(Topic ID: 277543)

Ever have a moment with someone?

By RandomGuyOffCL

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5C940361-E8C1-4620-B00E-8CC18C853FB8 (resized).png
    pasted_image.gif
    Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.11.42 PM (resized).png
    A465D62B-2107-4676-BE3D-DDB1816001D9.gif
    terry.gif
    myk.gif
    6B10F61C-F96B-40DA-A7F8-070E55E48E36 (resized).jpeg
    A49087EF-D50F-4D99-A0F4-040C0A7C2A73 (resized).jpeg
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

So I was out in this beautiful Ca. air today trimming my tomatoes while deep in thought about things like wtf is Pinside’s conscience, GNR release dates and the mishandling of new pinsiders ideas by grumpy burnt out hobbyists when my 3 yr old came out to present me with a colored picture

Now for context she is a little mega mini bitch on wheels so she’ll probably be a successful leader someday

So I thanked her for the picture and grabbed my staple gun close by to tack onto a post outside...she instantly flew into a rage and started to go off about not wanting it hung.

Now usually I just give a time out for that behavior or control the situation by getting angry back but today I really tried to reason with her by going on about how Dont you want people to see how nice it is and the good job you did.

For once she actually got off her high horse and went into this weird get out trance like state where she just blankly stared at the wall while processing the idea of what I was saying.

Once she snapped out of it she clutched her 2 remaining colorings and said “well I’m not hanging these” before storming off into the house. Few moments later the door opens up as she comes out and politely grabs the stapler saying “daddy, I want to hang these up in my room”

A49087EF-D50F-4D99-A0F4-040C0A7C2A73 (resized).jpegA49087EF-D50F-4D99-A0F4-040C0A7C2A73 (resized).jpeg6B10F61C-F96B-40DA-A7F8-070E55E48E36 (resized).jpeg6B10F61C-F96B-40DA-A7F8-070E55E48E36 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Hmmmm, I've never called or will call my daughter a bitch

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Seriously. Wtf.

#4 3 years ago

Ha the kiddies can be tough. It's hard sometimes, but instead of raging, put some time in teaching her how to actually fucking color something.
    myk.gifmyk.gif

#5 3 years ago

None with my kids like that.

But in youngers days in a bar with a cute college girl, oh yeah I "had a moment". Usually till the following morning.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I don't know if he is trying to be funny with his language but the idea of punishing and dominating a three year old with rage is all kinds of weird. This is the creepiest my daughter colored me a picture story I have ever heard.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I don't know if he is trying to be funny with his language but the idea of punishing and dominating a three year old with rage is all kinds of weird. This is the creepiest my daughter colored me a picture story I have ever heard.

He or She?

#8 3 years ago

young kids, I want what I want, no logic involved

#9 3 years ago

Kids, NO Thank You.

Andrew

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It was just a poor choice of words. I think I get what he was trying to say. Though if you can make it through the teenage years without at least thinking it a few times, good on you...

#11 3 years ago

Hope so, for his daughter

#12 3 years ago

I wonder why she’s a mini bitch...

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Curious if you have kids? His phrasing might not be the most PC, but I know what he is feeling. We have three boys under the age of 13, and it is unreal how different they are. We affectionately refer to the youngest as the spawn of Satan. They all go through phases, but damn if some of those phases bring out the best in a parent...

Also, I don't believe he calls his daughter a mini bitch, I think he is just setting a reference tone for this thread. Based on his description, I imagine his daughter is very strong willed child who knows exactly what she wants.

#14 3 years ago

Came into this thread expecting one of those stories where you look at somebody and both of you are thinking the same thing, and you both know it, and not a word is said.

Instead, um.

#15 3 years ago

I realized today that I want to go back to working in an office building surrounded by adults. Being around the wife and three daughters 100% of the time isn't right. Too much time spent around self centered jerks (kids), really brings out the worst in all of us.

This feels like a win. Dad makes a valid point, daughter gains a new perspective while still treating her dad like a second rate citizen.

#adulting

#16 3 years ago

Funny how people blast their wives and no one bats an eye, but as soon as someone blasts their kid, now the judgment and questions come out.

Funny how that works.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Curious if you have kids? His phrasing might not be the most PC, but I know what he is feeling. We have three boys under the age of 13, and it is unreal how different they are. We affectionately refer to the youngest as the spawn of Satan. They all go through phases, but damn if some of those phases bring out the best in a parent...
    Also, I don't believe he calls his daughter a mini bitch, I think he is just setting a reference tone for this thread. Based on his description, I imagine his daughter is very strong willed child who knows exactly what she wants.

