(Topic ID: 275697)

ever had a WPC95 game that blew a -lot- of lamps?

By htroberts

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have a WPC95 game that seems to have ten dead lamps (555s) every time I turn it on. I don’t know whether I’m replacing the same ones over, or if I just haven’t made it through the originals yet.

I’ve thought about either just replacing all of them proactively, or keeping a log, but haven’t done either.

#2 3 years ago

Need more details.

What game specifically? GI bulbs? Certain color of GI string?

#3 3 years ago

I was surprised how short of life i got from incandescent bulbs in a WPC89 game (drac). Within 15 months of home use, not turned all that much really, I had many GI blackening and burning out. Drac blinks the GI a lot. Not sure if that causes added stress compared to a game that just leaves the lamp on all the time. I just put frosted warm white LEDs in it after a bunch burned out before the 2 year mark of light home use. For an operator where the game is on all day it would be a nightmare to have all the bulbs burn out that fast.

There as been speculation the new made incandescent lamps have crap life compared to the old manufactured ones. Bulbs used where the made in china ones that come in the white mostly unbranded box of 100pcs with the cardboard crossing separators. Not sure if Eiko ones are any better.

#4 3 years ago

Are any fuses blown or keep blowing?

If the bulbs keep blowing in the same spot, there could be a short. Possibly coil voltage touching a string of lamps.

#5 3 years ago

Check a socket that has a burnt bulb to see what voltage the socket has.

#6 3 years ago

Test the removed bulbs in an easy to swap working lamp socket to see if they really are bad.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-had-a-wpc95-game-that-blew-a-lot-of-lamps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.