(Topic ID: 90519)

Ever just suddenly not care for a particular game?

By Rob_G

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I haven't heard of this and for the life of me I can't find it on Google. Is this a real thing, or is it just a cute name for 'super tight tilt setting'?

It is just a silly name for a game that tilts when you breathe on it too hard.

You googled it? HA! You just made my day.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

A lot of this is driven by different personalities. There is a good chance that the next big music pin may put MET in that boat as well.
You see this all the time, some guys buy almost every single new game that comes out, keeps it for a few months then sells to get the next newest thing.

I understand....but I really don't think so? I love ACDC music more than Metallica (save a few epic songs). I really just do not believe ACDC is a great game. For those that like it....I am not trying to rain on your parade! It just isn't the game for me. If my four year old didn't like the music so much....I would sell it in a heartbeat over my other machines.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just wondering why it was that you guys turned against AC/DC so fast. And if there's anyone else who feels the same. I had a bug up my ass to get one even though I love the band but hate the artwork. Then something started to bother me. There seemed to be a quick turnaround with a lot of owners...some of whom seemed to be staunch AC/DC fans. And they always seemed to say every reason for selling it besides the fact that they just didn't like it. Personally, I still think it's a great game but for some reason it doesn't have that one more game feel to it.

I honestly cannot answer that! I love music, played in bands my entire life. Seemed to be a dream theme. I modded it to the tits. The lighting is awesome....I just have a problem with the game? I cannot put my finger on it....something just has no staying power about it! I really understand now how pinside rankings are most definitely swewed!! No way its a top 5 pin in my opinion.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I bought TSPP NIB when it first came out and everyone was raving about the deep rules. However depth does not equal fun and I just didn't find the game much fun. I always wondered if the code was ever complete as there seemed to be missing sound for some of the animations, like alien invasion and sideshow bob getting shot out of a cannon. Years ago Keith said he was working on an update, but I don't think anything ever happened with that.
Rob

It still could happen. Right? Actually I think they ran out of space and ended up downsampling all the voice samples just to fit what they did.

I got tired of SM. Probably just played it too much (a lot of games + really long ball times), plus the similiarities to AFM made it redundant in the collection.

#56 9 years ago

funny how people are turning on acdc now. honeymoons over. divorce time

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

funny how people are turning on acdc now. honeymoons over. divorce time

I never had a honeymoon - so it is not over. I only bought it recently….solely based on theme and youtube videos. I had never played it until it came to my home NIB. Don't get me wrong, it is a rush and most definitely entertaining, just not living up to the hype in my collection.

#58 9 years ago

Acdc is still a great game, I love it. I think the heavy turnover is because it's not a rare game and they are still making them recently with the luci version. A lot of people really seem to like the collectibility of machines and if there's an abundance of them they get disinterested.

#59 9 years ago

With ACDC i think a lot of it has to do with it being a points based game vs. a mode based game. The wizard mode is basically unachievable for anyone but the top players and even the top players don't really try for it but rather try to setup big song jackpots instead. The rule-set can also be difficult to understand as far as how the song bonuses work and you have to be a decent player to really cash out and accomplish much on the game. It's still a great game but there aren't a lot of goals and mini-goals (mini-wizard modes) to accomplish along the way to vary things up and you usually play the same song modes and avoid certain songs so I could see how it could get old after a while.

#60 9 years ago

Avatar couldn't get it out of my game room quick enough.

#62 9 years ago

AFM, WPS, WH20, RS uuuggghhh

#63 9 years ago

rfm, too repetitive.

older, centaur, got old quick and too easy.

#64 9 years ago

Lethal Weapon...this is the one that irritates me the most with the two callouts.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

rfm, too repetitive.

Yep, same happened to me on that one as well. The linier modes and animations coupled with the limited physical shots did it in for me. I was crazy enamored with it for several months though.

#66 9 years ago

Judge Dredd. Kept it only for a few months. Thought it was cool at first, but then it just starting annyoing the family.

The game had no flow.......

#67 9 years ago

The Shadow......lost interest really fast in it.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Maybe the game isn't boring, maybe it's you?

This is true. Sometimes I love a pin and then after a while I get bored with it and not play it for a few months.. Then I rediscover it and like it again. It's as much influenced by what's going on in my head / what I'm working on as it is by the pin.

#69 9 years ago

WH2O for me. Felt like work and the 5 times scoring+jackpot combo became a game-breaker. Also if I hear "the secret of the river" one more time......Had to have it, then stopped playing it. Starting to feel that way about WW but summer is coming and I need the fan.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from trickpony:

Also if I hear "the secret of the river" .

Maybe you didn't hear it enough? "Spirit."

#71 9 years ago

Indianapolis 500 for me. Couldn't wait to own it and it was gone in less than a month. Perhaps I didn't give it a chance, perhaps it was too hard and I am just not good, but I ended up hating it. Great thing about this hobby is that there is plenty to go around. One mans trash is another mans treasure. I actually regret selling my WCS94 last year!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

Indianapolis 500 for me. Couldn't wait to own it and it was gone in less than a month. Perhaps I didn't give it a chance, perhaps it was too hard and I am just not good, but I ended up hating it. Great thing about this hobby is that there is plenty to go around. One mans trash is another mans treasure. I actually regret selling my WCS94 last year!

Well said. I500 was our first pin, and it's the one my youngest made me swear I'd never sell.

The bad part about this thread is for folks admitting to having lost interest in a title they still own, we're not exactly setting ourselves up to get top dollar for it.

Prospective Buyer: "I heard you really hate that pin you're trying to sell. I'm prepared to come nowhere near your asking price."

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe you didn't hear it enough? "Spirit."

Bwahahahaha!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-just-suddenly-not-care-for-a-particular-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.