(Topic ID: 94539)

Ever get to open a pin that's had no key for years? I'm excited !!

By pinball_erie

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-670.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_erie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I will be getting my $100 King Of Diamonds in a few weeks, and the owner has never had the key in the 20 years he has had it. He says the previous owner told him he never had a key either in the 15 years he owned it. It will probably turn out to be nothing, but I am really curious to see what's in there. Hopefully it's nothing like what Vid found in that Space Invaders.............cabinet-o-dicks !!!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-strangest-thing-youve-ever-found-in-a-pinball-machine/page/2

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I helped BadBrick pick up a game from a high school once. They didn't have the keys, and didn't even know the backglass came out. We mentioned there might be acid damage from the batteries, and they didn't even know batteries were in it.
I taught one of their shop classes how to properly drill a lock in just a few seconds, then I realized I had just taught a bunch of teenagers how to break into stuff....

Their parents will be coming to you for the bail $$$$

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't open them in front of the sellers.
Just load it into the van and wave goodby.
If the lock is still "loose", you can pick it faster than you can drill it (usually).
There is that treasure hunt fun of opening something locked up for so many years, thats for sure!

Agreed, no way in hell I open this up until it's home. It's not going very far, keeping the head on in the back of my pick up is no big deal.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Why would you do that? Just drill out the back door lock, or just take a screwdriver and break the lock.
The back door lock is easy to get rid of.
It's no big deal until something busts the backglass.
Don't drill the front door. Just drill the back door, take the head off, and off you go.

I stand corrected, good take on that backglass nightmare scenario.

3 weeks later
#27 9 years ago

WOW............ very anticlimactic. There were only old bulbs and two dimes. On the plus side, the underside of the playfield looks super clean. Oh well, great winter project for $100 bucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_erie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-get-to-open-a-pin-thats-had-no-key-for-years-im-excited?tu=pinball_erie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.