(Topic ID: 277543)

Ever have a moment with someone?

By RandomGuyOffCL

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5C940361-E8C1-4620-B00E-8CC18C853FB8 (resized).png
    pasted_image.gif
    Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.11.42 PM (resized).png
    A465D62B-2107-4676-BE3D-DDB1816001D9.gif
    terry.gif
    myk.gif
    6B10F61C-F96B-40DA-A7F8-070E55E48E36 (resized).jpeg
    A49087EF-D50F-4D99-A0F4-040C0A7C2A73 (resized).jpeg
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

What should I do? She’s out of control...here is video evidence of mega mini in action

Lol

Yeah I’ve got 3 girls much older

I remember those days

My oldest daughter is 26 now. A successful CFP at Vanguard who just
    Bought her first house.

She’s can be a “bitch”. Full blown

Doesn’t mean we don’t love em to death. Some days it’s just harder to feel that love.

Middle girl is an angel. Youngest one is a combo

Amazing the differences in all 3

It’s almost like I see my oldest in your girl there. Good luck lol

#52 3 years ago

I call my 7 year-old daughter a "bitch" to her face, but while we are play fighting and in a sarcastic manner only, never in anger. It usually elicits a slap or similar insult from her. In our household, sarcastic insults are the norm (both from and to my kids and me--usually if my wife is swearing, she's actually mad) and swearing is not punished (though discouraged if excessive and gratuitous). It relates to my teaching them to not let words hurt you. If you allow yourself to be offended or affected by words, you give the person saying those words power over you that they don't deserve. If your dad flips you off and calls you a name as a way of showing affection, my theory is that you will be less offended and be able to laugh off a similar offense from someone else. And this hasn't made my 5 kids into little shits. They are all top students and are well liked by their teachers, friends, and friends' parents. There is a lot of fun and love in my house.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

This place crushes my brain sometimes, thumbs up for the concept of if only I beat her she would be better behaved, really?! I yelled at my children as teenagers a couple of times and felt like a complete piece of shit as a human being and failure as a parent. Everyone makes mistakes and my kids were a dream. I fault no parent for moments of weakness and failure but that should not be the norm. Raising your voice and yelling at a 3 year old is not good.

My mom screamed at me once and called me a "shithead" for tracking mud into the house. It was pretty traumatic!!!

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

My ocd is kicking in seeing a staple in the dry wall...that’s just me having a moment with myself

Same here

#55 3 years ago

What should I do? She’s out of control...here is video evidence of mega mini in action

A child addressing a parent like that is unacceptable and recording it is sending her the wrong signals. I wouldn't normally offer that opinion, but you did ask.

#56 3 years ago

The thing about kids is that you think you know how to raise them...until you have them. Then all of your preconceived notions of parenthood goes out the window. Like Ralph, I would not trade them for anything in the world.

I have three and love them to death. Sure there are times when they drive me nuts, but I committed to myself years ago that I would love them unconditionally. Having said all that, the one that has taught me more about the world, society, life, and myself is my youngest who is Autistic. Having a child who has special needs takes your ship in a completely different direction to where you thought you were going.

#57 3 years ago

Before reading thread:
    “A moment with someone? I bet this is good!” (Click)

After reading thread:

A465D62B-2107-4676-BE3D-DDB1816001D9.gifA465D62B-2107-4676-BE3D-DDB1816001D9.gif
    #58 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Before reading thread:
    “A moment with someone? I bet this is good!” (Click)
    After reading thread:[quoted image]

Thanks...I try my best to bring the boys to the yard

I will have to admit the video was staged however...I told her to act mad and slam the door...and man she sold it...a star is born

#59 3 years ago

I will have to admit the video was staged however...I told her to act mad and slam the door...and man she sold it...a star is born

I bet she didn't even color those pictures either. You only using blue was the giveaway.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I bet she didn't even color those pictures either. You only using blue was the giveaway.

