(Topic ID: 93727)

Ever had the same pinball more than once?

By Skyemont

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Wamprat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-481.jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Have you ever had the same pinball title more than once and just could not get into it and sold it again. Its happened to me several times. I have had TOTAN twice and twice she is gone from my collection. I just can't get into that pin. I was wondering what you guys have had, got it again to give it a second chance and just could not like it enough to stay..

#2 9 years ago

I've had TSPP twice, and it's gone. Maybe one day it will come back. Who knows. TSPP, the game I love to have and then love to get rid of.

-Wes

#3 9 years ago

I've had the same title more than once (several times) but have never re-purchased an exact machine I have sold earlier. Never even had the opportunity.

#4 9 years ago

Pinball magic.
    Had it , loved it, got bored , never played , got rid of , missed it , got back....repeat

Never exchanged money though ... Only trades

#5 9 years ago

If a game shows up in my house a second time, it's probably a keeper. I probably won't buy it again unless that is true.

I might make an exception for that if I find an old friend really cheap, but for the most part once they leave I've played all I want on it. (Or I have the replacement "upgrade" lined up).

#6 9 years ago

The ones i can remember having twice and are gone again are:

TOTAN / LOTR / POTC / Diner / CFTBL / DH / and Popeye.

#7 9 years ago

only one scared stiff now it's here to stay

#8 9 years ago

I've had several Black Hole, Genie and Sinbad pins. These are games I really like and
    tend to buy project games, when they show up, to fix up and pass on to others. Had a couple of Wms
    Flash pins which I never got into.
    Steve

#9 9 years ago

I used to think that was just plain weird. But I have owned T2 three times, NGG twice and LAH twice.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

I've had TSPP twice, and it's gone. Maybe one day it will come back. Who knows. TSPP, the game I love to have and then love to get rid of.
    -Wes

I just got my second one. Don't know....feels like I am just banging balls around. Love the art and sounds, but I think I am selling it which will be the second time I've done that. Too many WMS games I would rather use the space for.

#11 9 years ago

Ironman, bought it and sold it with in a month then couldn't stop thinking about it and the one I have now will never leave.

#12 9 years ago

BSD 3 times TOM 2 times JM 2 times

#13 9 years ago

RCT -2 gone, want again
    SM-3 gone dont want again
    DM-2 own now
    ES-2 gone, would take again
    STTNG -2 own now
    NF-2 gone, dont want again
    IM -2 own now not leaving any time soon.

#14 9 years ago

Ngg x 3
    Tz x 2
    Rs x 2
    Unless I'm forgetting something it's all lawlor games

#15 9 years ago

I've been through two Indiana Jones and just bought my second Theatre of Magic.
    I love the IJ theme but seem to get bored of it rather quickly, I don't think I'll revisit that one again.
    TOM is back because the wife loves it and a happy wife is a good thing.

#16 9 years ago

Pinbot and Bally Strikes and Spares - for each title, I bought a nice one, then found a better example. I still have the Pinbot and the best two S&S

SWE1 - bought the entire machine NIB, then decided I only "needed" a kit (since I had a NIB RFM), so sold the full machine. Subsequently sold the SWE1 kit.

Haunted House. Sold mine 8 months ago because my wife didn't want any wide body machines. Bought it back from the person I sold it to a couple of months ago because she missed the game. Great leverage for me, because, despite having purchased an STLE and a THLE preorder, the last game we've bought was the HH she wanted ...

#17 9 years ago

3 fathoms, 2 Earthshakers, 2 FGY's, 3 F14s (the same one!)

#18 9 years ago

4 LotR
    3 TSPP
    3 SSTIF
    3 FT
    3 CV
    3 WH2O same one 3 times.
    2 T3
    2 TAF
    2 STTNG
    2 Rollergames same one twice.

Still have one of the T3s all the others are gone.

#19 9 years ago

I had 4 NGGs simultaneously for a time. I still have 3 NBAFBs, but one's at a buddy's house.

#20 9 years ago

Paging ralphwiggum.

#21 9 years ago

These are all back in for Round 2:

Shadow
    Demolition Man
    Johnny Mnemonic
    X-Men Pro <-- this one might happen this weekend, a friend made me an offer I don't think I can refuse.