I do, a 2.5 year old girl and another on the way. I know what he means, my daughter is a little diva too. The bitch part didn’t bother me as much as other parts of the post. Maybe the OP just doesn’t have a great way with words.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Funny how people blast their wives and no one bats an eye, but as soon as someone blasts their kid, now the judgment and questions come out.
    Funny how that works.

Really? A 3 year old kid can be judged equivalently to a an adult woman in your mind?

#19 3 years ago

Anyone who has kids and says they never want to strangle the little fuckers is a liar.

#20 3 years ago

Finally, we have a Pinside child abuse thread. Wonderful.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Anyone who has kids and says they never want to strangle the little fuckers is a liar.

That's why they make them super cute.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Guess I'm a liar.

When my daughter was a child there were a couple of challenges, especially during her teen years.

The thought of calling her a bitch or wanted to "strangle the little fucker" never entered my mind.

...and no, I'm not ultra sensitive or easily offended. The thought just seems foreign to me, especially for a sweet 3 year old.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Guess I'm a liar.
    When my daughter was a child there were a couple of challenges, especially during her teen years.

While children at times will be difficult, keep thinking that you will get even as a grandparent. It's working for me. Granddaughter is 11.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

While your children at times will be difficult, keep thinking that you will get even as a grandparent. It's working for me. Granddaughter is 11.

I'm already there. I love being a Grandparent!

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I do, a 2.5 year old girl and another on the way. I know what he means, my daughter is a little diva too. The bitch part didn’t bother me as much as other parts of the post. Maybe the OP just doesn’t have a great way with words.

Yes and yes. Not sure why people are reading so literal into it. Even an accusation of child abuse. JFC.

I think he takes pride in his daughters attitude by describing it that way.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

While your children at times will be difficult, keep thinking that you will get even as a grandparent. It's working for me. Granddaughter is 11.

Can confirm... All of the grandparents love taking our kids out for the day and returning them loaded up on sugar, some weird stains on their clothes (I hope its mud), and about two hours past their bedtime. I can't even complain because I got the whole day to myself while they had them, and instead of doing something I planned to do, I wasted it watching random crap on tv, because the tv wasn't being occupied by my kids watching Youtube on it.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Head on over to the JJP thread where just yesterday one Pinsider decided that since 5.6 million people went to the last GNR tour, there are probably 5.6 million pedophiles, so we should get a pedo themed pin some day.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

Yes and yes. Not sure why people are reading so literal into it. Even an accusation of child abuse. JFC.
    I think he takes pride in his daughters attitude by describing it that way.

Might be a generational thing.

My parents taught me early that there we're certain words you never use to describe someone. (race/religion/gender, etc.) "Bitch" was one of them.

My father was an old school guy from Sicily who had two rules. A man works to provide for his family and is never disrespectful to women.

Having said that, I have no doubt that the OP is a good guy and a good parent.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

You're getting caught up in semantics and language. I don't actually strangle my kid.

#30 3 years ago

Don't be to consumed with GNR release dates. Enjoy the creative moments.

#31 3 years ago
    terry.gifterry.gif
    #32 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I will take a stab at this.

He is probably divorced to his daughter's mother and Mom is the "bitch on wheels".

So, if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, the young one is "mini bitch on wheels". I think it's funny, which is exactly the way the O.P. wanted it to be comprehended.

Either way, I see no issue with his description. Doesn't mean he calls her that to her face, doesn't mean he doesn't love his daughter, doesn't mean it's child abuse. Some of you really need to get over yourselves.

#33 3 years ago

My ocd is kicking in seeing a staple in the dry wall...that’s just me having a moment with myself

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

My ocd is kicking in seeing a staple in the dry wall...

Sounds like it was almost her hand stapled to the wall, that would have really got to you.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

My ocd is kicking in seeing a staple in the dry wall...that’s just me having a moment with myself

same here, I freaked when I saw that.

#36 3 years ago

Could be worse, she could be a c*nt...

#37 3 years ago

For those who are melting away...

Punishment=a time out or something

Dominating by raging back=Raising my voice and yelling at her to not talk to us like that

Shes probably such a Little monster because we’ve never gotten physical with her. She’s just too damn cute to spank.

Still married after 18 years...can you imagine dealing with me for 18 years?