And there in lies the mystery of RGOCL...aka Mr. Serious

#61 3 years ago

That's pathetic dude....

#62 3 years ago

Yeah, kids are crazy. I have 2 girls 2 years apart. First one, completely reasonable like I mean at 2-3 y.o. you could REASON with her. #2, great baby complete nightmare as a toddler. All of you giving the OP shit have probably never had their face literally scratched by a 3 y.o's nails trying to strap them into a car seat at 6:30am after fighting for 20 minutes about what fucking socks to wear THAT SHE PICKED OUT HERSELF LAST NIGHT!

Anyway, never needed to spank #1 for anything, #2 got a WOOO, paint stirrer a few times to get her attention when she was having a tantrum (still holes in the wall from door slamming), it's made out of balsa wood FFS. Amazingly, at like 3 years and 9 months and 13 days she flipped into a fantastic human being. Go figure...they are now 12 and 14 so we'll see.

#63 3 years ago

Hope for you she never googles "paris hilton"...

#64 3 years ago

This thread is weird. I would never post a video of my kid. Whatever works for you I guess.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

This thread is weird. I would never post a video of my kid. Whatever works for you I guess.

I always fear there will be some deviant jerking off to it for sure, so yeah, don't post pics/vids of your kids on the internet.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I always fear there will be some deviant jerking off to it for sure, so yeah, don't post pics/vids of your kids on the internet.

That seems like an unnatural fear for someone named Mcluvin....

#67 3 years ago

All this helicopter parenting you guys are talking about is why I see 20-somethings showing up with their mothers to job interviews.

Maybe you should worry less about predators and more about equipping then to live their lives.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Curious if you have kids? His phrasing might not be the most PC, but I know what he is feeling. We have three boys under the age of 13, and it is unreal how different they are. We affectionately refer to the youngest as the spawn of Satan. They all go through phases, but damn if some of those phases bring out the best in a parent...
    Also, I don't believe he calls his daughter a mini bitch, I think he is just setting a reference tone for this thread. Based on his description, I imagine his daughter is very strong willed child who knows exactly what she wants.

Or think she knows what she wants.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

All this helicopter parenting you guys are talking about is why I see 20-somethings showing up with their mothers to job interviews.
    Maybe you should worry less about predators and more about equipping then to live their lives.

Ya, my kids best friends are mr Smith and Mr wesson

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

100% man.

I fired a guy that was 26 and still living at home. When he was late for the 2nd day in a row of almost 90 minutes, I rolled his tool box out in the parking lot. I kid you not, his mother called me to plead for his job. When I told her I was running an automotive business with expectations and not a babysitting service, I got called an asshole and hung up on. This happened 60 days ago.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That seems like an unnatural fear for someone named Mcluvin....

Rest assured, my kids do not know me by that name. It's just a great character from a great movie.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hmmmm, I've never called or will call my daughter a bitch

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Might be a generational thing.
    My parents taught me early that there we're certain words you never use to describe someone. (race/religion/gender, etc.) "Bitch" was one of them.
    My father was an old school guy from Sicily who had two rules. A man works to provide for his family and is never disrespectful to women.
    Having said that, I have no doubt that the OP is a good guy and a good parent.

Yes generational. That word is used so loosely now and can be said on the radio. Hell, just saw this on "Today's Deals" on Amazon a few minutes ago.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.11.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 7.11.42 PM (resized).png

#73 3 years ago
    pasted_image.gifpasted_image.gif
    #74 3 years ago

Pinside made me this way...

5C940361-E8C1-4620-B00E-8CC18C853FB8 (resized).png5C940361-E8C1-4620-B00E-8CC18C853FB8 (resized).png
    #75 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yes generational. That word is used so loosely now and can be said on the radio. Hell, just saw this on "Today's Deals" on Amazon a few minutes ago.
    [quoted image]

I dont care if its generational or not. I simply said I would never call my daughter that. Especially at 3 yrs old. I guess I was just raised right, 60 yrs ago

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

Yes and yes. Not sure why people are reading so literal into it. Even an accusation of child abuse. JFC.
    I think he takes pride in his daughters attitude by describing it that way.

