(Topic ID: 90519)

Ever just suddenly not care for a particular game?

By Rob_G

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I would have to say if there was one game that I owned where I seemed to suddenly dislike it so much, it would be WCS94. It was fun to play at first, but the rules felt so incomplete/dumbed down that I just couldn't stand playing it any more. For example, the travel feature on the left orbit could be made if you even just nudged the spinner enough for it to register - you didn't have to complete the orbit shot. It was a great layout with great sound and dots even if the theme wasn't the best. The rules ultimately failed the game in my opinion. From what I read, John P was pulled off this project and the game was shipped with diminished rules. I don't know if that's true or not, but judging from the simple rules I wouldn't be surprised.

Rob

#2 6 years ago

I became tired of this game after a week or so, usually I don't like to sell my things for I miss them down the road but that never happened, just too easy and it's hard on the eyes

#3 6 years ago

CFTBL. Happened about an hour after finally owning this flaming pile of crap. Opinion has never waivered.

#4 6 years ago

Never owned it..but I feel the same way

Quoted from Atomicboy:

CFTBL. Happened about an hour after finally owning this flaming pile of crap. Opinion has never waivered.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Never owned it..but I feel the same way

I was just considering possibly picking one up in my next rotation. I didn't like it first time I played. Then played in a more quiet setting, did well, and thought not bad. Wonder if I should trust my first instinct.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I was just considering possibly picking one up in my next rotation. I didn't like it first time I played. Then played in a more quiet setting, did well, and thought not bad. Wonder if I should trust my first instinct.

I didn't like it the first SEVERAL times I played it! I didn't really like it on Pinball Arcade either. I got to play a real one again last night, and it's funny how opinions can change. While I didn't like playing it on TPA, I did learn the rules, more or less completely. To be fair, the one I played last night had the awesome LCD mod to replace the hologram and also the lit up backpanel, so it looked nice. Anyways...understanding the rules, my first game, I had a 200 million ball 1. Ended up with 215 million total after the extra ball and two others. Came back after our tournament and played it again, and I had the monster game. 4 multiballs in one game, at least one regular jackpot, never got the super jackpot, and ended up with 440 million. I had a multiball on ball 1, ball 2, 0 on the extra ball, and then TWO multiballs on ball 3. o_0 Having a better understanding of the rules and layout made playing the real thing a lot more enjoyable. I was really dialed in on every shot but the snack bar.

#7 6 years ago

Corvette. Loved it for years, then I beat it. Have little desire to fire it up anymore.

#8 6 years ago

SWE1 for me. Was one of my first to own games and wow what a bore. Shoot up the middle. Repeat. I even got to Jedi spirit hoping for something cool to happen. What a dud. Now I just play to practice my flipper skills.

#9 6 years ago

Fire, once I got it working completely, could not stand it. I sold it a month after I got it.

#10 6 years ago

Nascar...nothing else to say

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Nascar...nothing else to say

To each their own - I've had my NASCAR for 3 months or so and still enjoying it. I guess that's what makes pinball so fun - there are so many different games to choose from!

#12 6 years ago

Yep loving my nascar still

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

To each their own - I've had my Nascar for 3 months or so and still enjoying it. I guess that's what makes pinball so fun - there are so many different games to choose from!

This is true...Im one of the very few who does not like TAF, maybe I have just not played the right one yet

#14 6 years ago

feel this way with almost every Ritchie game, except hs and sm.

#15 6 years ago

I can't get enough of my Metallica and ACDC. I own a Judge Dredd and it just does not get any play time. Will most likely sell when stern comes out with another pinball I think Is a must own(TWD is sounding good).

#16 6 years ago

Bram Stoker Dracula for me, owned it 2 times in 4 years and got sick of it! Its a game that I like to play on occasion at other peoples houses. The game is just annoying to me for some reason. I has great theme, video mode is good, call outs are decent, and of corse mist multiball. I just loved the game at first, then all of the sudden one day I just never wanted to play it.

#17 6 years ago

Twilight Zone. IMHO it feels like after getting Lost in the Zone a lot the game loses it's appeal.

let the flame wars begin

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Twilight Zone. IMHO it feels like after getting Lost in the Zone a lot the game loses it's appeal.
let the flame wars begin

I have owned TZ for a little over 3 full years and Im just now getting to that point. I still like it but the fun is starting to wear off. At one point I actually considered TZ to be my favorite of all time but now I am not so sure about that. Oh well 3 years is a good run on a game. Some games don't last more than 3 months at my house.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

let the flame wars begin

.... and taf

#20 6 years ago

TSPP

Annoying hurry up music, low quality voice clips. It's a good game still, but it got on my nerves pretty fast.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep loving my Nascar still

I'm glad!

#22 6 years ago

I pretty much had instant remorse after trading my LOTR for a Williams IJ.

#23 6 years ago

I smacked around my W?D one night and don't need to play it again.

Really liked TF at release but got sick of it.

#24 6 years ago

TSPP for me also. We played it in league a lot and it just became like work. I loved the theme and I know that the rules are top notch. I enjoyed it for a while and at one time I wanted to own one. Then it just went sour for me...

#25 6 years ago

Honestly….my ACDC! I have only owned the Prem for 2-3 months, but I am having a terrible time getting into it. I love the music and the mods, but I am not loving the pin - yet. God I hope this changes!!!

#26 6 years ago

Medieval Madness is one of the biggest let-downs for me.

Bashing the castle gate in too many tourneys for too many points did it in...

#27 6 years ago

TOM. Couldn't wait to get rid of it.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Medieval Madness is one of the biggest let-downs for me.
Bashing the castle gate in too many tourneys for too many points did it in...