The only other game I have owned more then once and gone now is TSPP. There are a few games I wouldn't mind having back again like WH20, CV and JD.

#22 9 years ago

TSPP & EK next CV

#23 9 years ago

I am thinking of buying the exact machine i sold to a buddy back for what i sold it for. Does that count?

#24 9 years ago

Where's BlackRose?
    ..I'm sure he has a huge list..

#25 9 years ago

RFM. I would not say that "I just can't get into it" though. Its just a better game in my memory than it is in reality, I think. Maybe I just need to buy it one more time to get it right though.

#26 9 years ago

2 FT
    2 TZ
    2 STTNG
    2 Taxi
    2 Whirlwind
    2 Whitewater
    2 Flash Gordon

I still own a WW, WH20, and FG and want to own a STTNG and Taxi again.

#27 9 years ago

STTNG. Pimped it out the first time, totally shopped it out, went the whole nine yards short of powdercoating....sold it....made a 2k+ profit on it even after all the parts and supplies. Wife was pissed, despite that. We went about a year without it, I had a chance to get it back. Worked about 240 hours in 3 weeks to pay for it (paid a lot more second time around, but TOTALLY worth it, for what we got with it....), and we now have a standing rule that if it comes back in the house for round 2, it's a permanent add. We intend to have a lot more space at some point in the future, so if we end up with 4 permanent games and out of space for the time being all the better.

#28 9 years ago

I've had at least 20 Bally Eight Ball Deluxe pins but never the same one twice.

What do all you guys do? Hunt-down the people you sold pins to and buy them back?

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I've had at least 20 Bally Eight Ball Deluxe pins but never the same one twice.
    What do all you guys do? Hunt-down the people you sold pins to and buy them back?

GPS tracking device.

#30 9 years ago

If I find an Upgrade of a machine I want to have permanently in my collection I will buy as many as possible to have the best one I can find.

#31 9 years ago

I've only owned TZ more than once. Looking at possibly picking it up again for the third time.

#32 9 years ago

I have owned the exact same JD 3 times...and I miss it this time too

#33 9 years ago

I think there are many reasons we have all owned many pins 2, 3 or more times. Never for me has it been a money issue. Its always been i just don't like it. I wanted too but just could not. Some it could be a space issue. U want to try a different pin so u get rid of one realizing it was a mistake. Out of the pinballs i own, i don't think i want any of them to leave. I have TAFG, AFM, Congo, SS, TZ and WH2O. A friend came over Saturday and stayed until 2 am drinking and playing pinball. Out of these i have, SS was the king of the night. He could not get enough..

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I think there are many reasons we have all owned many pins 2, 3 or more times. Never for me has it been a money issue. Its always been i just don't like it. I wanted too but just could not. Some it could be a space issue. U want to try a different pin so u get rid of one realizing it was a mistake. Out of the pinballs i own, i don't think i want any of them to leave. I have TAFG, AFM, Congo, SS, TZ and WH2O. A friend came over Saturday and stayed until 2 am drinking and playing pinball. Out of these i have, SS was the king of the night. He could not get enough..

Why do the people sell them back to you?

Do you buy them back for more money than you originally sold them for?

Why not just buy the same title from somewhere else? Is it sentimental value?

#35 9 years ago

Road Show. In, out... in, out. Not on the wish list right now.

#36 9 years ago

Yep!

2x STTNG - gone
    2x WCS - still have 1 in the collection
    2x WhiteWater - would get a 3rd
    3x Blackout - fun game but easy to beat
    2x Bobby Orr Power Play - Gorgeous when restored, sold due to space
    2x BSD - brutal fun would own another someday
    3x T2 - awesome game but easy to master
    2x Fathom - this one will never leave
    2x Mystic - challenging game probably needs 7 digit scoring mod to stay long term
    2x Whirlwind - great game, would own another
    2x Embryon - Combined two to make one awesome game - the other is now on location

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

2 FT
    2 TZ
    2 STTNG
    2 Taxi
    2 Whirlwind
    2 Whitewater
    2 Flash Gordon
    I still own a WW, WH20, and FG and want to own a STTNG and Taxi again.