No doubt. My little girl (20) is a self proclaimed bitch that was (and is) a handful, but I have no doubt that she’s going to rule the world some day. Good for you honey, you go bitch.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

100% man.
    I fired a guy that was 26 and still living at home. When he was late for the 2nd day in a row of almost 90 minutes, I rolled his tool box out in the parking lot. I kid you not, his mother called me to plead for his job. When I told her I was running an automotive business with expectations and not a babysitting service, I got called an asshole and hung up on. This happened 60 days ago.

went to a dinner party a few years back at a friends house..my friends wife got up to cut the meat for a 14 year old with no disability and make his dinner plate up..later during the meal this kid tapped on his glass with a spoon and his mom jumped up to fill his glass..i comment that i had not seen that shit since i watched king Arthur the movie..the rest of the dinner was stone cold silence

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

went to a dinner party a few years back at a friends house..my friends wife got up to cut the meat for a 14 year old with no disability and make his dinner plate up..later during the meal this kid tapped on his glass with a spoon and his mom jumped up to fill his glass..i comment that i had not seen that shit since i watched king Arthur the movie..the rest of the dinner was stone cold silence

That bitch is in check!

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

WOW that's insane, feel sorry for his future wife...

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

That kid is going to end up drug addicted at an early age and the mom will be buying him whatever he wants.

Once he dies, again at an early age, the mom will be devastated and wonder where the kid went wrong.

She will have no clue.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hmmmm, I've never called or will call my daughter a bitch

i think it's admirable that you find it disrespectful to call you daughter, or possibly any woman a "Bitch", so you don't ever do it. You should uphold your values and practice them without fail. And it's even fine that you find it necessary to state that. The issue for me is the finger waving you display following your comment, both in tone and w an emoji for clarification. In some families it's a term of endearment, for when someone's being sassy. Doesn't mean you have to do it, or like it. But really what's worse?.. calling your daughter a "Bitch" as a term of endearment, or judging a stranger's parenting because they do something you wouldn't do?

wait, don't answer that. it's rhetorical.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Head on over to the JJP thread where just yesterday one Pinsider decided that since 5.6 million people went to the last GNR tour, there are probably 5.6 million pedophiles, so we should get a pedo themed pin some day.

Read this too WTF!

#83 3 years ago

You shouldn't spank your kids...My mother spanked me once, ONCE..

#84 3 years ago

i think it's admirable that you find it disrespectful to call you daughter, or possibly any woman a "Bitch", so you don't ever do it. You should uphold your values and practice them without fail. And it's even fine that you find it necessary to state that. The issue for me is the finger waving you display following your comment, both in tone and w an emoji for clarification. In some families it's a term of endearment, for when someone's being sassy. Doesn't mean you have to do it, or like it. But really what's worse?.. calling your daughter a "Bitch" as a term of endearment, or judging a stranger's parenting because they do something you wouldn't do?
    wait, don't answer that. it's

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont care if its generational or not. I simply said I would never call my daughter that. Especially at 3 yrs old. I guess I was just raised right, 60 yrs ago

He didn't call her a bitch to her. It was written on what was supposed to be a funny post. Sheesh.

Maybe if she logs into Pinside in 10 yrs she'll get upset.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

You got it right, pure shit!

#87 3 years ago

He didn't call her a bitch to her. It was written on what was supposed to be a funny post. Sheesh.
    Maybe if she logs

#88 3 years ago

I think with any thread or topic on this site you got the more relaxed people who will see the funny side of this topic and probably are in similar situations then you get the people with slightly tighter morals that have issues with it no matter what you post on this site someone will disagree or be offended.

#89 3 years ago

Why is it the people who complain the most about "these kids, today", are there ones raising "these kids, today"?

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-have-a-moment-with-someone/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.