Yeah; I played this in Pinburgh against some players who were much better than me. They were trying to stack multiballs for big points. I just blew up two castles and won. Not too much skill required.

#29 6 years ago

The Addams Family at least has some charm to it, and "Tour the Mansion" isn't exactly a real wizard mode (more of a large point-earning stack a la Whirlwind's mega cellar bonus).

#30 6 years ago

I haven't played much AF or Whirlwind, not enough to get to those modes. Are they similar to Super Payday in Road Show?

Quoted from Kineticross:The Addams Family at least has some charm to it, and "Tour the Mansion" isn't exactly a real wizard mode (more of a large point-earning stack a la Whirlwind's mega cellar bonus).

I haven't played much AF or Whirlwind, not enough to get to those modes. Are they similar to Super Payday in Road Show?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

TSPP
Annoying hurry up music, low quality voice clips. It's a good game still, but it got on my nerves pretty fast.

I bought TSPP NIB when it first came out and everyone was raving about the deep rules. However depth does not equal fun and I just didn't find the game much fun. I always wondered if the code was ever complete as there seemed to be missing sound for some of the animations, like alien invasion and sideshow bob getting shot out of a cannon. Years ago Keith said he was working on an update, but I don't think anything ever happened with that.

Rob

#33 6 years ago

zizzle

#34 6 years ago

All the "your worst" and "your fav" will always generate the exact same list of machines. Each machine out there has someone who thinks it's the end all, and one who would rather see a sledge hammer taken to it.

#35 6 years ago

RFM

Loved the game at first since I really like AFM a lot. I started to bore with how the game pulled you through the modes.
Excellent layout and humor and everything else but it did start to grind on me much sooner than I expected.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Getting the 5x jackpot followed by a super was too easy for ya, huh?

#37 6 years ago

Started to feel this about ACDC last night.

Love the music. Love the Helen mods. Just not overly thrilled to play it anymore.

Would rather play the Metallica that sits next to it.

Weird how you can just suddenly go from thinking you like something to feeling "meh" about it. Maybe it's more common among us pinball fanatics.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Started to feel this about ACDC last night.
Love the music. Love the Helen mods. Just not overly thrilled to play it anymore.
Would rather play the Metallica that sits next to it.

1000000000% Agree!! Even though I may like ACDC music more!

#39 6 years ago

the lack of depth has killed tron for me.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Damn that is one tough ass Super Jack in that game for sure.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Way too easy, easy easy easy, just like my original comment noted - EASY

#43 6 years ago

You know, it's interesting that people will write off games as "too easy" without doing the work of making you have to work for the game.

Standard issue adjustments:
Remove outlane posts/rubbers
Steepen (or even "gasp" lower) the angle of the PF
Fresh Wax
Fresh rubber sets
New flipper rubbers/ Sooper-Bands
Whisper-Tilt (tm) plumb-bob altitude modification
Adjusting software options/rules to mank-nasty difficulty.

Papa style adjustments:
Lightning flippers (most notably on WCS '94 and LotR)
Big Ol' yella rubber baby buggy bumpers on orbit/lane/ramp entrances

Sometimes even Cliffy hole/saucer protectors make a difference in a shot.

Now I'm not saying that people don't do this. I'm just surprised that people don't always explore all the options that they could before writing a game off. Maybe the game isn't boring, maybe it's you?

HA!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Whisper-Tilt (tm) plumb-bob altitude modification

I haven't heard of this and for the life of me I can't find it on Google. Is this a real thing, or is it just a cute name for 'super tight tilt setting'?

#45 6 years ago

I feel your pain. I just responded to someone looking to buy an AC/DC.
This pin was "the pin" for me. Then came Metallica. I just can't get into AC/DC anymore.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I feel your pain. I just responded to someone looking to buy an AC/DC.
This pin was "the pin" for me. Then came Metallica. I just can't get into AC/DC anymore

A lot of this is driven by different personalities. There is a good chance that the next big music pin may put MET in that boat as well.

You see this all the time, some guys buy almost every single new game that comes out, keeps it for a few months then sells to get the next newest thing.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You see this all the time, some guys buy almost every single new game that comes out, keeps it for a few months then sells to get the next newest thing.

I may be turning into this guy.

Had the same 3 pins for years, sold Rocky and Bullwinkle, got rid of Xmen, and now I realize I kind of like turning over the collection (however small it is). (Haven't broken it to her that I'm not feeling it with ACDC anymore.)

My wife is definitely not thrilled with me selling pins I "had" to have.

#48 6 years ago

T-2. just got tired of ramp to ramp to ramp

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

There's a lot to be said about actually being able to hear the audio that leads to an enhanced game experience. A noisy environment doesn't really do a machine much justice. In solid state games, you can miss a lot of the cues for target and mode instructions. Lacking those, I find that I pretty much end up just shooting at things randomly or at whatever happens to be blinking.

#50 6 years ago

Just wondering why it was that you guys turned against AC/DC so fast. And if there's anyone else who feels the same. I had a bug up my ass to get one even though I love the band but hate the artwork. Then something started to bother me. There seemed to be a quick turnaround with a lot of owners...some of whom seemed to be staunch AC/DC fans. And they always seemed to say every reason for selling it besides the fact that they just didn't like it. Personally, I still think it's a great game but for some reason it doesn't have that one more game feel to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 200.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 25.00
Magazines/books
Just Pinball [SOLD OUT]
$ 160.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 125.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 75.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Clara, CA
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hartland, MI
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 45.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Chippewa, PA
$ 88.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside