(Topic ID: 17944)

Ever get the feeling that the collection is complete?

By damionrowe

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jwwhite15
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo.JPG
    whitewater.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Two years into this thing of ours, and going through a considerable amount of games and playing many others, thx to the Pinball Wizard Arcade in NH I'm feeling it.

whitewater.jpg

#2 7 years ago

No. I wish I could get that feeling though

#3 7 years ago

Nope, never.

#4 7 years ago

No. I would be done if I woulda kept tz and bought mb.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

No. I would be done if I woulda kept tz and bought mb.

On second thought, that's a lie.

#6 7 years ago

other side of the room

photo.JPG

#7 7 years ago

No, but with the prices spiraling out of control I've slowed down a lot. I have a good collection that doesn't really need a 4.5k TAF or a $3200 FH. I want those titles, but not that badly.

#8 7 years ago

Not yet, I guess we will never be satisfied until we have played them all so that we can make that determination. And like GoneFishin said, with the skyrocketed prices, we may never be able to try enough to say that our collection is complete.

Regards,

#9 7 years ago

Lets just say my wishlist will never be empty!

I've been really, as of late, been intrigued by pin manufacturers from Europe (Zacs, Bell, et. al) It's on ongoing cycle of wants!

#10 7 years ago

I don't think I'll ever have enough room to make it complete.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

No, but with the prices spiraling out of control I've slowed down a lot. I have a good collection that doesn't really need a 4.5k TAF or a $3200 FH. I want those titles, but not that badly.

I agree with u! I don't feel like I will ever be content with what I have and with the stupid prices of pins now a days, i just need to sit back and be thankful for what I have sometimes.

#12 7 years ago

I feel like I'm all done....waiting on WoZ but I'm full up

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I agree with u! I don't feel like I will ever be content and with the stupid prices of pins now a days, i just need to sit back and be thankful for the pins I do have!

#14 7 years ago

Great collection! I own 4 of those bad boys. Where you able to buy some pins from Pinball Wizard?

#15 7 years ago

Im low on room and just getting started. Probably end up like one of those eccentric pinheads with machines stuffed in every room. Watch for me in Special When Lit Pt 2.

#16 7 years ago

You know, after WOZ arrives, I think I will feel that way. I have space for 10 and in 5 years in the hobby I've run another 9 through the line-up. Two new this year -- Tron and WOZ. That seems enough activity for a long time. May be done churning.

#17 7 years ago

I thought it was a joke when I read the title.

Never complete

#18 7 years ago

I'm just getting started. Grew up with my dad having pins in the house many years ago; now that I'm able to get my own pins it's pretty discouraging to see the prices skyrocket

#19 7 years ago

My collection will never be complete.

However, I've now completely run out of room. Literally, I have 7 machines in my bedroom, one in my living room, 8 in my dining room, another dozen in my garage, and several at other houses and locations.

So now I'm extremely picky about games because I have no more room.

#20 7 years ago

I'm close... I think???
    I've already got more pins than space and 3 more pins on pre-order. A CV or TOTAN would go a long way to making me feel whole though

#21 7 years ago

My collection will never be complete.

#22 7 years ago

Maybe if I had as many as the op's....but on second thought nah. This is a terrible addiction. I am only limited by the room.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from damionrowe:

Ever get the feeling that the collection is complete?

Nope.

#25 7 years ago

Nope.

#26 7 years ago

Nope. The opposite I feel most of the time like it is just beginning.

#27 7 years ago

it is too much fun getting a new pin to ever be done changing the lineup

#28 7 years ago

Until my pin collection reaches "PMWolf status", I don't think I'll ever be satiated.

#29 7 years ago

I think it finally comes down to your "keepers" and your "rotaters". I have a few "slots" in my gameroom that are permanently filled... RBION, T3, FG, LOTR. Then there are the other "slots" that rotate games in and out. It's a pretty good system, IMHO.
    Terry.

#30 7 years ago

If I had a small balanced collection of 5 pins I think I'd be satisfied.

Well..

#31 7 years ago

Haven't had that feeling, kinda the exact opposite actually, but feel pretty good about my collection overall for having just one game less than 2 years ago.

#32 7 years ago

I think I'd be more likely to feel that way if I had a house with a larger basement to actually set up my machines. I can't say that I'm missing much that I want, but I'd love to actually set it all up in one room with space so I could play them

Honestly, I think I've got maybe five machines left that I'm really interested in, and beyond that it will only change if deals come up and smack me in the face... which they do seem to do relatively often.

#33 7 years ago

Soon as I can't pay the rent - yep .

#34 7 years ago

My collecting is just about complete. I'll continue to work on them and restore them for clients, but I'm done with the crazy prices. I'm going to focus on other penny arcade machines in my own collection. Like to restore a nice fortune teller, mutoscope and love tester in the near future.

#35 7 years ago

Yes after collecting about 4 to 5 years I didn't have any games I really wanted to add.
    Stopped buying/selling as much as before. Really liked the games I had and had no room to buy more, and didn't want to sell anything to make space. Sometimes one game was added and sold later but that was it. Recently sold a few games, only have 8 left but these are really keepers.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

I've been really, as of late, been intrigued by pin manufacturers from Europe (Zacs, Bell, et. al) It's on ongoing cycle of wants! []

Welcome to the club! I think I at least KNOW all the games I want, and I've managed to find most of 'em, but then I stumble across some obscure title from Spain and realise I really want that game too... so the wishlist grows again... will never be fully there, but that's part of the attraction for me...

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Yes after collecting about 4 to 5 years I didn't have any games I really wanted to add.
    Stopped buying/selling as much as before. Really liked the games I had and had no room to buy more, and didn't want to sell anything to make space. Sometimes one game was added and sold later but that was it. Recently sold a few games, only have 8 left but these are really keepers.

Hay Aeneas, how you doin'? What happened to your Orbitor 1, I see it's not in your collection any more... or is that Nikki's? I saw one for sale on Marktplaats recently, was that yours?? And what do you mean 'collecting 4-5 years', you've been collecting longer than me... are you trying to hide your age

Nice to see you Pinside...

#38 7 years ago

Hi ! yes just joined this forum, seems to be very active

Our O1 was sold in december, then I bought another one as I missed it but decided to sell it and that was on marktplaats (with banana flippers) about 2 months ago.
    Yes we're active for 12 years now with pins. First 4 to 5 years we bought and sold a lot. Then had acquired most of the wpc/wpc95 games we wanted and didn't want to sell anything.
    In december we decided to sell about half of our collection, the older games which we don't play/enjoy that much and which were more rare games that visited liked (O1, Little Pro golf, black hole, haunted house, ..). We only have 8 pins left, before we always had about 15.. but these 8 will stay and I'll shop/restore them as perfect as I can now

#39 7 years ago

I'll pm you to take this conversation away from this topic...

#40 7 years ago

How could my collection be complete?
    I have to find a way to buy Wizard of Oz.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Welcome Aeneas!

#42 7 years ago

Nope, not even close!

#43 7 years ago

I'm feeling Eye Strain from the 1" x 1" pics

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shadow:

You know, after WOZ arrives, I think I will feel that way. I have space for 10 and in 5 years in the hobby I've run another 9 through the line-up. Two new this year -- Tron and WOZ. That seems enough activity for a long time. May be done churning.

I am reserving the right to change view after I play X-Men!

#46 7 years ago

Complete?....like, that's it?...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    $ 299.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Haus
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside