on this the other day, and let people decide what to do with it on their own.
    If I knew how to code, I'd set up an automated bot and report all 7000+ of their videos. I really don't care if they've made 50 bucks or a thousand bucks off their clickbait...it's more the principal than anything.

I'm thankful for the heads up, I was just asking since I couldn't investigate myself at the time.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I'm thankful for the heads up, I was just asking since I couldn't investigate myself at the time.

I hear ya. If there was anything on there for us that wasn't from public info, I probably would have gone right to IFPA and tried to see if they could do a mass takedown.

#8 6 years ago

Wtf?! At least change the music for each vid!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

Next video in the playlist: chewy David colon (ifpa)

haha nice guy, has the balls to actively play TNT on AC/DC. Should have his own youtube video haha

#10 6 years ago

Confused should I thumbs up or down?

#11 6 years ago

Wow they had to go down deep to get me. Those aren;t my "Best moments" wtf?

Published on May 26, 2017
    Please share why you like this pinball player.

And no responses...thanks a lot guys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-played-in-ifpa-prepare-to-be-clickbait?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.