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Shes probably such a Little monster because we’ve never gotten physical with her. She’s just too damn cute to spank

That is by design. That is nature's way of keeping us from self destructing.
    +1 on the Avatar Change
    -1 on the use of a staple in the wall (Every good parent knows you give your kids a roll of duct tape and trust their ability to use it sparingly)

#39 3 years ago

dude if you have teenagers and never once thought, "if i was 30 years younger i would punch you in the mouth" your full of shit

#40 3 years ago

Spanking only proves that a parent can't handle their children and is all about fear.

I never once went to my room after a spanking and thought...

"Ya know what, dad was right...i was disrespectful and need to learn from this"

It was more like "eff you, you're a monster and i hope you die"

The reason people think about punching their teenage kids, is because they see themselves in their children.

Your children become what they see everyday from you.

#41 3 years ago

This place crushes my brain sometimes, thumbs up for the concept of if only I beat her she would be better behaved, really?! I yelled at my children as teenagers a couple of times and felt like a complete piece of shit as a human being and failure as a parent. Everyone makes mistakes and my kids were a dream. I fault no parent for moments of weakness and failure but that should not be the norm. Raising your voice and yelling at a 3 year old is not good.

#42 3 years ago

Thanks everybody for my daily confirmation of why I dont have any kids (that I know of).

#43 3 years ago

Holy shit there are definitely some interesting thoughts in this thread. Here is what I am going to go with- Do what works. If a nice quiet verbal redirection works, awesome. If you have to chap an ass with your hand, so be it.

I have spanked my 6 year old's ass more times than my 12 year old and 9 year old's combined. Everyone is wired different. The older two may have been spanked once or twice in their entire existence, the third one is just a straight up knock down brawler. For him, if it is within reaching distance, it is fair game to become an airborne object. There have been times where I have had to lay down on the ground with him and restrain him by holding his forearms so he can't move and hurt someone or himself. That all being said, verbal redirects, timeouts, etc. were always employed first, and when they don't work, there is a process of escalation. Of course I want the verbal redirects to work, but when they don't there has to be a plan B,C, and D, and it has to be consistent.

Some of this behavior is age related, and some of it is how he is wired. The physical actions he takes are not a learned behavior. He doesnt watch it on tv, and we don't implement it in our house. He just recently turned 6, and maturity wise in the last 6 weeks he has turned a major corner. Not a single redirect to his room, and definitely not any physical redirecting either. So I am hoping we have gone through the rough stretch with him, and it becomes a little smoother sailing.

Again, it is crazy how different the behaviors of all three of my sons are. We are the same parents with the same expectations for all three, but they are worlds apart on some of their behaviors. The things that are teachable are all the same though- Manners, respect, hygiene, school expectations, etc.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Thanks everybody for my daily confirmation of why I dont have any kids (that I know of).

They definitely aren't for everyone, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. Just spending time with them, and watching them learn new things, and participating in those new things is awesome.

A game I like to play in our house is "my" and "yours".

A conversation with my wife- "Your kids are arguing again, you should go handle that". "My kids don't argue, so it isn't my problem".

That's a game I feel like is really fun, but somehow I always end up on the losing side.

#45 3 years ago

The problem is we are human and we think of our parents as super human.

If you're lucky it's not until later in life that you realize they aren't.

#46 3 years ago

My boys are LITTLE SHITS and I’ll repeat that until the day I die

But I wouldn’t want to be in a world without them

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

some deviant jerking off to it

Ewe...I didn’t think people like that were on pinside

#48 3 years ago

What should I do? She’s out of control...here is video evidence of mega mini in action

Sweep the leg, Cobra Kai.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I never wanted any kids myself.

I can say growing up though, I never was yelled at, never spanked, and never cussed at.

Instead for me it was always a hickory switch.

I grew wise to that in a hurry. When I messed up I would run put on about 4 pair of pajamas under my pants, and I never felt a switch hit again. I just listened for the noise to know when to yell.

I learned very early how to be careful about not getting caught.

I even used a small mirror to look into windows using the sunlight to see if any parents were watching before me and my friends would pull something.

My Mom still laughs about she got so tired of getting blinded by me.

#50 3 years ago

What should I do? She’s out of control...here is video evidence of mega mini in action

That's nothing. I have a 4 year old grandson. He's gotten better over the last year but there have been times I've threatened to throw him out the window.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-have-a-moment-with-someone?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.