(Topic ID: 97789)

Ever have a ball DISAPPEAR while playing your game?

By frolic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pintucky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

batman-dark-knight-joker-magic-trick-movie-poster-GBfp3091[1].jpg
#1 9 years ago

Was just playing my BDK, Joker Multiball. Was aware that 3 balls had become 2 without me seeing a ball drain. Then when I was down to 1, the multiball was still running. I let that ball drain, and the mode ended but game kept playing. I started to peek through the glass trying to spot it while the ball search began to kick in. Ball search found nothing, I saw nothing.

I then started to shake the game, and tilted it out, but nothing was loose.

I popped the glass, looked around, then popped the playfield up. 3 balls in the trough. I then began a THOROUGH search including the cabinet to see if the ball fell through. No ball anywhere! I searched and searched and searched. Ended up having to add a new ball to the game!

Ever happen to anyone else?

#2 9 years ago

I've bought games where a ball was living under a playfield plastic; obviously lost to the previous owner.

#3 9 years ago

It's in there. Look harder, probably wedged under a plastic...

#4 9 years ago

"Enter the Twilight Zone."

On a multiball play once the ball did not launch. The pin lost count of the balls in the trough. It continued to play in multiball with one ball. When the ball drained, the pin did a ball search. Then I had to turn it off. Damn opto's.

Chances are the ball is jammed under something. Use a bright light, to search for it. It could also be stuck by a magnet.

#5 9 years ago

sometimes on my JP the ball will fall out when T rex eats it and fall into the bottom of the cabinet. like 1 outta 200. I opened up the game and cant figure out how the hell that can happen.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

3 balls in the trough.

Did you lift up the apron to see if any came out of the trough? Had that happen to F-14 once.

#7 9 years ago

batman-dark-knight-joker-magic-trick-movie-poster-GBfp3091[1].jpgbatman-dark-knight-joker-magic-trick-movie-poster-GBfp3091[1].jpg

#8 9 years ago

It will show up ... it may be a long time, but it'll show up. Likely next time you shop the game.

My favorite "ball has vanished" finds, right in visible view, but took a LONG time to actually spot ...

1) WMS Indiana Jones ... ball vanished ... looked, looked, looked ... finally spotted it in between the biplane's wings.
2) Twilight Zone ... ball vanished, looked looked looked, then tried to take the glass off and couldn't. Ball was atop the left ball return wire rail exit. When you tried to move the glass, the ball rolled and pinched the glass.
3) Twilight Zone ... ball vanished, never found it. Next shop job, it "reappeared" behind the right-side powerfield sign.

#9 9 years ago

*read the title and immediately thought of ToM* ; D

#10 9 years ago

I've had a ball get stuck behind the slingshot on MM. I wouldn't have believed it was possible unless I had watched it happen

#11 9 years ago

See if is next to the scarecrow figure

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

See if is next to the scarecrow figure

yup. wedged between scarecrow and the crane. spotted it when playing the game again. Mystery solved .

#13 9 years ago

I had a ball literally vanish before my eyes on my TNG.

It disappeared under the right (IIRC) sling during multiball. I don't know how it snuck under there, but it did after some magic combination of slingshot activation and richochet with another ball.

If I had not see it happen I would have been looking for it for quite some time (assuming it was lost in the subway system or ?...).

#14 9 years ago

During the VFW Showcase about two months ago, there were three cases of disappearing balls that I was aware of. Amazing how they can suddenly hide on a player.

#15 9 years ago

Yesterday, a customer was playing my SWDE….I was having a beer at the bar and I heard the machine keep doing a ball search. Intrigued, I went to see what was up. The gentleman said that during tri-ball a ball had disappeared. We searched, nudged and nothing came out. Finally found it...The ball had gotten stuck up inside R2-D2's head….so weird!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It's in there. Look harder, probably wedged under a plastic...

Not always. I shared this but was playing my old RFM. When shooting at the saucer I hit right side standing target and the ball slow rolled to the top edge of the PF ramp. It was in up position and the ball found a way to go through this backside and fall into the cabinet.....

So much for multiball.

#17 9 years ago

I had one to disappear in my WOZ. Found it months later nested in some cables under the mini-castle playfield. From where it was, it seemed totally impossible to have hopped up there! Probably couldn't happen again in a million years!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-have-a-ball-disappear-while-playing-your-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.