(Topic ID: 277543)

Ever have a moment with someone?

By RandomGuyOffCL

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5C940361-E8C1-4620-B00E-8CC18C853FB8 (resized).png
    pasted_image.gif
    Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.11.42 PM (resized).png
    A465D62B-2107-4676-BE3D-DDB1816001D9.gif
    terry.gif
    myk.gif
    6B10F61C-F96B-40DA-A7F8-070E55E48E36 (resized).jpeg
    A49087EF-D50F-4D99-A0F4-040C0A7C2A73 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 3 years ago

I call my 7 year-old daughter a "bitch" to her face, but while we are play fighting and in a sarcastic manner only, never in anger. It usually elicits a slap or similar insult from her. In our household, sarcastic insults are the norm (both from and to my kids and me--usually if my wife is swearing, she's actually mad) and swearing is not punished (though discouraged if excessive and gratuitous). It relates to my teaching them to not let words hurt you. If you allow yourself to be offended or affected by words, you give the person saying those words power over you that they don't deserve. If your dad flips you off and calls you a name as a way of showing affection, my theory is that you will be less offended and be able to laugh off a similar offense from someone else. And this hasn't made my 5 kids into little shits. They are all top students and are well liked by their teachers, friends, and friends' parents. There is a lot of fun and love in my house.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-have-a-moment-with-someone?tu=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.