Quoted from Xenon75:

Yep!
    2x STTNG - gone
    2x WCS - still have 1 in the collection
    2x WhiteWater - would get a 3rd
    3x Blackout - fun game but easy to beat
    2x Bobby Orr Power Play - Gorgeous when restored, sold due to space
    2x BSD - brutal fun would own another someday
    3x T2 - awesome game but easy to master
    2x Fathom - this one will never leave
    2x Mystic - challenging game probably needs 7 digit scoring mod to stay long term
    2x Whirlwind - great game, would own another
    2x Embryon - Combined two to make one awesome game - the other is now on location

..and one big WTF??? Oh, I am so NOT buying games fast enough! (Are either of you guys still married?)

#38 9 years ago

3 x King of Diamonds - 1 remains
    2 x Addams - both gone
    2 x Corvette - both gone
    2 x Ripleys - both gone
    2 x Bram Stoker's Dracula - 1 remains
    2 x NGG - both gone
    2 x Monopoly - both gone
    2 x Sea Wolf - 1 remains
    2 x Gusher - 1 recently returned
    2 x Criss Cross - one remains, the original is in Mr. Lankar's museum in Paris

Been doing this way too long.
    Harry Irvin

#39 9 years ago

Amount of available space forced much of the turnover

Kept One of each -
    AFM x 2
    BSD x 3
    SM x 2
    TAF x 2
    TRON x 2
    TZ x 2

All are Gone -
    BK x 2
    CFTBL x 2
    Embryon x 2
    Fathom x 3
    FH x 5
    Grand Lizard
    SS x 2
    TOM x 2
    TOTAN x 2
    TS x 3
    WH20 x 4

#40 9 years ago

how about at the same time? 2 doctor whos, 2 fathoms, 2 whitewaters, 2 fires, 2 high speeds, almost 2 sttngs, (ones in need of serious repair, but I have most of it...) might have another pair...

#41 9 years ago

7 Eight Ball
    3 High Speed
    2 Elektra
    2 Secret Service
    2 Torpedo Alley
    2 Space Shuttle
    2 F-14 TOMCAT

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Why do the people sell them back to you?
    Do you buy them back for more money than you originally sold them for?
    Why not just buy the same title from somewhere else? Is it sentimental value?

These are not people selling them back to me. I just found them again on CL or where ever and wanted to try to like them again. The only pinball i have gotten back from a guy was WH20. Well it really was a trade for a pinball i had and then after a few months he wanted to sell it to me so i got it back.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Paging ralphwiggum.

LOL.... Rather than make a long running list I will keep it short... there are only THREE machines I have bought back that were the exact same machine (not just same title)... Same title? That is a looonnnggg list.... What can I say, if it is a good deal, who am I to say no, that would be rude.

Exact same machines-
    Space Shuttle, FishTales, and Whitewater.

#44 9 years ago

JP twice but don't see it ever coming back. I sold a Fish Tales and really regret it. I will probably get that one twice also

#45 9 years ago

SST twice and F14 twice.

#47 9 years ago

Xenon x2 (would get a nice one some day)
    Paragon x 3 (would love a nice one some day)
    Space Invaders x2 (don't really want one)
    TAF x2 (maybe again...)
    T3 x2 (never again)
    RFM x2 (still have one)
    CV x2 (still have one)
    CFTBL x2 (still have one, but maybe not for long)
    BSD x2 (still have one)

I think with me, the big test is having one, then it goes. Then I have sellers' remorse and I wind up rushing to get one back. And on the second round is when I get a chance to think about if I really like the machine after what I look at like a trial separation period

#48 9 years ago

I kept purchasing more williams joust machines until I found a really nice one that I wanted to keep (had 3 at one point in time)

#49 9 years ago

Only pins I've owned more than once were GnR and BSD (2x/ea.). Both were moved due to space constraints. If I had more room, I'd welcome them both back.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Never lol

image-481.jpg 224 KB

Nice. I would love to have a MB and a MM. I have pinballs to trade.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-had-the-same-pinball-more-than-once and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.